Who Says The Dumb Blonde Is A Myth? Lol

Discussion in 'People' started by Crystal_Nocked, Jun 24, 2017.

1. Rots in hell

Rots in hell Senior Member

Unless your really perfect you have no right to call anyone Dumb because of a physical feature
    Or for any reason other than acting that way TBH

1 person likes this.
  2. Rots in hell

Rots in hell Senior Member

http://youtu.be/T8sTqU1bsak

1 person likes this.
  3. pensfan13

pensfan13 Senior Member

Well this girl was acting it. But I don't think hair color has anything to do with it.
    I would just call her a moron. But not a blonde moron. I would never make fun of someone for something they can't help.

4. MeAgain

MeAgain Dazed & Confused Lifetime Supporter Super Moderator

The dumb blonde stereotype has a long history and has been perpetuated by some blondes and dyed blondes:

5. Moonglow181

Moonglow181 Lifetime Supporter Lifetime Supporter

Kelly Pickler may have been playing that dumb act, too....as I got the feeling she was playing it up on American idol. It was cute at first, and got people talking and remembering her, so she hamped it up even more week after week....the Lucille Ball character thing.....I have no way of knowing, as I never met her,...but that was my feeling......at the time.
    Jessica Simpson once admitted to playing the dumb act ......and her father came out and said she was very intelligent.

I can play dumb sometimes to avoid conflicts or something at times.....but I never go into the real dumb blonde role character for very long.

6. jpdonleavy

jpdonleavy Members

That is so sick - I can't believe she is real

However, if you watch YouTube vids on dumb people you'll find both male and female - blonde, brunette and redhead - cross section of the US population.

Outside the US, the majority of people in English-speaking countries and in Europe, China, Japan and S Korea will know the answer to simple geog questions. It's mainly a US phenomenon and it's the talk of the G-20 - tellya

7. jpdonleavy

jpdonleavy Members

it's hard to imagine you playing dumb but as to the rest of your post I hadn't thought of that

8. jpdonleavy

jpdonleavy Members

start one

9. jpdonleavy

jpdonleavy Members

It's actually very difficult for bright people to have any conception whatever of what goes on inside a stupid person's brain - seriously. Some unintelligent people think smart people are cruel, whereas (although presumably some are) they're just absolutely mystified.

1 person likes this.
  10. jpdonleavy

jpdonleavy Members

actually they rarely are these days because teachers can't take the hassles they get from parents - thus, even the person at the bottom of the class gets a medal (making them feel guilty because they KNOW they don't deserve it) and devaluing the whole concept of medals, gold stars etc for people who've earned them.

You get kudos by enduring blood, sweat and tears - always did, always will

just ask people who've been through basic training (as used to be the case for most people). Those 8-16 weeks are a life-changing event that signifivcantly improves their chances in life

11. jpdonleavy

jpdonleavy Members

perhaps that girl can be genteics-ally modified then - muah hahahahahahahaha

Actually, it never occurred to me that blondes were necessarily dumb even though I heard the phrase in my teens. I always thought that 'dumb' was randomly distributed and led to making bad choices, or was manufactured by blunt trauma of one kind or another or heavy duty intake of psychoactive preps

being whacked upside head (the derivation of the word 'whacky', (which has been corrupted by the hoi polloi into 'wacky')

I could go on (laughs hysterically)

Kilroy: JP is the founding member of the "put the 'h' back in whacky" foundation

12. Asmodean

Asmodean Slo motion rider

Phoebe on Friends was definitely not a typical dumb blonde. Rachel comes closer. Phoebe was real quirky though.

1 person likes this.
  13. Ged

Ged Tits and Thigh Man.

Yellow is the most innocent of colours

1 person likes this.
  14. guerillabedlam

guerillabedlam _|=|-|=|_

A Friends debate? OOO.

The person who played the 'dumbest' character on that show was definitely not a female. Joey was by far the dumbest character on there.

3 people like this.
  15. Asmodean

Yeah lol. That's out of the question. He was funny though :cheers2:

16. Candybuttons

Candybuttons Sweet Member

I don't recall any blonde men in TV/movies playing the dumb blonde role, but I do recall seeing blonde guys playing the Rich guy role, the stuck up, goodlooking, I'm a spoiled rich guy, jock!
    Actually, come to think of it, don't most jocks play the dumb role?

17. Candybuttons

Candybuttons Sweet Member

Why do redheads, usually kids and teens, play the mean role? There are so many movies where they have this not so attractive redhead playing the bully!
    Personally, in real life, I haven't noticed redheads being mean at all! They are hot tempered, but never mean in my experience.

18. Asmodean

Because they have no souls.

19. guerillabedlam

guerillabedlam _|=|-|=|_

This thread is making me realize how little tv I watch now. I'm trying to think of some of these stereotypes and tropes that are being asked about, on shows from this decade and I am realizing I can't even think of a sitcom from this decade I've really watched.

20. Meliai

Meliai Banned

Piper in Orange is the New Black

Not really a sitcom, but that's all I can think of right now

She's just kind of annoying but not stupid, her character was presented as smart and well read in season 1

Oh and there's that other Netflix show, Love..cant remember her name in Love but the same chick who played Britta in Community. She kinda has the Piper thing going on, where she's annoying and makes horrible life choices but isn't necessarily stupid