I Want To Be A Hippy

Discussion in 'Communal Living' started by Kchap, Jun 25, 2017.

1. Kchap

Kchap Members

Any ideas, I want to sell everything and move to a hippy town, where I can buy a farmhouse and some land where I can live with people who want to help

2 people like this.
  2. soulcompromise

soulcompromise Member HipForums Supporter

Listen to this music!
    https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=nmYi5u9BhtI
    lol.. just something fun...

Anyway. Good luck with that group idea. Not that many people want to do that, so you might have better luck if you search for communes that already exist. Just my two cents anyway, I could be wrong. :)

I should add that I'm not the authority on hippy communes.

3. unfocusedanakin

unfocusedanakin The Archaic Revival Lifetime Supporter

You could start with going to a Rainbow Gathering. It will give you a good idea of the kind of people out there with similar ideas. Some people say the 60's are over but some people still have the same ideas. Like as far as living out of school buses and that kind of thing if you want to go that far. But don't think you need other people to validate you. Think globally, act locally. To be a "hippie" is a state of mind in my opinion. So if you don't see other people around you who feel the same create it yourself. Be the change you wish to see in the world. Maybe you will inspire others.

4. tuatara

tuatara Lifetime Supporter Lifetime Supporter

good luck

5. JoeyM51

JoeyM51 Currently locked in chastity for the last 4 years.

I was a hippie in the late 60's as was my ex fiancee. I ended up joining the Army and she stayed a hippie. She found a commune close to where we were living and joined in. While there she was kept stoned and passed along from man to man, woman to woman and to be a plaything for couples. She got pregnant but has no idea of who the father is since they believed in having the community raise all children so it did not matter who the father was. She also became a drug addict, suffered mental issues, heard angels talking to her and legally changed her name to her spirit animal when they told her to. She married a man for financial support for her and her son and as she told me over the phone, left him two weeks after he wrote the last college tuition check for her son's college. She is now married to a woman and run a business and continues to have mental problems and hearing voices.

Today's definition of a hippie is not like it really was. I have tripped on LSD 3 times and was stoned every day on all sorts of drugs. Free love kept me in girls after we all got stoned. All of the hippie friends I have all have kids and conservative jobs. I am the only one who chose an alternate mariage. I had a poly triad with my wife and her best friend who we shared for 30 years of our 45 year marriage. We got stoned every day until we were 50 years old. Despite that, I was one of the two world experts in my field and wore 3 piece suits to work and cut my hair short. My old hippie buddies kept their long hair and refused to wear suits. They all had low paying jobs and never made anything of themselves. They were divorced and remarried several times and even worked for me awhile until I fired them for being so stoned that their work costs me money.

Is this your idea of what being a hippie means or is it some idealistic version that those who never experienced it for real have constructed so they can be different and cool? I cannot remember most of my life from the 60's to late 80's. I had sex with over 30 women but can only remember the names of 9 of them. I had three relationships in my life and all were with bisexual women who liked to play with other girls with me. I learned what my friends did not. You can be whomever you want to be but learn to play the game and you can make a lot of money and live an easy life anyway you want to. No one knew that when I got home I put on my tee and jeans, smoked a few joints and made love to two women thousands of times. We partied and had what is best described as orgies with people we just met and never saw again. The worst experience my wife and I had was her coming home with bruises all over her body, especially her breast from a to stoned dude and me being asked to hurt a girl harder than I thought was safe. I never was monogamous and got an STD from a married woman, even had sex with two males in my younger days while stoned.

Later on I became a Yuppie complete with BMW, custom made clothes, private dance clubs, the first ever cell phones that hit the market that were as big as bricks and weighted as much. I wore a Rolex and had a big house. After a few years of that, we decided it was not us. We were simply playing a role. For me it was to get clients. I ended up quitting my job and took a very big salary cut to work at home where I could dress as I want and make my own hours. Being a hippie works best when you are young but you sometimes end up regretting it when you are wearing adult diapers and do not have enough money to retire until you are 80. Luckily I bailed out in time.

2 people like this.
  6. ahsorandy

ahsorandy Members

So, you want to be a hippie? :beatnik:

It'll be all... sex, drugs, and rock 'n' roll 24/7. :drummer: [​IMG]

One question. Where will the money come from to support this lifestyle? Are you independently wealthy? :rockon:

1 person likes this.
  7. unfocusedanakin

unfocusedanakin The Archaic Revival Lifetime Supporter

You would be called a "wook" now living like that. A lot of the long haired types I know work for themselves. Like one is a carpenter so no one drug tests him and he can do whatever he wants when he wants. In general the idea that one can just be high and fuck all day is understood to be impractical. We need to offer something to the community.

The life path you took is pretty common. Young in the 60's and by the 80's you have decided none of it works so you become very mainstream and have all the fancy cloths and houses. It's disappointing to younger people to have it all belittled. But I have a BMW too, I own a house that I bought in cash. Believe me things changed but they also did not change.

8. tommeem1

tommeem1 Members

Interesting. How did you manage to get such a upperclass lifestyle? Did you go to college and get a degree? Did you come from an already wealthy family that had connections?

I'm not a hippy, by any means. And I'm not planning on becoming one. Also, i never had a desire to be a hippy. Granted, most all hippies do look hot as all fuck, so I wonder how they manage to get so hot looking.

ANYWAYS,

... I am, however... a young adult that has dropped out of college, and is living somewhat of a poor, working class lifestyle. But, I do want when I get older to live an upperclass lifestyle. How the lily fuck do you do that? I know some people in their 30s and up... who are still working a minimum waged job, and their version of a good time is to get drugged up and/or drunk. Now, I have nothing against that. I just don't want to be or become one of those people when I'm in my 30s. I don't want to have to feel the need to do drugs to have a good time. I don't want to still be working a minimum waged job. I want to work less hours than I do now, and make more money.

Was it simply easier to get that type of lifestyle back then?

When I think of a hippy... I think of anyone that lives a poor or working class lifestyle BY CHOICE, because of course there are people who live this lifestyle simply because they're poor. They live in a car or tiny house. Or they couch hop. They don't have a lot of things, and they don't believe in materialism. They go from job to job. Sometimes these jobs help them travel. For example, an American girl who decids to travel to London as an au pair.

Communes make me think of cults. So, I don't think that a hippy essentially would be in a commune. But, I do see them doing sexual experimentation, drug experimentation, and overall living a natural lifestyle.

9. tommeem1

tommeem1 Members

HOW THE FUCK DID YOU DO THAT?

I swear to Gosh, if I end up being a 30 year working minimum wage... I'm going to kill myself.

I NEED to work less hours and make more money... when I'm older.

I don't even need to work for myself. I just need more money for less effort.

10. Logan 5

Logan 5 Confessed gynephile Lifetime Supporter

Well, you start by recognizing your needs- you want to be a hippy. Great!
    Now, you go on to the next step- just be yourself.
    Hippy is just a label. If you & I met I promise you, you'd never guess that I'm a hippy. But I am.
    Reminds me of one time a kid wanted to be a hippy, and a buddy of mine tore the label off of a can of soup, slapped it with his tongue and put it on the kids forehead telling him "Here ya go. Now you're a can of potato soup. It's the same thing. Just a label. What good is a label if you can't live it?