What You Have To Sign To Get A Dodge Demon.

Discussion in 'Science and Technology' started by Meagain, Jun 21, 2017.

1. MeAgain

MeAgain Dazed & Confused Lifetime Supporter Super Moderator

I thought this was interesting just sign and shell out $85,000 for 840 HP.[​IMG][​IMG]

1 person likes this.
  2. SpacemanSpiff

SpacemanSpiff Visitor

marketing gimmick to boost the egos of buyers by pretending their buying something dangerous and limited edition

2 people like this.
  3. unfocusedanakin

unfocusedanakin The Archaic Revival Lifetime Supporter

Was going to post the same thing. It makes the person feel special. Like they have a car that is almost now allowed on the street by getting them to initial common sense rules.

Dodge loves to say the car is "banned" from drag strips. Sure technically but that's because it does not have the proper safety equipment for how quick it can go which is easily installed. ANY car of that power will need that. But Dodge wants you to think the car is so fast no one wants to race it.

4. Tyrsonswood

Tyrsonswood Senior Moment Lifetime Supporter

Dodge says it will lift the front wheels... I want one.

5. SpacemanSpiff

SpacemanSpiff Visitor

saw a nice one yesterday

i think it was a 69 model

but...it was dodge

2 people like this.
  6. Scratched

Scratched Members

The '70 Challenger that was my first car was quick enough for me. 383 Magnum.

I can't imagine keeping 800+ horsepower on the road mashing the throttle. Crazy

7. MeAgain

I don't think they need a marketing gimmick.
    They're only building 3,300 units at a bargain price for what you get, and $6,140 of track options for an extra $1...I don't think they'll have any trouble selling out of these things.

I drove a car on the street that was putting out over 400 HP once and that was pretty extreme.
    800 HP on the street is definitely something potentially dangerous and limited.

Imagine some 16 year old kid or your grandmother hitting 60 mph in 2.3 seconds.

Here's an interesting video by some geek on how it does this.
    http://youtu.be/93MuL4lRrO8​

8. soulcompromise

soulcompromise Member HipForums Supporter

2.3 seconds is fast! I bet that'll wear out some tires, though I don't know jack about cars. My first car was an '86 Toyota Camry, and I've pretty much always driven similar sedans (I don't want to say what I drive right now because I value some anonymity). The only exception was a Dodge Caliber, and I crashed that. :)

9. Vanilla Gorilla

Vanilla Gorilla Go Ape

Late at night all systems go
    come to see the show
    We do our best, you're the rest
    You make it real you know
    There is a feeling deep inside
    That drives you fuckin' mad
    A feeling of a hammerhead
    You need it oh so bad
    Adrenaline starts to flow
    thrashing all around
    Acting like a maniac
    (Whiplash) yeah whiplash

1 person likes this.
  10. GLENGLEN

GLENGLEN Banned

A Later Model Toyota Camry Perhaps.......????.......[​IMG]

Cheers Glen.

2 people like this.
  11. soulcompromise

I did actually drive a later model Camry at one point, though I don't remember what year it was. But that car got into an accident too I believe, though the other driver was at fault if I remember correctly. I've gone through my fair share of sedans. I've also driven a Toyota Corolla, which looking back I think I liked better than the Camry, if only because it was a better color, lol.

12. MeAgain

I had two Corollas back in the 70's. Something like this.

[​IMG]
    They were the reason I never bought Toyotas again. The one would never start in cold weather, until I figured out how to install a 6 volt Chrysler coil in it.
    Both ran well but one of them had to have a new exhaust system installed every year as it was one continuous piece about ten feet long and would always crack no matter how many hangers I'd put on it.

Both of them rusted out. I jacked the one up one day and the front stayed on the floor and the back went up. The frame broke in two places, I had to weld it back together, low mileage when it happened. Same thing happened to the other one.

So I quite buying Toyotas, I know they're pretty good now, but expensive for what you get.

13. soulcompromise

I agree totally. The Chevy Cruz is about $17,000 brand new (not including tax) and it's an attractive car if you ask me. There's also the Dodge Dart ($17,000), or the Ford Fiesta (not my fave, but $14,000).

[​IMG]chevy cruz '17

[​IMG]Dodge Dart '17

[​IMG]Ford Fiesta '17

14. MeAgain

Yes expensive, especially used foreign cars.
    Way overpriced.

They hold their value, but who cares when you're out to get a good used car?

We bought a 2012 Chrysler 200 new with 1 mile on the odo for $20,000 and it was loaded with everything but GPS.
    Couldn't touch a comparable Toyota for that price.
    Almost 90,000 miles now and only bought tires and brakes so far (not even wiper blades, knock on wood).
    Everyone that rides in it comments on how nice it is.

My one son is a Ford Focus fanatic.

1 person likes this.
  15. Vanilla Gorilla

Vanilla Gorilla Go Ape

Whats the use of buying a modern day sports car kf it doesnt look all that different to every other car on the road.

Isnt there one car company thats going to be like, screw aerodynamics some punters are going to want a big boxy looking thing that looks like it owns the road

16. MeAgain

You mean like this?

[​IMG]

1 person likes this.
  17. unfocusedanakin

unfocusedanakin The Archaic Revival Lifetime Supporter

Cars do look different to car people. But the thing is everyone copies what sells for the other guy. So to the average person they probably see lots of similarities.

18. Vanilla Gorilla

Vanilla Gorilla Go Ape

Thats more like it.

19. soulcompromise

The Camry isn't too bad at $23,000. It's a cool car but if I were in the market for a new vehicle, and I had money to buy new, I would save the extra $6,000 and get a Dart or a Cruz, or something. Also, we don't buy new in my family. When you can get a great used car it's not as sensible.

20. tumbling.dice

tumbling.dice Visitor

When I was a kid I wanted one of these...hell, I still do!

[​IMG]