American Gods

Discussion in 'TV' started by abarambling, Jun 19, 2017.

1. abarambling

abarambling Banned

Have you watched this show? Do you like it, if so why? Dislike it, if so why?

The first two episodes were kind of boring for me, but I got into the show by the third episode. It's hard for me to love a show. I just like a lot of shows, and I like this one.

The title is kind of weird, mainly because it's about all Gods, not just American Gods. Do American Gods even exist? I don't know. I think that's too much thinking for just a show.

I do like that it's base on a book by one of my favorite authors; Neil Gaimen. Normally, I like shows that are base on books or comics. And I mostly watch shows that are base on fantasy, so this show is right up my alley.

I already hate a character, which is Laura. I know that when she was alive she was depressed, so that's why she did everything she did. But, what irks me is that if this was anyone else, they would have gone into the 'darkness', but she got lucky with the coin. That's so not fair. That just gets under my skin, because of my belief that life hates me, and that some people are luckier than others. Since she has risen from the dead... she has done some good, which is save Shadow's life. But, she still has no remorse for what she did. She still acts like a bitch, lol. And I don't really believe she loves Shadow. I think she just 'loves' him now because she needs him. She is using him, and he lets her because he loves her and she is hot, lol. She doesn't even care about being hot either. This girl does not care about anything or anyone, lol.

I don't know, I'm only like on the fifth or sixth eipsode, so maybe I might like her later on.

Oh, and another thing. Everytime she says, "Puppy". It sounds like "Papi". Either she doesn't know how to enunciate, I'm not listening correctly, or the show made her say it like that.

2. Ged

Ged Tits and Thigh Man.

Yeah I'm watching it. It's ridiculous, in a way, but a well-realized fantasy. I'm on episode 7. I also heard "Puppy" as "Papi". I like the little subplots and vignettes that I presume will tie it all together as the story unfolds.

The actor who plays Wednesday is Ian McShane. He's quite well known in Britain, and I'm pleased for him getting this big role.

Laura is a bit of a cow, I agree.

3. Ged

Ged Tits and Thigh Man.

I was going to watch another episode tonight, but I'm not sure if I have enough energy to suspend my disbelief after such a scorching day.

I like this show though. It's good escapism and the special effects are pretty good.

Laura is pretty hot, but her tendency to getting ripped up into pieces is a bit of a turn off.

4. Irminsul

Irminsul Valkyrie

I read the book years and years ago and I really enjoyed it so I'm a little... hesitant on watching a tv series about it.

I'm a huge Gaiman fan and his books to be always had a very dark ambient feel towards them that 99.9% of television fail to encompass or grasp. I think only really the movie Valhalla captures this dark ambience.

Anyway, I read American Gods in a mood where everything was grey that's what it felt like, that it was all grey and cold in background. Atmosphere etc. etc. depressing in a way, but unlike some of his other work.

I'll probably watch this after it's said and done.

I probably cannot hate on Laura though as that's my partners name IRL and you can't tempt me to ever feel ill with that woman, even if it's not her and in a fantasy world lol. Nope. Won't happen. Take it back!

5. Ged

Ged Tits and Thigh Man.

I haven't read the book. Hadn't ever heard of it or the author. Just discovered it by accident when I signed up for Amazon Prime Video.

6. Irminsul

Irminsul Valkyrie

If you've got time you should read a couple of his books. He also does short stories in case you can't find time to read. He's just very imaginative.

I can't remember the title but the one about running under the sewer systems in England was pretty fun and I find, he likes to use a lot of grammatical pauses, kinda like me, maybe even... maybe even I based my writing approach off him.. in a way, maybe.

7. Ged

Ged Tits and Thigh Man.

I'm sorry Irminsul. I'm aware that your partner's name is Laura from reading your posts and the fact did pop into my head briefly as I was posting. Don't mind me, I remember everything. Anyway I quite like Laura in a way, as difficult Women are my specialty.

8. abarambling

abarambling Banned

Aw, I know your Laura is an epically awesome Laura. I would never say otherwise.

It's just this Laura does my tits in, lol. She is so frustrating. I do think I would like her better if she got with the leprechaun, though. Their chemtrisy makes me like her more, because they are pretty much in the same wavelength.

I never read the book that this show is based off of, because the title was weird to me. But, I have read other books from him. So, I too... like his writing style, and just his mind overall.

9. abarambling

abarambling Banned

I wanted to ask something, but I was in a rush earlier... so as I was posting the above comment I totally forgot to ask this.

ANYWAYS...

Do you think the male penises show on the show are real? I know that sounds like a weird question. But, I read in an article that a lot of these male penises that are shown on movies and shows are actually fakes. Here is this show or movie acting like they're being forward with equality because they show both female breasts and males penises, but the penises are not real. The females breasts are, though.

10. Irminsul

Irminsul Valkyrie

I guess the South American continent had their own gods with the Aztecs and all that. Though I don't remember reading about them in the book and mainland USA has the Indian gods and things. I'm sure canadia has a god somewhere.

11. Ged

Ged Tits and Thigh Man.

I don't know. One prick's as good as another.

12. abarambling

abarambling Banned

Not fake ones.

The Jin's penis was huge. I'm spoiling because I know you already watched that episode. If his penis is real, damn.

13. abarambling

abarambling Banned

I do understand that American people or people coming to America believe in some form of God. So, I think that's why he named it, "American Gods" because it's people in America that believe in all these Gods.

14. tommeem1

tommeem1 Members

It's me aoabai!

Anyways, so... in episode 7 was that a dead baby being hauled away on the boat?

15. tommeem1

tommeem1 Members

So, let me get this straight...

... if you have sex you get closer, if not are with God. Or your God.

Am I understanding this, correctly?

There is a lot of sex in this show, considering it's about Gods. Just saying. It's weird.

GeorgeJetStoned likes this.