Barefoot Vacation

Discussion in 'Barefoot' started by barefootconservative, Jul 6, 2017.

1. barefootconservative

barefootconservative Barefoot for God

It's day two of my barefoot vacation at the lake. Yesterday as we came here, I brought no shoes along. I have two days left on my barefoot vacation.

3 people like this.
  2. Walk on fun surfaces. Get your soles dirty and tingling! Go barefoot in places where you always dont!

3. barefootconservative

Sure thing.

4. SoftSoles

SoftSoles Member

Have you persuaded members of your travelling party to follow suit and abandon footwear?

5. barefootconservative

No. They're a bit prudish.

6. SoftSoles

SoftSoles Member

Prudish they may be, have any of your travelling party enquired about your lack of footwear while enjoying a weekend away?

7. bfe2012

bfe2012 Barefooter

I got to go barefoot alone for a couple weeks on vaca. Took a ferry, backpack and and my barefeet. Love every second of it, felt so free.

1 person likes this.
  8. Barefoot_Longhair

Barefoot_Longhair Member

Going somewhere and not bringing any shoes at all is great. Very liberating.

9. I'minmyunderwear

I'minmyunderwear Newbie

i disagree with this more and more as time goes on. i just can't comprehend how it's liberating to be unprepared. it's like saying that it's liberating to go to a ski resort without any skis; sure you saved yourself the trouble of having to carry skis, but ultimately you just limited what you're able to do there. i'd rather have everything i might need and not use it than not be able to do something because i was being stubborn.

i suppose there are a few exceptions; if i was traveling on foot i might opt for an extremely light load for example. but i think that's pretty uncommon.

10. GLENGLEN

GLENGLEN Banned

I Have No Choice.......I Don't Own Any Shoes...... :D

Cheers Glen.

1 person likes this.
  11. Barefoot_Longhair

Barefoot_Longhair Member

So you bring a hat, gloves, jacket, and umbrella everywhere you go at all times? Wouldn't want to be unprepared.

Your ski analogy is flawed. You're going there for the express purpose of skiing. You'd have to rent skis anyway. When you go just somewhere, you're not going there to wear shoes.

12. I'minmyunderwear

I'minmyunderwear Newbie

other than the umbrella, i do have all those things in my vehicle at all times, so generally where i go i have them.

the fact that i don't have an umbrella doesn't really stop me from doing anything. lack of shoes doesn't prevent many activities, but there are a few that shoes are either needed for or at least very helpful. either way, i don't find anything about my lack of an umbrella to be liberating. that was my real point there, i just don't see the liberation in lacking any sort of tool.

13. Barefoot_Longhair

Barefoot_Longhair Member

Well, that's how you feel; but that doesn't mean that those who do feel liberated are not entitled to feel that way. If a particular post doesn't describe you, you could just remain silent. Crazy, I know, right?

14. I'minmyunderwear

I'minmyunderwear Newbie

not crazy, just boring. and it would be the end of forums, since nobody wants to post on a forum where each thread is one comment followed by a bunch of people saying "uh huh" and "yup."

Tags: