Crazy Stuff You Used To Believe As A Kid

Discussion in 'Weird, Bizarre and Mysterious' started by Adamskiffle, Jun 21, 2017.

1. Banned Drama Queen

Banned Drama Queen Idiot

I miss the little adventures we used to create in our own minds as kids...

2. tommeem1

tommeem1 Members

If I went to bed with my feet dirty... I'll have nightmares. But, my mom gave me that idea.

3. tommeem1

tommeem1 Members

More stuff I thought of...

- I thought the teletubbies were evil, and they would come out of the TV while everyone was asleep and steal little kids, bringing them back to their world.

- I used to pinch myself and when people asked, I told them it was because I wanted to make sure I wasn't asleep. Granted, that was a psychological issue rather than soomething I believed in.

- I thought my mom knew Freddy Krueger. I mainly thought this because I watched the movie with her when I was like eight or something. I even asked her. Of course, she said no. But, still.

4. NoxiousGas

NoxiousGas Old Fart

when I was little I thought that your poop was stored in your ass cheeks and if someone kicked you in the butt or you fell too hard you would poop your pants.

5. hotwater

hotwater Senior Member Lifetime Supporter

When my brother, sisters and I, were in the backseat of our family car and we drove past a cemetery
    you had to say Bunny Rabbit or it was 10 years bad luck

Hotwater

6. themnax

themnax Senior Member

i think the craziest thing i once believed, was that believing absolutely enough in anything, could alone make it so.
    i still believe how i look at and think about things sometimes makes very small changes in them.
    usually not however, in any intended direction, nor one based directly on perspective, or even its exact opposite.
    in real life this is usually more of a social phenomena rather then a physical one.
    but when i was little, i was for a time, convinced it was a totally physical real effect.

7. Eric!

Eric! Lifetime Supporter Lifetime Supporter

Along time ago, my parents told me something pretty erie. My parents just moved into an old apartment in Toledo, OH and one evening, after they had a bad argument, dad slept on the couch, mom slept in the bedroom. Later that night, my mom said she woke up and saw a ghost of a woman in a gown suspended in the air at the foot of her bed. Also the ghost had no head. She tried to scream for my dad for help, but couldn't project any words or volume, just a loud whisper. The ghost disappeared, mom got her voice back, then told my dad what had happened. The next day, they talked to the property manager and found out that the previous occupant was a woman that committed suicide by hanging herself in her wedding gown. She had a bad fight with her fiancé, they broke up, and she then killed herself. My parents didnt spend another night there!

1 person likes this.
  8. Banned Drama Queen

Banned Drama Queen Idiot

That is really creepy... gave me chills when I read it earlier and even moreso now that it's 10 o'clock at night and I'm all alone lol... funny how that happens... ghosts tend to freak me out more than people

9. Eric!

Eric! Lifetime Supporter Lifetime Supporter

Sorry about that bro. Imagine being told that story when you are 7 years old. That story creeped me out for a long time. I'm not sure why people are out there trying to find all this creepy stuff, it frickin EXISTS! I have no curiosity to mess with the dead, not one bit. I don't mess with palm reading, ouija boards, etc., none of it!! I just want to be left the hell alone by ghosts.

1 person likes this.
  10. Banned Drama Queen

Banned Drama Queen Idiot

I don't mess with that shit either lol... because if you happen to mess with something and then can't get rid of it... yeah, I'm not about to try to mess around with the undead... I have gotten good vibes from unexplainable things before, felt more spiritual than anything but nothing dark or ghostly... nooo

1 person likes this.
  11. Noserider

Noserider Goofy-Footed Member

I apologize in advance to any Asian members here, but when I was little I thought you were all born knowing martial arts. I thought it was genetic or something.

Pete's Draggin' likes this.
  12. Ged

Ged Tits and Thigh Man.

That little people entered the TV at night.

That in the future there would be a tap just for Coca-Cola.

That I would grow up to be an architect. (I'm still designing my own house, just for fun.)

13. relaxxx

relaxxx Senior Member

God, God was the craziest thing I ever believed.

scratcho likes this.
  14. SpacemanSpiff

SpacemanSpiff Visitor

i thought the world was so big

15. expanse

expanse Supporters HipForums Supporter

I used to believe there was one specific way to do everything.

I used to believe that eating spinach would make me very strong.

16. Peaceful_LotusFlower

Peaceful_LotusFlower Member

As a kid I truly believed there was a place called care a lot. Often times I would stare up in the clouds and see if the care bears were driving around in their clouded car.

Care Bears is very important to me since I've gotten older. My imagination was very very big when I was younger and I find myself daydreaming a lot still to this day. :)

1 person likes this.
  17. Mister Liam

Mister Liam An Old Mister

As a kid I had, still do have, an incredibly active imagination. I believed in all sorts of crazy things. The difference now, as an adult, I understand the difference between fantasy/imagination and reality.

18. Rots in hell

Rots in hell Senior Member

Try Flying to China !
    I used to think the world was Small until I traveled to Spain on a Bus

1 person likes this.
  19. Deidre

Deidre Visitor

That you can get struck by lightning in the shower if you're taking a shower during a thunderstorm. I kinda still think this. :unsure:

20. Noserider

Noserider Goofy-Footed Member

That's not true?

Sorry if that's a dumb question.