Last Boat Leaving

Discussion in 'U.K.' started by Joshua Tree, Jul 7, 2017.

1. Joshua Tree

Joshua Tree Remain In Light

Things have got pretty dire in this country, from the perspective of me and all of the friends I know. Tory rule, Brexit, food banks, a health system at breaking point, the economy heading for catastrophe, a physical and online surveillance state, the prevalence of racism and small-mindedness, and so on. My best friend has been trying to persuade me that the only option is to bail out and leave the country. I have seriously considered it, but then I thought "I live here, why should I be bullied out of here by those cunts?". I think now that even if things descend into some kind of neo-fascist state, I will stay here and do what I can to fight against those bastards.

My question is: Are there any circumstances under which you would feel forced to leave the country?

https://youtu.be/mnCGVtYIFWA

2 people like this.
  2. Rots in hell

Rots in hell Senior Member

If Corbyn gets in and brexit doesn't happen !

3. TipsyGypsy

TipsyGypsy Light of a Fading Star

Definitely thinking of moving abroad. Have for a while now, but then I feel the same as you - why should I be made to leave?

I'm hoping Corbyn gets in. Will be the best thing to happen.

2 people like this.
  4. BlackBillBlake

BlackBillBlake resigned HipForums Supporter

Unlike in the days when this was painted, it's not so easy nowadays to find a country eager for British immigrants.

[​IMG]

Ford Madox Brown 1855 - 'The Last of England'.

5. Ged

Ged Tits and Thigh Man.

I would go to Poland.

6. Rots in hell

Have you ever Been to Poland !

7. Ged

Ged Tits and Thigh Man.

No. But I fell in love with Polish Woman. She wasn't interested.

I would like to know what it's like over there.

Have you been?

8. Rots in hell

I worked there ! Spent quite a bit of time there over a period of about ten years ! its a very poor country with a lot of street violence (gangs Etc ) the people are actually very nice to Visitors Had some really good times there
    There are a lot of Stunning Polish women for some reason :gorgeous:

Oh and its Really Cold in the winter coldest I have ever been in my life

9. morrow

morrow Visitor

One day, I'm gonna live in Mexico, spend all my time shriveling up on their beautiful beaches. :)

10. Rots in hell

This boat !!

http://youtu.be/3dGj9h8ggCc

11. Irminsul

Irminsul Valkyrie

Polish women are good looking because they're very mixed you see there's the white Poles, Nord Poles, Slavic Poles and I don't think there's any denying that crossing asians with whites usually produces a good looking person, so when Ghengis tried to rally through Europe and was stopped in Poland probably through not so desirable circumstances, you just just have this unique identity really.

People just look different in Poland. Some look extremely Euro, some don't. Some are darker skins, probably Danish influence.

Remember that there was a time where Poland was a very successful country and her waterways and central location made it an extremely viable trading country north east south and west influences.

Lot of people met there, lot of mixed culture. :)

12. WOLF ANGEL

WOLF ANGEL Senior Member - A Fool on the Hill Lifetime Supporter

Thinking of leaving?
    Just remember =
    http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=9br3UAOeFxs
    - But, if one feels strongly enough - then one should always follow their conscience

13. Adamskiffle

Adamskiffle Members

I've considered it but: A) Most of the problems the UK has are actually quite tiny compared to what the rest of the world has + B) Even if I moved i'd basically be evading problems ab & substituting them problems abcdefgh....etc

14. Scratched

Scratched Members

I get awfully butt hurt about America sometimes too, but at least it's still legal to own our own weapons for protection. (fuck you Obama!!)

Those hooded bastards calling Allah their guide to life are gonna have a tougher time with Americans with guns.

Sure the cities are full of non-gunners, but they get out in the countryside and they won't get even get buried.

That's what Buzzards, Opossum, Coyotes and other varmints do. They are the "Clean-Up Crew".

1 person likes this.
  15. WOLF ANGEL

Why would one leave? when ...
    http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=js-SjrepvDE
    ;)

16. I returned 3 years ago only because my partner wanted to. The biggest mistake of my life. I will leave again at the first opportunity.

I am shocked at how much this country has changed and unfortunately for the worst. I have lived in france and spain for long periods of time but have visited 3 carribean countries and 3 african countries. There are plenty of choices out there.

I´m thinking Dominican Republic. Las time I was there I had a good look at house prices etc.
    So yeah...............

17. WOLF ANGEL

Home is where the Heart is, or at least where it feels it should be - One should always aspire to be content in and with ones lifestyle - and if the conviction is strong enough then no doubt "A change, is gonna come"

18. I'm very much a home is where I hang my hat right now kind of person. Don't get me wrong. I'm here and have a reasonable lifestyle and am content to a certain extent but have no particular wish to stay. I suppose I'm just a gypsy at heart.

19. WOLF ANGEL

In truth, accessibility wise, the World is a much smaller place .
    Personally, I like the stability of ye Olde U.K. however, there is a Gypsy spirit in most of us, and I guess if there is the opportunity and financial capacity to travel "wherever one lays one hat ....."

20. I live very, very frugally so my weekly/monthly/ yearly expenses are minimal. This does not afford us much leeway but enough to do "stuff".
    The old adage "where there`s a will there´s a way" is true in our case.