Project Veritas Exposes The Fake Russia Conspiracy

Discussion in 'Latest Hip News Stories' started by Fueled by Coffee, Jun 27, 2017.

1. 6-eyed shaman

6-eyed shaman Sock-eye salmon

2 people like this.
  2. 6-eyed shaman

Yes i can hear the crickets. A tumbleweed just went by as well.

Does this mean we can now talk about Seth Rich without getting our Facebook accounts suspended?

My guess is, they'll still try to find a way to write about Russian manipulation in public school history books for the next generation.

2 people like this.
  3. tumbling.dice

tumbling.dice Visitor

CNN should start firing people from the top on down the line. I never watch CNN (or FOX either for that matter); I have my own reasons for distrusting it.

This doesn't change my negative opinion of Trump, incidentally; it just reinforces my already negative view of CNN.

2 people like this.
  4. Asmodean

Asmodean Slo motion rider

Never go with one source of news. It's a setup for failure and getting misguided. Take notice of as much as you can and use your brain. Often wishful thinking plays a role in accepting the suprising news of one source ("I KNEW it was not right! And now look at this! Ha!") and certain news organisations, sites, blogs or particular journalists know that and will (ab)use that knowledge.
    Now.. it COULD be that such an individual news source is actually bringing the truth or has a real scoop. Certainly a possibility. But always think (at least :p) twice if it conveniently matches your wishful thinking.

5. MeAgain

MeAgain Dazed & Confused Lifetime Supporter Super Moderator

Good post.
    This underlines the deference between a reliable news source and a bogus one.

CNN made an error, they admitted it, and they held those responsible for it to task by firing them.
    All news media make mistakes from time to time, if they are reliable, they admit the mistake and retract it. That's what CNN did.

The story was not televised, although it appeared on the net, CNN doesn't say the story was necessarily false, only that it wasn't vetted properly, it relied on one source only, which is against policy. They also publicly apologized.

Anthony Scaramucci was the offended party.

6. 6-eyed shaman

CNN isn't a news agency; they are an anti-trump activist group.

Nevertheless they'll survive any lawsuit that hits them because they're on corporate welfare.

You'd think Trump has enough actual dirt on him, that they wouldn't have to make up a rumor and run with it for several months. It just makes anti-Trump groups untrustworthy

7. soulcompromise

soulcompromise Member HipForums Supporter

I didn't take the bait (link not followed), but I'm curious...

Does this post now mean that Russia did nothing?

I hate to stir the pot, but at the same time I find it very very hard to believe that they didn't do anything at this point. They did something. It could be that the media has exaggerated, but the reality seems to be we just don't know.

I don't think Trump had his hands in whatever it is the Russians are/were doing. From what I understand though, they hacked some polling info or some benign-sounding thing. :)

8. MeAgain

No it doesn't mean that Russia did nothing, we know they did.

The video is another attack by the same crew that plead guilty in federal court in 2010 for the same tactic of false identification while filming in secret another highly edited, slanted video. They do this a lot.

The man secretly interviewed under false pretenses is John Bonifield, a producer of medical segments for CNN, not political ones.
    The video is heavily edited, so we don't know what else he said or the context of much of what he said.
    Everything he said was his own opinion, not CNN policy...so big deal.

Nothing in the video proves or even hints that CNN put out anything about Russia or Trump that was not accurate, they're just pissed because CNN devotes a lot of time to the biggest story this century so far.

Then they criticize CNN for the way it reports after they put out another heavily edited video filmed in secrecy under false pretenses to push a conclusion they have already reached before they even started filming.

Nice work.

2 people like this.
  9. Meliai

Meliai Banned

I find it best to stay away from any news source that relies on the 24/7 news cycle model

Print journalism is best, print can certainly be sensationalized but you're less susceptible to falling for it without some dumb pundit screaming at you through the tv. Reuters and The Associated Press are pretty decent, unbiased sources for print journalism
    As far as this though -
    This CNN deal doesn't expose all Russian connections as false, this involves just one connection and we don't know whether it is true or false, we only know the story was retracted because it was only suppported by one anonymous source.

Not defending CNN, like I said I avoid all 24/7 media outlets because they're purposely sensational for the sake of ratings

But claiming this exposes the fake Russian conspiracy is a bit sensational too - this particular incident only involves one claim, one connection

2 people like this.
  10. MeAgain

Well Khan is a respected journalist and college professor so that makes him immediately suspect to some people.

I mean, compared to James O'Keefe (Project Veritas), who has been fired for trying to influence legislation, criticized for misleading editing, receives anonymous right wing donations, received a $10,000 donation from the Trump Foundation, targeted ACORN because it had voter registration drives (for which he was fined $100,000), was arrested on a felony account of entering federal property, was convicted of a misdemeanor account of false pretenses and was sentenced to 3 years probation 100 hours of community service and a $1,500 dollar fine, was accused by a Republican senator of terrorizing his wife, harassing him and trespassing, ....and I'm getting tired of listing his most enduring traits...there's more.

