Those Lazy Hazy Crazy Days Of Summer 2017 - Recent Photos

Discussion in 'Random Thoughts' started by Lucy Goosey, Jun 22, 2017.

1. Lucy Goosey

Lucy Goosey Member

[SIZE=11pt]The first day of summer (well second, but I took this yesterday) and all I have to post is a picture of the goslings and not a good one at that. It's actually a screen cap. The goslings are starting to get the markings on their face. [/SIZE]The geese were nipping at the tall grass to get to the seed heads at the top. I couldn't tell at first what they were doing, with their heads bobbing up and down, until I zoomed in closer.

[​IMG]

8 people like this.
  2. expanse

expanse Supporters HipForums Supporter

I've posted pics of this view before, but I think it was during Spring or Fall.
    [​IMG]

9 people like this.
  3. SpacemanSpiff

SpacemanSpiff Visitor

crappy phone pic...she was too far away to get a good one

it a moose...shes been spotted with triplets which is fairly rare as they normally just have one or twins....couldnt see the littles they were probably laying down or already in the trees

moose.jpg

8 people like this.
  4. fundoo

fundoo Members

Oh I see it now!! Yeah, I know all about crappy phone pics. Actually, my phone camera was pretty good, but... well, let's just say my new one is better.

Guess I don't have any pics yet, because summer just started. Till next time!

1 person likes this.
  5. I'minmyunderwear

I'minmyunderwear Newbie

both these pics are about 3 weeks old, but i still think they perfectly represent the beginning of summer around here.

this picture is kind of a close-up, but believe me when i say that it accurately represents the entire surface of the house. luckily i live a bit off the lake so i don't really get much of it, but this was my friend's house less than a block from the water. sure sign of summer number 1:

[​IMG]

this one is actually pretty cool to see from the water, but i still hate it with a passion. it's the only way across the river for miles, and over the summer it is closed literally 1/3 of the time (it goes up for 10 minutes at a time, every half hour). incidentally, the black blob on the right side is my coworker towing my broken boat back to its dock.

[​IMG]

5 people like this.
  6. tumbling.dice

tumbling.dice Visitor

A ruby-throated hummingbird at my feeder. There will be a lot more of them around August, I hope to get a better video then. :)

https://youtu.be/mGG9OGBFfCc

4 people like this.
  7. Lucy Goosey

Lucy Goosey Member

Oh cool! I'm still waiting to see one here. Or more specifically, across the lake.

Jeez, they might as well just leave the dang thing up!

Ha, nice array of bugs. Here we get so many at times, you have to keep your mouth closed on the trails or you'll get a mouthful of them.They swarm right in front of your face.

You got a good shot there! So clear and perfectly audible.

8. Pressed_Rat

Pressed_Rat Do you even lift, bruh?

Just some music to go along with the images For some reason the vibe of this song captures summer perfectly.

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=-DkslcOhytU

9. Lucy Goosey

Lucy Goosey Member

We've had storms most of the day, but we had a brief respite in the evening. I got caught in a sun shower but it was a light rain. The sky was a beautiful blue and the clouds over the lake were especially fluffy.

[​IMG]

3 people like this.
  10. SpacemanSpiff

SpacemanSpiff Visitor

raining here today so im doing some inside work

i just took this picture about 20 minutes ago...then i wrestled the bastard out of there and its sitting on the floor until my back recovers

bike.jpg

1 person likes this.
  11. Meliai

Meliai Banned

https://www.************/rsrc.php/v3/y4/r/-PAXP-deijE.gif?[​IMG]

i'm really not the best photographer, but I do try

15 people like this.
  12. SpacemanSpiff

SpacemanSpiff Visitor

nice looking place but the water looks really dirty

2 people like this.
  13. Meliai

Meliai Banned

Yeah, it is actually pretty filthy, kinda sucks because all you wanna do there in the summer is wade in the water and you cant

It has been cleaned up a lot though, when I was a kid it had a horrible smell. Doesnt smell anymore at least, yay!

1 person likes this.
  14. Lucy Goosey

Lucy Goosey Member

Another (or maybe the same) squirrel hanging on by his hind legs while eating. So neat how they can hold on that way.

[​IMG]

This one has a rusty tinge to it. I wonder if it's part red squirrel. It's the only one here I've seen like that. It's grey squirrels we have here. When I was in Vancouver, it was all black squirrels.

[​IMG]

There was an adorable teeny young squirrel, I'll have to try get a picture next time. He's very skittish, he hasn't worked up the courage of the others to come out and get a peanut. Every time I threw one to him, he would run away. lol He did finally find one, and wolfed it down. After getting a taste of it, he came down from the tree a few times, just to the bottom (scampering right back up at the slightest of sound or motion) in hopes of finding another one. I think he did manage one or two more before I left.

6 people like this.
  15. newo

newo Lifetime Supporter Lifetime Supporter

Strawberry Mountain seen from Strawberry Lake, Eastern Oregon.

[​IMG]

And further up the trail, Strawberry Falls.

[​IMG]

9 people like this.
  16. Meliai

Meliai Banned

I really need to get out to Oregon one of these days. Beautiful. I might not leave, I might go live in the forest like that Mick Dodge guy

17. themnax

themnax Senior Member

i really need to live, in oregon, washington state or british columbia.
    i was in oregon for ten years, 77-87, but didn't have a pension,
    and couldn't find steady work for more then a few years at a time.

northern nevada might be alright if i had a car,
    if i could afford to not have to give up everything else i'm interested in
    just to have one. but forested mountains are my home.

i'm close to my northern sierras where i grew up in,
    but close is no sea-gar.

18. NoHobo

NoHobo Members

Oregon coast.

?[​IMG]
    [​IMG]
    [​IMG]

2 people like this.
  19. Lucy Goosey

Lucy Goosey Member

The flooding washed away so much land near shore, all the tree roots are exposed now that the water has receded.

[​IMG]

This little guy hasn't grown into his feet yet, they're huge!

[​IMG]

3 people like this.
  20. machinist

machinist Banned Lifetime Supporter

Donner Lake July 4th 2017

[​IMG]

2 people like this.