Interesting Being A Father And Not Celebrating Father's Day

Discussion in 'Random Thoughts' started by thefutureawaits, Jun 18, 2017.

1. Rots in hell

Rots in hell Senior Member

I try !
    Dont think it was his fault though All dads and teachers were Shite in those days

2 people like this.
  2. morrow

morrow Visitor

You were not a bad dad mally, and you sure are one of the best granddad's in the world.. <33333

3. Crystal_Nocked

Crystal_Nocked Members

Sorry you had a shitty childhood, mate.

And, yeah, Father's Day IS another of the newer, made-up by Hallmark holidays. It's only been around for about thirty years. Mother's Day is the original parental Day of Remembrance, of course, and has been around for twice as long.

And, no...nobody expects somebody to thank their Father if he was a total douche bag. As it sounds like yours was. Those wankers, in my mind, are not even deserving of the title of Father. They're just some blokes who happened to produce progeny, and then had no clue..or not enough integrity, to take care of them properly.

I've always said that people should have to pass a test before they're allowed to be parents. LOL. At first, years ago, when I said this I was half-joking. But now. after hearing and seeing so many tales of kids enduring terrible childhoods, I am not so sure that it wouldn't be a good idea. Of course it will never come about...it would be an impossible law to enforce. Dirt-bags would just ignore it. Just like we have Illegal Aliens (a euphenism for "criminal" btw) who ignore citizenship requirements, thus thumbing their noses at the laws of the Nation they are in effect illegally invading.

Cheers.

4. Aerianne

Aerianne Lifetime Supporter Lifetime Supporter

You don't recognize birthdays or holidays, do you?

5. deleted

deleted Visitor

Jehovah really dont give a shit...

1 person likes this.
  6. Irminsul

Irminsul Valkyrie

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=UHOwurS8Vn8

I have no idea what the first part of this is, fuck off ghetto boy :D

This song was released on Fathers Day for one of the clown Fathers. :D

I'd feel pretty low if it was directed at me.

7. Vanilla Gorilla

Vanilla Gorilla Go Ape

They were always no talent tryhards

8. Irminsul

Irminsul Valkyrie

That's what's even more insulting. :D

9. Vanilla Gorilla

Vanilla Gorilla Go Ape

How old are you now

Time to get over it though, its a waste of time staying angry, especially now you are a dad

10. morrow

morrow Visitor

It's yet another family day.. how can that be a bad thing?

1 person likes this.
  11. Irminsul

Irminsul Valkyrie

Because all the hardware stores are full of idiots! :D idiot dads with their no good projects.

12. rollingalong

rollingalong Banned

who cares who started the holiday...not me.....there is no rule saying we can only honor holidays that were here when our ancestors were here...that's lame....do you still wear those pilgrim shoes with the big buckle too?

I would like to see somewhere in this century where a parent made a child sleep on stones....too funny

I think bam bam had a bed of stone...that barney rubble was a bad dad I spose

13. YouFreeMe

YouFreeMe Visitor

Yikes, OP. It's just another silly little holiday, like Valentines or Halloween. Do you get upset about those holidays as well?

1 person likes this.
  14. thefutureawaits

thefutureawaits Members

No. Just wedding anniversary and the memorial of Jesus

1 person likes this.
  15. Moonglow181

Moonglow181 Lifetime Supporter Lifetime Supporter

For father's day this year, I will remember this story that was on the news....:(

As a child, I handpainted cards for my Father and Mother and stuff....but I was good to them every day, so as I got older.....Mother's Day and father's day were never one separate day only. My father was always good to me....He loved me.

Baby assaulted on Father’s Day suffered skull fractures, is in critical condition
    Posted 6:56 AM, June 20, 2017, by Ashley Soley-Cerro and Anthony DiLorenzo, Updated at 05:47PM, June 20, 2017

CONEY ISLAND, Brooklyn — A father remains in custody Tuesday after allegedly assaulting his 16-month-old daughter on Father's Day, leaving her critically injured and suffering skull fractures, and attacking the baby's mother.
    Shaquan Taylor, who turned 19 on Tuesday, is accused of going on the attack at a Coney Island apartment Sunday.
    The teenage father was watching his daughter, Nylah Lewis, when the girl's mother arrived and noticed the sleeping baby was struggling to breathe and had bruising on her face, police said.
    The mother, Tammy Lewis, 17, then attempted to leave the apartment with Nylah when Taylor allegedly punched her in the face.
    A friend was able to take the child as Taylor continued to assault the mother, police said.
    Nylah Lewis was hospitalized with two skull fractures, and bruising on her face and legs, police said. She is in critical condition.
    Taylor was arrested Sunday. He faces a second-degree felony assault charge, and his bail is set at $250,000, or $500,000 bond.
    Taylor has five previous arrests, including one in 2015 in which he was charged with sexual misconduct because his then-girlfriend, Lewis, was only 14 at the time, the Daily News reports.
    Two months after Nylah was born in 2016, Taylor was arrested for harassing Lewis, police sources told the newspaper.
    The judge who issued an order of protection against Taylor on behalf of Lewis and their daughter in that case, presided over his arraignment on Monday, the Daily News reports. It is unclear why Taylor has access to Nylah Lewis on Sunday.
    During the arraignment, prosecutors said they feared the little girl would not survive her injuries.
    Last Feb. 16, when her daughter turned one, Tammy Lewis reminisced on Facebook about her first days as a mother.
    "You're one of the best things that ever happened to me Nylah," Lewis wrote, "I'll go above and beyond for you."
    The teenage mother said she was criticized for having a child at such a young age but vowed to persevere.
    "I knew I was gonna be a great mother to you and finish school," she said, adding, "you motivate me to go harder each and everyday and I swear you (sic) gonna have the best life ever."​

Related stories

16. thefutureawaits

thefutureawaits Members

No, not upset, just inquisitive of the origins of these holidays that the masses celebrate without even knowing what they are celebrating. Just like eating candy out of the gutter.

17. YouFreeMe

YouFreeMe Visitor

I am sure that fathers day, in some form, has been celebrated for many many years. The origin of fathers day as a national holiday is to generate money for greeting card companies and necktie manufacturers. And you know, some people just like a special day.