What Is Your Mental Illness

Discussion in 'Mental Health' started by abarambling, Jun 15, 2017.

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.
  1. GLENGLEN

GLENGLEN Banned

Welcome Back.....Tis Always Good To Hear From You...... Get Well Soon...... :)

Cheers Glen.

1 person likes this.
  2. abarambling

abarambling Banned

Exactly. especially on this thread because people are talking about something that is really heavy. But, I'm not going to lie... I did smile a little because he was posting a lot to me, and I was just like, "Can someone make him stop? Anyone! I just see thumbleweeds. I know you guys see these posts" Lol!

I always make humor out of distressful situations. Sorry. Shutting up now.

3. Irminsul

Irminsul Valkyrie

Feels like I'm stalking but boy! Girl! You remind me of me soo much it isn't funny lol.

Now when I said we'd finally gotten some good posting people lately I meant since I joined 7 years ago and I meant you were the good one because well, if I'm sliced bread then you're the next best thing. Or something. :D

Together we can be sliced bread WITH butter!!

1 person likes this.
  4. abarambling

abarambling Banned

I'm not going to lie, it's hard because sometimes people can be so headstrong with their view of beauty being on the inside

I feel like the average person has these views;
    - Beauty is on the inside.
    - You are the only master of your life, so basically if bad things keep happening to you... it's because of you. It can't be because of someone or something else.
    - Suicide is wrong. It doesn't matter whether or not the person thinks it's a sin. They just thinks it's wrong.
    - Never try to fit in, there is no such thing as normal, don't be a follower, etc.

And then here comes along me... who thinks the complete opposite of these things.

It tends to not go so well, because people love their views.

I try to be an understanding person. Views come from experiences. So, to put it simply... my experiences are different than the average person, so obviously my views will be different. And I don't mean 'different' in the sense of "no one ever understands me. Woe is me. I'm so abnormal, and everyone else is normal" kind of way. I mean it like... it's hard to explain. Okay, I've mentioned this a bunch of times before, but I've been going to forums since I was ten. And I've been the same kind of poster since I started, which is the one that gives a lot of information about my personal life. I wish I was another type of poster, particularly the ones that keep to themselves and are still a mystery, even though they have been posting on the same forum for like ten years. But, I am who I am. Anyways, in all the forums that I have been on... I've gotten people who are mean to me simply because they don't believe me. They just can't believe someone can have such a horrible life, because that just doesn't happen normally. And it doesn't. Life is hard for everyone. But, it's not horrible for everyone. It's not horrible for the average person. But, here I am... with a horrible life. That fucks with someone's views, beliefs, even. So, I understand. I don't agree with it. I probably never will. But, I understand. I just wish people wouldn't fight with me, just because their views are being tested. My views are being tested too, ever consider that?

5. abarambling

abarambling Banned

I prefer vegan butter. I'm not straight up vegan, but sometimes I prefer the vegan option over the vegetarian option. Butter is one of those things.

6. fundoo

fundoo Members

I totally lost my place, but I had to write something to this whist I'm thinking of it.
    While you have a point that the majority of people won't notice us or me, (and i really must start mulling over this fact that i am forgettable and most folks wont care to remember me. Ahhh, sigh) but, well, I've gotta say that I notice people after some time and I think some notice me. Like i don't ignore the fact that there is a real person on the other side of the screen and so i really try to keep it real. And I may not literally say all of the same things (Ha! Although I have been surprised to notice that I often do actually say some things...now maybe. :p) but while I may not say the same, in real life you would have my gestures. In this case, slowing tone of voice, hesitation and me pausing to think and decide if I really want to say something. I try to imagine other folks this way....but on the other hand, I'll never really know for sure...or if I even want to. Ha! But with the risk of sounding creepy (I hope folks don't think I am), well I kinda notice you, yourself. I dk much about you, but I remember your name! :)

-----
    Ok, kinda want to catch up with this thread, but I dk if I will be able to. :p

7. Aerianne

Aerianne Lifetime Supporter Lifetime Supporter

Moderators don't always catch everything.

Use the report button, pls.

8. abarambling

abarambling Banned

Does it really work?

I've been to so many forums where that report button gets you in MORE TROUBLE.

In one fucking forum the moderators thought it would be fucking funny to make public EVERYONE'S private messages for a day.

9. GLENGLEN

GLENGLEN Banned

On Hip Forums...?? ....Yes It Does Work.....Respect The Mods.....And They Will In Turn Respect You.... :)

Cheers Glen.

