7% Of Americans Think Chocolate Milk Comes From Brown Cows

Discussion in 'Random Thoughts' started by Vanilla Gorilla, Jun 16, 2017.

1. Vanilla Gorilla

Vanilla Gorilla Go Ape

2. Irminsul

Irminsul Valkyrie

Did, did they just assume that cows race?!?!?

Wh wha wha what WHUT!

4 people like this.
  3. Ged

Ged Tits and Thigh Man.

7 percent of cows think Americans come from Uranus

2 people like this.
  4. YouFreeMe

YouFreeMe Visitor

Yikes. This little factoid was equally embaressing:
    " One Department of Agriculture study, commissioned in the early ’90s, found that nearly 1 in 5 adults did not know that hamburgers are made from beef. "

No wonder so many folks eat whatever garbage is plastic wrapped on their local grocery shelves. They have no idea what they are eating or where it comes from. No excuse for that in the internet age.

5. Asmodean

Asmodean Slo motion rider

I already heard this in the 90s.

1 person likes this.
  6. themnax

themnax Senior Member

this is what happens when you have a culture that teaches people to hate logic and trust things that wish to be feared instead.
    tyranny also happens in such a culture, as of course does denial of the slavery of indenture from using credit.
    all sorts of really crazy things, that people don't notice or realize, because everyone they know, believes the same things, or acts like they do.

(like the 'freedom' of having a car, payed for by more hours of enslavement then it would take to wait for a bus)

if even a simply majority looked beyond what they might be able to grab for themselves, what an amazingly more wonderful world we could live in.
    even how those two things are connected is of course unobvious in such a culture.

well, anyone CAN call themselves a bowl of oatmeal too,
    they just look really silly sitting on the kitchen table with milk on their heads.

well 7 percent means there are 93 percent who know better, so of course its not all ignorance,
    but that its even that popular, is not so much gosh wow, as something that can and does mess things up.

1 person likes this.
  7. Vanilla Gorilla

Vanilla Gorilla Go Ape

There was a girl on UK big brother I think it was, that thought the Sun and the Moon were the same thing

Some times society isnt to blame, sometimes people are just that dumb, or lazy mentally

Lynnbrown likes this.
  8. themnax

themnax Senior Member

well its not a matter of blame exactly, but cultural factors DO encourage mental laziness,
    unintentionally for the most part, but they do,
    especially beliefs that tell you you don't have to learn anything because they tell you all you need to know.

9. jpdonleavy

jpdonleavy Members

10. Eavesdrop

Eavesdrop Member

When I was 20 my brother told me that how air conditioning units work is that there are real ice cubes packed inside of them and how I found out he was lying was when I asked my mother how the ice keeps from melting while the air conditioner is turned off.

1 person likes this.
  11. I'minmyunderwear

I'minmyunderwear Newbie

i think 7% of people just trolled this study. i know if someone sent me a survey and one of the questions was "does chocolate milk come from brown cows" i would be pretty tempted to answer that it does.

6 people like this.
  12. FritzDaKatx2

FritzDaKatx2 Vinegar Taster

13. unfocusedanakin

unfocusedanakin The Archaic Revival Lifetime Supporter

There really is a disdain for education in this country. It reminds me of a bunch of children who make fun of the "nerd" in class. He is not cool because he knows stuff, why know stuff when playing on the playground is cooler? Homework is hard for me so I dislike you because you like it. God tells me everything I need to know. It goes back to our puritan roots. Like always science and new information is a contradiction to book of fables written during a time when people did not understand where the sun went at night. The rest of the world has moved on and we are still 7 years old.

14. hotwater

hotwater Senior Member Lifetime Supporter

That’s nothing 10% of Americans believe cow tipping is a 15% tax on milk

Hotwater

2 people like this.
  15. pensfan13

pensfan13 Senior Member

Maybe 7% are bored and decided to have fun with surveyors.

16. Crystal_Nocked

Crystal_Nocked Members

Yeah....but fully 80% of Americans believe in Heaven and a personal, caring, omniscient god up in the sky who watches over them and listens to their prayers and not only gives a shit about them...but loves them!

I find this stat far, far more disturbing than the brown cow bit.

Cheers.

1 person likes this.
  17. pensfan13

pensfan13 Senior Member

Nobody asked me if I believe in heaven.

18. hotwater

hotwater Senior Member Lifetime Supporter

That's tame compared to some beliefs

[​IMG]

19. MeAgain

MeAgain Dazed & Confused Lifetime Supporter Super Moderator

We had one of those in the 60's.
    It was an after market deal that you plugged into your cigarette lighter and filled with ice cubes. The unit sat on the floor under the dash and the 12 volts from the lighter socket powered a fan which blew air over the cubes.

Probably came from J.C. Whitney.

Here's a modern DIY version:
    [​IMG]

2 people like this.
  20. themnax

themnax Senior Member

its not so bad to believe anything you can imagine is possible, its when they believe the only things possible are the ones someone else imagined a long time ago,
    and only the ones they wrote down in THEIR book.
    and then to believe ONLY this, more then what endless numbers of people are continually observing, even themselves right it front of them.

i can observe what i call a universal sense of wonder, and there's no reason something like a god couldn't have something to do with it,
    though there's equally no reason one would have to.

its the problem with the idea of things HAVING to be only one particular way,
    that is supported by little if anything, other then the popularity of a shared speculation.

it gets even worse of course, when people hate each other for simply giving the same ideas different names and looking at them from a different angle.
    often not a very different one at that.

this idea of demonic is what bugs me about it. the idea that anything that doesn't support one particular invisible hierarchy, that my vary well be not a hierarchy at all,
    is somehow the worse thing that could possibly be, when there are observable things, the very results of hatred and thoughtlessness itself, that are observably, limitlessly worse.