Completely unbiased! (That's sarcasm by the way)

As far as the evidence of a Trump connection to the Russian hacks.....there is a ton of evidence of Trump associates...that's why we're having investigations, to see where the evidence leads.
    No convictions yet, and there may never be...but there is evidence.

1 person likes this.
  11. 6-eyed shaman

"The purpose of journalism is to expose the world for what it is.
    Not to push a false political narrative to make money." - James O'Keefe

2 people like this.
  12. NoxiousGas

NoxiousGas Old Fart

CNN and other news outlets are exposing Trump for what he is and his false political narrative to make himself money, so they are abiding by that quote, don't you agree?

13. Pressed_Rat

Pressed_Rat Do you even lift, bruh?

It's all about getting people to take sides. Polarization.

2 people like this.
  14. 6-eyed shaman

Do you think Trump has enough real dirt on him, that a journalist from CNN could tell a true story to form a political narrative?

15. psymon*

psymon* shadilay

It is disgusting and unethical when you take a look at the democrats. Obama was so corrupt and worked very hard to destroy Trumps administration in its infancy with his appointment of people to a position at the expense of the American people.

He even appointed someone to his office who was or is affiliated with the Muslim Brotherhood, a known terrorist group, yet this is ok!?

So let's look at the manipulation by Obamas administration.

here is a prime example.

Rumana Ahmed wh was Affiliated with the Muslim brotherhood, was an MSA officer, and Ned Price Obama staffers who worked directly with Ben Rhodes, who was Obamas national security adviser for strategic communications. New York Times Magazine actually profiled Ben Rhodes in 2016. Ned Price & Rumana Ahmed worked in the same room, outside of Rhodes’ office. 2016 New York Times Magazine profile of Rhodes showed the front office with Rhodes assistants, Rumana Ahmed, and his deputy, Ned Price. CNN constantly playing on a large monitor in the room.

Other responsibilities they had were as a part of Obama's NSC were to manipulate the American people and contact 'compadres' . Price was a former CIA analyst and their jobs was to contact a few people in the media to proliferate the message.

We must ask why is Obama appointing people to the NSC who are affiliated with terrorist groups?

Ahmed was a political appointee who in January, 2017 three days before Obama left office, her position changed to a civil servant position. What she and price did, when Trump took office is they made a huge statement by leaving trumps administration with articles written in the Atlantic (Ahmed) and Edward (Ned) Price writing his reasons for quitting in the Washington post. Ned claimed he did not leave for piolitical reasons. The article failed to mention that Ned Price gave 5000 dollars to Hilary's Campaigne and so did Ahmed.

The Atlantic had to make a retraction regarding Ahmed's article as they stated she was not a political appointee to the Whitehouse

Ahmed quit after 8 days under Trump but only attended 3 days in 8 working days.

Both articles for Price and Ahmed appeared within three days of one another.

Spin Doctors is what they are and the people on this forum who are defending CNN are victims of that manipulation You have to feel sorry for them. They are stuck in Obamas echo chamber.

1 person likes this.
  16. 6-eyed shaman

CNN tracks down a 15 year old meme animator in 1 day's time. But can't prove the Russia conspiracy theories in over a whole year.

1 person likes this.
  17. Irminsul

Irminsul Valkyrie

This is why I don't believe the news and get all my news and real knowledge from abovetopsecret.com :)

2 people like this.
  18. Asmodean

Tragical that you think you're making a point with this.

1 person likes this.
  19. psymon*

psymon* shadilay

^ tragic that you think this is not if any importance or applicable.

Heads up, this thread is about CNN's abuse of power through media and misleading the public. CNN's belief that they can say and do anything without being held accountable. They are accountable, morally, ethically and criminally responsible for what they have done, but they protect themselves under the first amendment. The first amendment when it comes to CNN only applies to those that share their views.

But they have broken the law and can be charged for what they have done. Cooersion!

2 people like this.
  20. Asmodean

Well, happily that's not what i think (or said). I pointed out 6-eyed doesn't make a point with that post. He just made the association in a supposedly witty sentence acting like he has a point. No biggie on itself but i see it happen more often lately, so felt like mentioning it

21. Meliai

Meliai Banned

It likes its own posts lol

22. ~Zen~

~Zen~ Ancient Mariner Administrator

The point I'd like to make is that Fox Noise and all the other networks have done the same.

Just seems that now that CNN isn't the darling it used to be it is suffering some growing pains to do with ethics and morality... a constant battle within the so-called 'news' industry.

1 person likes this.