Why Do They Put Race Into Everything?

Discussion in 'Lesbian, Gay, Bi, Trans, etc.' started by Fueled by Coffee, Jun 13, 2017.

1. 6-eyed shaman

6-eyed shaman Sock-eye salmon

The city of Philadelphia announced adding brown and black to the rainbow pride flag to represent homosexual people of color.

http://www.phillymag.com/g-philly/2017/06/08/philly-pride-flag-black-brown/

Now, my question here is what could have possibly led them to believe a rainbow flag represented whiteness?

I guess adding those extra colors might stop BLM from shutting down another pride event

1 person likes this.
  2. Cliff Unicorn

Cliff Unicorn Members

So the rainbow is gone now because scat people took over........ [​IMG]

1 person likes this.
  3. 6-eyed shaman

6-eyed shaman Sock-eye salmon

Exactly. It's not a rainbow anymore; they just added skid marks

1 person likes this.
  4. Irminsul

Irminsul Valkyrie

Brown and black don't belong on a rainbow, sorry. They're the colors that detract from the beauty that the rainbow is.

5. la Principessa

la Principessa Old School HF Member

I think it's fucking ridiculous. The rainbow flag is for everyone, it doesn't represent races! There's no white on there, so how can it be discriminatory? It's totally inclusive to LGBT people of all color. That reminds me...

I went to the Equality rally here in Florida (the ones that were going on simultaneously around the country) with this LGBT group. And we were asked to be interviewed by channel 6, and they basically shunned away my girlfriend and I because we were too white and they wanted to hit a certain demographic. First off, my girlfriend and I both look white, but we're not. I'm Italian and Brazilian, but I happen to have fair skin. She is Guyanese and also happens to be pale as hell. So I consider it completely and inexcusably racist that they didn't want us to represent gays because it had to be all people who LOOK like they're people of color, and on top of that, they assumed our ethnicities.

And we had to listen to a speech about what we could and couldn't say if we got asked for interviews from other news stations or reporters. We couldn't mention anything political, especially Black Lives Matter movement, because they refused to be there or support us because they didn't like that we had a police presence there. And we don't want them hijacking any other Pride event that we have going on over the next few weeks. I love POC. Most of my friends are black or latino and I'm latina myself. But this is getting ridiculous. The LGBT community has always been INCLUSIVE. The mainstream media is where the misrepresentation and discrimination is coming from, NOT us. This was the ONE YEAR ANNIVERSARY OF PULSE, and the last thing we need is people making it about something else. It's not about race, it's not about politics, it is about these people who were murdered and we just want to honor and mourn them in fucking peace.

I refuse to humor people acting like tyrants. After a mass murder, yes, I want police there. Some police do horrible things, but most of them are there to do their job and I'd rather take my chances with a cop there than without one.

6. Irminsul

Irminsul Valkyrie

You dirty white str8 folks.

1 person likes this.
  7. Vanilla Gorilla

Vanilla Gorilla Go Ape

Oh, FFS

LOLz

so its BBLGBTQIA now

Q for me always just meant gay guys that are butt ugly, I still dont get why the bisexuals are in there if their day job is hetero, and A for asexual - a pride parade for people not interested - huh?

To me it will always just be LGTI - or rearranged to GLIT, because that would be funnier

1 person likes this.
  8. Asmodean

Asmodean Slo motion rider

Should be a nonissue. If you mix rainbow colours it becomes brown anyway :p ;) But yeah, no one is excluded representationwise in the first place, so no reason to change this flag at all. I wouldn't give it too much attention

9. psymon*

psymon* shadilay

Yep, that Flag will solve racism!

There is only one true icon for the LGBTQIAPPK community, be that is the Babadook.

The Babadook understands the struggles of the community

It is a movie about a gay man, who just wants to live a peaceful life in a small town in Australia. the Babadook is a symbol of LGBTQIPPAK's journey.

Apparently the B now stands for the Babadook.

The babadook today, leads pride parades around the world,

[​IMG]

10. la Principessa

la Principessa Old School HF Member

Lmao I love it!

1 person likes this.
  11. Vanilla Gorilla

Vanilla Gorilla Go Ape

It was a shit movie though, i actually paid to go to the cinema to see it because the trailer looked really cool.

I cant even remember it, but it had a really dumb ending

The Babadook im talking about

12. Irminsul

Irminsul Valkyrie

Bareback Mountain?

>.>

13. Asmodean

Asmodean Slo motion rider

Babadook Mountain