Teresa May Bodge Up.

Discussion in 'Latest Hip News Stories' started by Gillc46, Jun 14, 2017.

1. Gillc46

Gillc46 Members

This woman is completely delusional, its as if she carries on despite totally not absorbing what is happening. She reminds me of the dreaded M Thatcher who ruined us and my brother and heaps of friends and acquaintances - why? by following her own mad policies with no reference and probably no advice from anyone else. Uk is in some big mess now. I cant think they how they are convinced that the country wants Brexit when 48% almost half were not, that is not the country i dont see how they can pass legislation on such a false premise. I do worry because though, we are expats how will Brexit effect us? like reciprocal health care- will that still apply. Could the Italians decide we have no legal right to stay here the same as the Uk is whispering about doing in the uk to immigrants? How will if effect out pensions.
    Well in general I think it is the biggest mistake ever and just driven by some unthought out compulsions- some whim.

1 person likes this.
  2. The Imaginary Being

The Imaginary Being PAIN IN ASS Lifetime Supporter

as far as i recall it.... the eu didn't want to guarantee rights to citizens first. so that matter could be dealt with quickly by promising u.k rights abroad
    write to your locally elected eu representative about that perhaps... actually wait?

as for brexit, the 52% won it. and to be honest i'm bored of hearing all this stuff about how bad it is
    blame the eu

i was a reluctant remainer when i cast my vote... but if i know one thing
    the ei insists that be must accept all their 'freedoms'
    whilst allowing countries like canada, america etc. to negotiate on deals that argue no such basis
    to me this is prejudice

our mp's insisting we must play by these rules are fooling the public

equally, the article 50 bill is vague and does not insist on paying billions as an exit fee. what they are doing, by threatening the u.k's stability if such a matter if not carried out
    creates a paradox concerning what the eu was meant to be (institution of peace) and what it is now.

an irrefutable fact at least is we contributed to the e, like germany, whilst other countries gained. to say we owe anything is ridiculous
    the eu cannot even value its own assets because its accounts have not been signed off for over a decade.

i did not want to leave in my heart, but the attitude afterwards has been unfriendly and theresa mays approach, whilst not ideal
    is pitched in spite of what has been the most hostile treatment from elsewhere.

3. BlackBillBlake

BlackBillBlake resigned HipForums Supporter

I agree it's all a bit of a disaster, or threatens to be. The question is though whether May in her now weakened position and depending on the DUP to keep her in power will be able to push through the 'hard' Brexit she dreams of. Personally I doubt it. She faces opposition not only from other parties, but within the tory party too.

I also think that the whole Brexit thing is a huge mistake, that will cost us dear in the long run.Probably the biggest mistake since WWII. And as you point out, only just over half the votes cast were in favour. My feeling is that if they re-ran the referendum now, remain would win. A lot of people were evidently hoodwinked by the lies of Farage, Johnson, Gove and the rest.

The status of ex-pat Brits in Europe and EU workers here should be guaranteed under any deal they do - It remains to be seen how it will work out, but with May at the helm, I am not optimistic.

1 person likes this.
  4. Gillc46

Gillc46 Members

I think that it is a terrible mistake and likely to create bad feelings towards us from Europe which frightens me. I mean UK within the brexit agreement plans it talking about closing the doors on immigration. For a while even sending back some immigrants. I have thought well how does that leave us? we are immigrants to Italy, how are we to know that Europe wont do tit for tat? My partner( we arent married) is southern Irish and therefore and EU member in a sense. My son has married and Italian, MY daughter has married and Italian so they are secure but what about me??
    I think its crazy that Teresa May who I personally dont think is qualified to do what she intends to do because she sounds so demanding as if she is totally in charge and can dictate everything to the Eu so called hard Brexit ( which is unlikely now anyway) but they can ( eu) just say push off cant they???? should she be asking politely if they will accommodate her requirements I mean why do they have to comply, surely they are not committed to do so? They have so I hear in fact say they dont like the fact that Britain wants to bale out, doesnt sound as though they are going to be very compliant.

5. BlackBillBlake

The EU can't just roll over and give May what she wants without weakening the EU itself. On the other hand, loss of trade with Britain could have negative economic consequences for European countries who export their stuff here.
    The situation is crazy, because we rely on EU nurses for example in the NHS. A lot of them are evidently thinking of going home as a result of this. I read the other day that applications from EU nationals to work in the NHS have dropped by over 90% since the vote.

And it isn't going to help ex-pat Brits in Europe like you at all. Bad feeling is sure to be a arise, and possibly the loss of healthcare rights and so on. Families could be split up.

But let's wait and see. Hard Brexit now seems much less likely. But if we stay in the customs union and the single market, the UK would still have to abide by EU laws and standards that regulate trade, which to the 'leave' camp would mean we won't be 'taking back control'. Instead we'd be bound by rules over which we have no say, like Norway.

We've seen how great May's judgement is with the election fiasco. I don't think she's fit to negotiate with the EU, and her idea that if she doesn't get what she wants she'll just walk away from talks reminds me of a petulant child. But her position is now quite weak. We just have to hope that she doesn't do for the country what she's done for her own party.

6. Rots in hell

Rots in hell Senior Member

7. morrow

morrow Visitor

Most of our foreign nurses come from further than the EU Bill.

The nursing staff from the EU are mostly porters.

Philippines is our biggest nursing population, and they are brilliant.

8. morrow

morrow Visitor

9. Rots in hell

Rots in hell Senior Member

Is my arse Really that big ?
    I thought it was petite [​IMG]

10. morrow

morrow Visitor

No, petite is the buns you keep eating :D

11. tumbling.dice

tumbling.dice Visitor

Can't her party just replace her? If they can then I'm surprised they haven't already.

12. BlackBillBlake

My bad there - in a hurry, should have checked my facts.

But whatever, I still think leaving the EU is a huge mistake.

13. BlackBillBlake

Probably she won't last long. Trouble for the tories is they don't have anyone much better waiting in the wings.

14. morrow

morrow Visitor

Like Trump's brother from another mother :D

15. BlackBillBlake

[​IMG]

16. morrow

morrow Visitor

That's NHS staff, which takes in Doctors and porters.. I thought we were on about nurses Bill?

17. BlackBillBlake

I already dealt with that, and said I was incorrect in what I initially said.

Just posted this to show the diversity. There are tens of thousands of Europeans working in whatever roles in the NHS.

1 person likes this.
  18. BlackBillBlake

Tags: