Fly The Friendly Skies

Discussion in 'Random Thoughts' started by egger, Jun 14, 2017.

1. egger

egger Member

Fly The Friendly Skies (the old United Airlines slogan)

United Airlines apologizes for “re-accommodating” a customer by literally dragging him off an overbooked plane

http://www.salon.com/2017/04/10/watch-united-airlines-literally-drags-a-passenger-off-an-overbooked-plane/

from the article:

"After asking four passengers to volunteer to give up their seats and being dismayed that not enough were willing to do so, the airline’s employees decided to forcibly eject at least one passenger from the flight. When the man refused to give up his seat because he had to go to work the next day, the employees physically dragged him down the aisle and forced him off of the plane. One passenger said afterward that “kids were crying and people are disturbed.”"

1 person likes this.
  2. egger

egger Member

3. morrow

morrow Visitor

4. Rots in hell

Rots in hell Senior Member

Last flight I took they moved my seat from the (Extra Legroom ) one I paid for, To another seat The Air Hostess (trolly Dolly ) Got all stroppy Saying " you are only here because we managed to secure another plane after the scheduled one broke down [​IMG]
    I told her " you are only here because I paid for a ticket " :wall:

1 person likes this.
  5. themnax

themnax Senior Member

isn't the op kind of old news by now? i thought that was six months ago or more when it was in the news. or is this another one?
    well i haven't flown since i was in the military and the goverment was paying for it.
    that was back even before cooper and metal detectors.
    i did fly commercial then, and airports were nice in a modernistic kind of a way for the times.
    when i was really little railroad stations were nice like that too.
    yes i can remember america before it became a third world military dictatorship.

back when only rich people flew, and not everyone had cars, and more people even rode trains then buses,
    paying passengers were never, that i'm aware of anyway, treated like that.

a train might be hours late, but more passengers, add more cars, fewer, uncouple them someplace.
    and if your train was more then, i forget how many, three or four hours late,
    the railroad would buy you lunch or dinner.

there were a lot of problems in those days, just like in any era,
    but people tended then not to forget who was working for who.

even executives tended not to forget they were working for customers as well as share holders.
    well that was in the 40s - 80s era. before that i couldn't say,
    and anyone who wasn't born yet before raygun, missed out on seeing and understanding what really made the u.s. amount to anything when it did.
    (although of course, a ton of things were over rated even then, as i've no doubt they always are most places)

this sort of thing doesn't encourage me to want to do a lot of long distance travel, especially not by air,
    unless i was relocating, and that not by air either.

(nope, never been on a 380. back the last time i flew, 707s were still in the air, and 727s were brand new.
    furst time i saw an airport when i was little, (in the 50s) commercial jets didn't exist yet.)

6. autophobe2e

autophobe2e Senior Member

I once got a plane from Thailand to England. It was the middle of summer over there and I'd had to dash across half the country to make it back to Bangkok in time to catch it- no time to shower or change.

I smelled so bad that they upgraded everyone around me and gave me the whole back of the plane to myself.

Now THOSE are friendly skies.

2 people like this.
  7. Total Darkness

Total Darkness 100% Cocoa

The employees may have not been friendly but at least the skies were.......Nobody crashed, right?

8. themnax

themnax Senior Member

lol. embarassing but i had to lol.

9. egger

egger Member

That sums it up adroitly.

At least you have some good memories of better times.

10. TheGreatShoeScam

TheGreatShoeScam Members

[​IMG]

Incrementalism (i.e. Gradualism)
    Incrementalism is a process whereby society is slowly engineered and our rights and freedoms are slowly eroded over time so that we don't notice it's happening and are led to believe change is necessary on only one item and this change is not related to other changes. In the short term the changes are almost imperceptible, but are nevertheless part of a long term campaign to gain control of us all.

http://www.globalistagenda.org/keytactics.htm

[media]https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=ZqtNxNRCcGg[/media]

For people not old enough to have seen the world before the big brother police state model was implemented you can get an idea from old movies and TV shows that include the airport.

Would you like a smoking or non smoking seat ?