I'm Having A Barefoot Fit...bit

Discussion in 'Barefoot' started by Deleted member 159087, Jun 29, 2017.

1. Got one for my birthday....kinda fun to know how many miles per day/week I do barefoot! No, I do none of them shod. Calories are fun to burn barefoot!

2. tommeem1

tommeem1 Members

One time I was walking barefooted and I got a huge ass piece of glass in my foot. Another time I was walking barefooted and I got a rusty nail that was hiding under cardboard through my foot. It didn't go completely through, but it was halfway there.

I still have the scars.

So, I don't know how you guys do it without worrying about things like that.

3. soulcompromise

soulcompromise Member HipForums Supporter

That sounds healthy. Not sure I'd want my feet exposed to all that gritty natural dirt though! Aren't you worried about germs and foot hygiene? :)

I'm glad you like fitbit btw. Those are cool. If I didn't wear a watch I'd probably get a fitbit. I really like to burn calories so it's in line with my lifestyle. All but the obvious having a watch thing. Supposedly more people use their phones as a watch these days. I don't though. I still have a nice G-Shock by Casio that I got at a local clothing store in town.

4. Fitbit are cool and so is barefooting. See a bazillion posts here about foot safety and hygiene. It's all in the watching!

5. SoftSoles

SoftSoles Member

Now a proud owner of a Fitbit, you'll be able to monitor just how far your bare feet take you each day, in addition to observing how many calories are burned on a daily basis. Happy bare footing!!

I also agree that by paying more attention to what the feet are doing when treading barefoot, with eyes looking no more than a few feet in front, dangers such as glass, nails and dog deposits can largely be avoided. Equally, so long as the skin remains cared for, thus, reducing the risk of developing open fissures and that nails are trimmed short and neat, bacteria shouldn't enter the body through the feet.

6. I'minmyunderwear

I'minmyunderwear Newbie

i don't like accessories; i don't have a fitbit and i haven't worn a watch since childhood either. it's just not comfortable having a clunky thing hanging from my wrist.

i'm actually not entirely sure what a fitbit really does. it seems like it just tells you how much you've walked, which seems relatively pointless to me. but maybe there's other uses that i'm not aware of.

7. Did 18 miles last week and 18 miles this week. Barefoot.

2 people like this.
  8. Irminsul

Irminsul Valkyrie

I took my Fitbit off a few weeks back to have a shower. It's still sitting there..

I used it for a year but I dunno, I find it very inconsistent and after a while kind of learned how many steps I was doing etc. I still like it and I miss it at times just my heart rate was always crazy on thing which scared me.

9. I'minmyunderwear

I'minmyunderwear Newbie

do you intentionally aim for 18 miles per week or did you just randomly happen to walk the same distance two consecutive weeks?