Why Do Christians Always Claim Famous People Repent On Their Death Bed?

Discussion in 'Christianity' started by unfocusedanakin, Jun 25, 2017.

1. tumbling.dice

tumbling.dice Visitor

I don't understand that statement. Meek people die just like anyone else. How can they inherit anything?

2. jpdonleavy

jpdonleavy Members

i agree, okie. I'm always wary of people who think they know something about the unknowable, the ineffable - the mysterious spiritual entity pervading the universe ( assuming there is a spiritual entity, for the sake of the argument)

i think people who assume they have an inside track to God's thinking are charlatans - arrogant and ignorant of the most basic spiritual considerations. They may get to heaven but they'll be put straight into the bobo class.

3. jpdonleavy

jpdonleavy Members

That's just an ancient blog by an old white guy

Anyway, Damascus will be destroyed before Jerusalem, at the rate we're going

4. jpdonleavy

jpdonleavy Members

it would seem a shame if after death all our accumulated wisdom were to just evaporate. But, most people are stupid, you say? Perhaps, but taken in aggregate the human race thinks up a lot of cool stuff, like

"Was it a year or lives ago,
    we caught the summer flying low

5. thefutureawaits

thefutureawaits Members

6. thefutureawaits

thefutureawaits Members

You don't read well, what about the "nations"

7. thefutureawaits

thefutureawaits Members

Yeah a blog. Great respect

8. thefutureawaits

thefutureawaits Members

Oh a literalist. I just don't understand how people don't think that humans can live on the earth instead they ratherrather believe that they go to heaven

9. Moonglow181

Moonglow181 Lifetime Supporter Lifetime Supporter

"Most people are stupid, I say?" Where? I don't recall saying that. I have called people geniuses here a time or two, though.

10. jpdonleavy

jpdonleavy Members

F-16s, FA-18Es and the like are my expertise. I leave the 'nations' to the strategist. Colour me 'tactical'

11. jpdonleavy

jpdonleavy Members

The sole point of getting repartee going with those who quote the Bible is to drive them to the point of madness

12. thefutureawaits

thefutureawaits Members

So you're basically saying you know nothing

13. unfocusedanakin

unfocusedanakin The Archaic Revival Lifetime Supporter

This is actuly similar to my experiences. "Hell" is the lack of the light. And you choose to go there. It's very hard to do something where you are forced to bethere. Strangely enough lots of entities prefer it. So there are demons and things like that sort of discussed in the Bible.

I've heard this before too. If you ask this question you must have questions yourself. It's important to you because you wonder yourself if it would work for you and also what a person you respect might have seen to make them do this. Yes, it's true that by the Atheist standards it should not matter at all. Who cares what that person said god is not real, there is not heaven etc. I just think it's disrespectful and knowingly dishonest. This person was an enemy of the church. A thousand years ago he would be killed by that same church. That's gone out of fashion so they kill their legacy. Ultimately, it's their ideas and words that will live on and maintain power not the person who spoke it. So I would say it is the church who undermines in this case.