Was This A Random Attack, Or The Start Of Something In The Uk?

Discussion in 'U.K.' started by morrow, Jun 19, 2017.

1. morrow

morrow Visitor

2. GLENGLEN

GLENGLEN Banned

I Call "Random"..... The British As I Know Them Do Not Have That Mindset..... :)

Cheers Glen.

1 person likes this.
  3. tumbling.dice

tumbling.dice Visitor

Hopefully random, but I imagine people are starting to feel frustrated. If they feel their leaders aren't or can't protect them then sooner or later someone will take matters into their own hands.

1 person likes this.
  4. Asmodean

Asmodean Slo motion rider

'We' and 'ourselves'? Just because its a native non muslim targeting muslims this time? We (and i mean all kinds of normal people here) are all in this together. I rather identify with the victims here than the culprit.

1 person likes this.
  5. Vanilla Gorilla

Vanilla Gorilla Go Ape

This one will give you an indication of the implicit racism that exists everywhere, its not going to get as much attention as the London Bridge or Manchester attacks, there wont be a rememberance service 10 years from now

Lots of rhetoric I'm sure in the next couples days, but no one thinks its the same playing field

Lots of people pretending they think its the same thing, but only pretending

I ask both of you:

In ten years, if I ask you about the Manchester Arena bombing, will you remember? Yes
    In ten years, if I ask you about the Finsbury Park attack, are you going to know what I am talking about without having to google it?

I already know the answer

1 person likes this.
  6. GayOldBoy

GayOldBoy Member

Here we go again!

So now some idiot has ploughed a van into a group of muslims at a mosque. I can fully understand and sympathise with anyone with a grievance against those who commit terror attacks upon innocent people, but this is NOT the way to go about solving the problem of such terror attacks!

All THIS is going to do is stir up more hatred and negative behaviour toward all racial and religious communities. PLEASE... let us not go down this road. None of us wants to live in fear of whatever variety or cause, but that's exactly what is going to happen if our communities do not come together to root out those who endanger every single one of us.

If you personally know of anyone who is a possible risk to any other community, different to your own or otherwise, I would strongly urge you to report those people to the relevant authorities, and hopefully help us all to live more peaceful and secure lives. ONLY THOSE WHO KNOW, CAN HELP THE REST OF US!

1 person likes this.
  7. Asmodean

I probably and may hope both are forgotten after 10 years. Just like with those attacks in France and Germany, if there are a bunch and I'm not personally involved they become one vague thing.
    But I know what you mean and you may be right that one happening will be remembered more than the other. It's not because of racist tendencies/mindsets though.

8. Ged

Ged Tits and Thigh Man.

I fear these attacks will become the norm. We will have constant reminders of the animosity Islam has for Western democracy, and counter reaction from the extreme right. There doesn't seem to be a resolution on the horizon. What we need is conversation and mutual understanding.

9. morrow

morrow Visitor

You could be right Ged, although I hope not.

Went to the seaside at the weekend, put some juice, snacks, towel etc in my rucksack.. the little one asked if it was a good idea?! I mean, where did she get that from? It's scary to think this is creating a fear in the little people, some it never goes away ...

10. Asmodean

Do we need captain Obvious in here to point out these terrorist attacks have very little to do with mainstream islam's animosity against western democracy?

These kind of violent happenings come from extremists. Just like people here like to portray it as if all muslim immigrants and islam as a whole are the cause and problem so will IS portray this happening as an western attack on muslims, not as an action of an extreme right minority, and use it as validation for their own actions. This attack suits them greatly, the nitwits who carried it out as some kind of retaliation are in fact helping them. Both extremist sides thrive by this shit

Probably just from the news and people talking about the news.

11. Ged

Ged Tits and Thigh Man.

I disagree. So please explain your opinion. Enlighten me as to the reason why?

12. Asmodean

I edited the post. Hope it helps. But i don't see what's there to explain. Maybe you should explain why it is clear to you these attacks say more about mainstream islam and its problem with western democracy than a bunch of extremists (extreme right and fundamentalist islam) ruining it for everybody (both muslims and non muslims, both brits and non brits)

13. Ged

Ged Tits and Thigh Man.

Okay I get your points. I have no axe to grind. I largely agree with your refinement of this dichotomy.

14. Vanilla Gorilla

Vanilla Gorilla Go Ape

Look how its being handled in the media, everyone jumps to, oh it must be about recent frustrations......that is, it still ends up being muslims fault, cant be our fault

Look at this story:

http://www.news.com.au/world/europe/imam-hailed-as-hero-for-calming-crowd-and-defending-attacker/news-story/46343335fba56ca4f5a6ba5ab7bd04f8

to see a double standard

Imagine if it was reversed, an anglican priest trying to save the life of a libyan immigrant that just purposedly ran down a group of brits. would he be "hailed as a hero"?

1 person likes this.
  15. BlackBillBlake

BlackBillBlake resigned HipForums Supporter

'We' and 'Ourselves' are both misplaced. Whoever did this attack doesn't represent me in any way, no more than the Jihad crew. Nor do they represent most people in the UK who I'm sure find this abhorrent.

There are extremist nut cases in all countries and on all 'sides'

1 person likes this.
  16. autophobe2e

autophobe2e Senior Member

Actually, probably?

Assuming that it made the news at all, neither fitting nor transgressing any mainstream media narrative it's unlikely to gain much traction.

London's having a pretty shitty time at present. Also, it's hot as fuck on the tube.

17. autophobe2e

Best quote ever:

Another neighbour said: ‘He had lived on the estate for a few years. He’s always been a complete **** but this is really surprising.’

18. Vanilla Gorilla

Vanilla Gorilla Go Ape

By hot as fuck, you mean above 20 degrees celcius ;)

1 person likes this.
  19. autophobe2e

A true Londoner would rather face a prolonged bombing campaign than have to arrive at work with someone else's armpit sweat on their face.

20. I don't know but people look to the British for sensibility...if ya'all start losing your minds it's gonna be bad news for the world.