10. abarambling

abarambling Banned

I remembered you. But, if we don't have frequent encounters... I'll forget you, unless you screw me over... then I will never, EVER forget you. Okay, maybe I still might. I have a horrible memory. My spine is crushing the lower half of my brain. I need surgery, but I keep putting it off, because it's fucking BRAIN SURGERY, and no, I'm not ready for that shit. And long story short... it affects my memory.

I overshare, I think. I don't really care, though. I don't know why, actually. You would think I would have secrets. Most people do. I guess I don't care because it's too much work to care, and have secrets. And I'm too lazy for that. Or just don't care enough to do that. I do have ONE SECRET, though. And normally when asked about it, I just lie, both in person and online. But, it's nothing major. Like I'm actually a man, catfishing as a woman. I just have this one secret, this one lie... that I can't seem to disclose. But, I'm honest about that. And it doesn't take a lot of time and effort to keep personal, so my lazy self doesn't have to do too much work.

I've had some people on different forums use the information that I have disclosed against me. For example, my photo. I have a medical condition that has caused facial deformities, so a lot of people over the Internet have used it against me. And I kind of had one member from here, use some personal information against me, but I'm still trying to give them the benefit of the doubt. So, I still believe that they just didn't know better, and did it by mistake. So, yea... being someone that shares isn't great, and I wish I was more like people like yourself. You guys have a modesty to you. Purity, is probably a better word, because you're not sharing with everyone that you meet. There are some people who have HUGE BURDENS that they never share with anyone. That takes a lot of modesty, purity, and just overall stenegth. I would be too tired.

11. abarambling

abarambling Banned

Don't tell me to respect the moderators. I've always done that. Thank you very much. *flips hair and hits you in the face*

Wait, are you a moderator?

See what I did there?

Lol!

I kill me!

But, really... are you telling me this because you think I disrespect moderators? My insecurity is crying for attention.

12. abarambling

abarambling Banned

Yoy know those characters in movies, or shows that have this horrible past, they go to a new place where no one knows them, they start a new life there, andd they never tell anyone anything about themselves?

I want to be that kind of person.

It's like the complete opposite of me.

That would be awesome, like I'll probably actually be happy for once.

13. Moonglow181

Moonglow181 Lifetime Supporter Lifetime Supporter

What are you talking about? I said yesterday already I should have said..."Why do you feel that way?"
    i am not testing your anything....

14. unfocusedanakin

unfocusedanakin The Archaic Revival Lifetime Supporter

What I say might seem contradictory since I just said I was depending on what a professional told me. But if you speak the truth (lots here seem to doubt your stories not to start something else) you are a victim of your own basis. Psychology and consoling is full of it. For example why being gay was once a mental disorder. What you believe is approoitye behavior is the only option and you are unwilling to accept actual science and new information.

He's lazy there is no such thing as ADD. Autism is not real in 99% of cases. I know your type. You are old school and not really willing to accept the world how it is. So you deny its existence and think only you can be right.

You really have no idea what you are talking about. You are sure you do so what does it matter what I think. I could brag about my degrees and credentials that would say so too I suppose as you did. I prefer to use this site as a nice place and I feel like all we do is argue.

I should probably just ignore you according to my lady. But I feel it's my mission to try and save at least one lost sheep. And to do so in a nice way if possible. I try to remember that it's a privilege for you to actualy doubt these things. It means you don't have to live with them.

15. Crystal_Nocked

Crystal_Nocked Members

Nice straw man arguments!

I never said ADD does not exist.

Nor did I ever claim that 99% of autism DX's are bogus.

Or..maybe you can paste my old quotes where I did say that?

Please do so.

Some of you chaps really need to hone your reading comprehension skills.

And you say I'm the one who doesn't know what he's talking about?

You're funny.

For das record..... I'd reckon that, oh, maybe only about 60% or so of autism claims are bullshit.

Ditto for ADD.

Ditto for bipolar.

Ditto for members here who misread or simply lack the psychology knowledge to grasp my posts.

Guess where you fall in that latter group?

Riiigght!

Hope this helps.

Oh...if by Old School you meant I don't buy into the recent wave of Big Pharma induced faux psych diagnoses....well, congrats on at least getting one thing right about me.

Cheers.

16. Me either. I find it repulsive and terrifying. Some people go to school and think that gives them the right to determine what the "normal" point of view is. How fucking scary are those people.

Doesn't matter how much you say you're still gonna be a mystery aoabai. Sometimes people are even more mysterious for being so revealing.

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.