Can A 44 Year Old Man Be Sexy To A Woman In Her Early 30's?

Discussion in 'Love and Sex' started by matt1162, Jun 28, 2017.

1. Ged

Ged Tits and Thigh Man.

Someone once asked me if I was optimistic. I said "I hope so".

1 person likes this.
  2. jpdonleavy

jpdonleavy Members

But you're over it now

3. Varmint

Varmint Member

Candybuttons said, in relevant part:
    "Actually it kinda scared me lol."

My reply:
    So....have you recovered, and if so, how long did THAT take?

4. RubySoho6

RubySoho6 Organized Chaos

I'm in my (late) 30's and there are men in their 40's and 50's that I find attractive. I'm happily married so I don't act on it but if I were single I wouldn't have an issue depending on the person.

5. olderndirt

olderndirt Senior Member

I don't know, since I'm not a woman, but I remember finding some 40+ ladies really sexy when I was in my 30's.

6. jpdonleavy

jpdonleavy Members

Definitely not. I know of NO case in which a woman in her 30s has EVER been even slightly attracted to a man in his 40s in the entire 2,000 years of Judeo-Christian civilisation. I cannot speak for Zoroastrians.

The very thought of it makes my armadillo curdle and my finches go rigid and turn blue

(rolleyes)

1 person likes this.
  7. Candybuttons

Candybuttons Sweet Member

Ya I'm over it.

1 person likes this.
  8. Candybuttons

Candybuttons Sweet Member

Oh ya it wasn't that bad, it was just a one time thing, I wasn't harmed or upset by it, I was just weirded out. I didn't really understand why he bit my cheek and why he was so aggressive.

9. Noserider

Noserider Goofy-Footed Member

Kinda depends on the individual woman and her tastes.

10. Varmint

Varmint Member

Candybuttons said:
    "I didn't really understand why he bit my cheek and why he was so aggressive."

My reply:
    I'd say either he was letting you know how passionate he felt about you, or he was telegraphing his tendency for violence. I wouldn't think anyone likes getting bitten, especially when there's a multitude of gentler ways to convey one's affections. Probably a good thing you didn't stick around.

As for age differences, when I was younger I preferred older women to younger, although I'd date someone less than 2 yrs younger than me. Any younger than that and they seemed to frivolous and immature to waste serious time on. OK to play with, perhaps, but never given serious consideration. Now that I'm much older (62) I find most women of my generation to be so desperate they're willing to say anything, or so broken down they can't do anything. I haven't dated since my divorce ten years ago and likely won't ever again. I don't want the drama and betrayal, and I've come to hate surprises, unless it's on the other end of my fishing pole or growing on one of my favorite fruit or nut trees.

1 person likes this.
  11. drumminmama

drumminmama Super Moderator Super Moderator

Well, I'll be going on a date with a man who is at least 13 years older than I am.
    I'm basing this off when he was attending university. And I was five.
    Yeah... not bringing it up.

Now, I look younger than I am, so who knows what age he thinks I am. However, I've never been shy about stating my age, so it's likely, that over the years we have been friends, he has filed my age away.

The only issue I see is if this becomes a Thing, and my parents ever ask.
    Now, my mom dated and lived with a guy about my brother's age, so she has no room to talk.

My dad and step mom? Who knows? They can be judgemental, they can also be all " people should be happy."

12. GLENGLEN

GLENGLEN Banned

At The Ripe Old Age Of 48......Who Gives A "Rats Ass" What Family Members Think......

You Know What Is Right Or Wrong.......And What Makes You Happy.....

Life Is Short.....Put Yourself First..... :)

Cheers Glen.

3 people like this.
  13. Piaf

Piaf Senior Member

You might not be aware of this, but we have a perfectly fine, functioning "quote" option on this forum.

14. I'minmyunderwear

I'minmyunderwear Newbie

this is why women aren't attracted to older men. computer illiteracy is a major turn off.

15. Varmint

Varmint Member

Ahh, that's nice. Is there anything wrong with the way I did it? I've been doing it like that for decades....

Also, I'm not computer illiterate. I built most of my early systems and have been using linux since the mid-90's.
    I reckon I AM, however, "forum illiterate", since I've never bothered using their buttons. I'm not interested in the burden of dating.

And to think all this time I thought being old was the turnoff.

1 person likes this.
  16. I'minmyunderwear

I'minmyunderwear Newbie

^ i was really just joking about the computer illiteracy thing. to be honest, i think the biggest turnoff is not knowing their shitty music.

17. GLENGLEN

GLENGLEN Banned

You Just Keep Digging A Deeper And Deeper Hole For Yourself.....[​IMG]

Cheers Glen.

18. Vanilla Gorilla

Vanilla Gorilla Go Ape

Kind of hoping the shitty music quip was a reference to Pink Floyd

1 person likes this.
  19. drumminmama

drumminmama Super Moderator Super Moderator

Cheers to you, my dear. And hugs.
    Can you give some insight to potential insecurities that might possibly come up? General stuff of course. I know I'm a huge advocate of asking the person involved, but I'd like a sketched map of this territory, rather than interviewing him. (Which I have done, in my previous career) I think the way I can question can seem professional, not personal.
    No daddy issues, income disparity, or gold digging going on. We both know that touring and work eat time, and to be grateful for what we get.

So the gap is 17 years. He is 65.
    He's having a tough time believing I'm truly interested, at points.
    Even asked if I'd ever been with a 65-year-old man.
    I was honest, said never.
    However I kept quiet about a long-running crush I have on a mutual friend. He's 62. (Both men seem younger than their years.)
    I flipped the question on him.
    And his answer, after some thought, was "when I was around that age."

Bonus to me: what I perceive as age in my own body will not look like age to him.

20. I'minmyunderwear

I'minmyunderwear Newbie

young women these days don't even know pink floyd. lucky bitches.

1 person likes this.