I'm In A Crazy Relationship - Need Help

Discussion in 'True Love' started by Bavak, Jul 1, 2017.

1. Bavak

Bavak Guest

Hey, so...

I'm in a relationship with a woman 14 years older than myself (I'm 22 in Sept.) she has 2 kids and is married, yes she's having an affair. Her relationship with her husband is basically non-existent, they are simply 2 people who live together, they don't talk, they don't sleep in the same bed, they haven't had sex in nearly a year, I've been with her for about 8 months but they do have 2 kids. I am madly in love with her and she is with me, she is desperate to leave him so we can start a life together but is too scared of the affect it'll have on her kids, her kids are 2 boys, aged 2 and 5. I met her a year ago when she hired me, she was my boss up until a couple of months ago when I was promoted. We had an instant connection. I've never been in love before, I am truly terrified that she is the person I'm meant to be with, Im scared she won't ever leave him.

I tried ending it about 3 months back, I gave her the ultimatum of you either leave him or we're over, she said she wasn't ready to leave, my head was set on leaving but my heart just wouldn't let me do it, I keep seeing it as even if we never end up together that being with her in any form is better than nothing at all but what if she never leaves and I waste my chances of meeting someone else because of this sort of thinking?

We talk every day and do our best to see each other when we can, it's hard going from seeing someone 5 times a week at work to a couple of times a fortnight.

I can't see the light at the end of the tunnel for us any more, she promised we' be together but I don't believe her any more but I still can't bring myself to leave.

I don't really have a question, just putting my story out there and seeing what people say. My family know about it and all say I should leave, I'll only get hurt, they're supportive but don't agree with it.

Thank you.

2. Meliai

Meliai Banned

Tale as old as time

Song as old as rhyme

Even if she does leave her husband to fulfill all your romantic fantasies, it will never be what you imagine it will be. She has kids, so either you'll end up the step dad who doesn't get his chance at romance because you don't realize exactly how demanding kids actually are of time and attention, OR you'll be the dude who is with the woman who completely abandoned her kids.
    Or you'll be the ...mister, I guess (obviously mistress is the more common term) of a woman who never actually leaves her husband

3. whodatdere

whodatdere Members

If she's cheating on her husband, she'll do the same to you man. If her home life was that awful, she would've already split. I mean, you're 22, you should be banging girls your age and without kids. There's plenty of them out there, so leave the married chick and her baggage at home with her hubby.

1 person likes this.
  4. ahsorandy

ahsorandy Members

Cheating men and women alike, will often say they'll leave their spouse, however, the majority of the time they never do. Move on!