A Great Barefoot Movie

Discussion in 'Barefoot' started by mmicmann, Jul 1, 2017.

1. mmicmann

mmicmann Member

I just watched "Age of Consent" with James Mason and Helen Mirren. Mason is a middle aged burned out artist who goes to a North Australian island to refresh, and encounters a beach waif, played my Mirren. Mason was 60 years old at the time, but still vigorous. Mirren was 22, and this was her break-out role. Mirren is barefoot pretty much all the time, Mason about half the time. Despite the title, it's not a "dirty old man" movie. It's a charming and rather innocent "coming of age" film.

3 people like this.
  2. TheGreatShoeScam

TheGreatShoeScam Members

[media]https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=UHrEmY2RqyU[/media]

Reminds me of another movie from the 60s centered around the palm tree life on an island theme , I can't think of what search to even find it. Ship wreck the family the two older boys fight over the girl then its fight the pirates the logs trap and the coconut bombs full of gunpowder the kid lights one the pirates hear it...

3. mmicmann

mmicmann Member

That movie is "Swiss Family Robinson." Disney movie from 1960, starring John Mills and James McArthur.

4. M_Ranko

M_Ranko Straight edge xXx

Not really a movie about barefooting specifically, but The Bridge on the river Kwai has a scene that speaks to me for some reason. When the allied soldiers are pushing trough the Burmese jungles to reach the Kwai-river bridge, the Thai women carrying the soldiers' supplies are all barefoot all throughout the trek to the bridge. Be it leech infested swamps or rocky cliffs, the women walk trough it all in their bare feet, with no sign of discomfort on their faces at any point. I found it really impressive what feats of strength your average, unshod foot can achieve when it has a lifelong period of conditioning behind it, supported by a culture where going barefoot is the normal.

5. *pixy*

*pixy* Member