Boris Becker Declared Bankrupt.

Discussion in 'People' started by Gangster Guru, Jun 21, 2017.

1. Ged

Ged Tits and Thigh Man.

Former professional tennis player Boris Becker has been declared bankrupt. I always liked him as being one of the most down to Earth players. Sorry I can't post a link from my tablet. But I wonder where all that money went? I've somewhat got respect for people who blow their fortunes. Kinda shows they were living for the moment.

2. Crystal_Nocked

Crystal_Nocked Members

Yeah but you gotta remember that back in his day, even the top flight tennis stars didn't make the kind of benjamins they do today. Mainly because the endorsement game was not as profitable. And with individual sports like Tennis and golf, and Track too, endorsements are everything. I also think that tournament purses back in Becker's day were probably about one-third of what they are now. You also need to recall that it's been awhile for Becker, eh? I mean, like, wasn't he in his prime about 30 years ago?

3. Crystal_Nocked

Crystal_Nocked Members

But...speaking of WTF? for big stars declaring bankruptcy, what's the deal with Mr. Depp? I just recently read that HE is broke and in severe debt. Forced to sell of personal posessions. Now THAT's a head-scratcher! Somebody who pulls in over $10 million for a movie? This is one I cannot figure out. But Becker, as well as any athlete who was in his salad days more than a couple decades ago? Meh....I can see it happening. Especially when they get too used to living large and they suck at money management. And their posses get too big. (all those peeps gotta get paid, right? LOL)

Cheers.

4. Vanilla Gorilla

Vanilla Gorilla Go Ape

Was just about to mention Depp

Boom Boom Becker would have been in the at least $50 million in assets range shortly after tennis.

Idiots both of them

5. I'minmyunderwear

I'minmyunderwear Newbie

if you actually have a fortune, you should be able to live in the moment and still save enough to live the rest of your life on. for fuck's sake, i live in the moment and i don't make shit, and i still haven't gone bankrupt.

6. SpacemanSpiff

SpacemanSpiff Visitor

pretty sure depps money went to booze and cocaine