Tour Stories

Discussion in 'Musicians' started by Grasschild, Jun 11, 2017.

1. Grasschild

Grasschild Members

Do you have any??

2. Banned Drama Queen

Banned Drama Queen Idiot

I traveled all over the place for like 15 years of my life, lived in 4 different states in the process... it was a hell of a time and tons of fun... it was hard to put the guitar down so to speak but my best memories playing in a little band are just the memories, the unknowns, some sleepless nights, staying in little hotels and just being young... I found a real love for rock and folk music when I was younger and I couldn't wait to go on stage and play... so many good times

3. unfocusedanakin

unfocusedanakin The Archaic Revival Lifetime Supporter

I once saw a person running from an undercover cop. Lucky the crowd was doing a good job blocking the cop and letting the guy by. The cop was very upset about this and cursing out loud making threats to everyone as he pushed by them which got him replies like "not today pig" from the crowd. Everyone knew he could not do anything to them and he was obviously more intent on getting the running guy. He went into a pora potty and came out wearing different cloths. The cop never figured it out. I don't know if he had a change of cloths in there or what but it was something out of a comedy movie. The cop looked so dimwitted I could not believe it worked. Even without cop training I could tell it was the same guy. But I suppose to a cop everyone at that concert looked like a filthy hippie.

4. rollingalong

rollingalong Banned

I partied with the lifelong sound man for metallica...name is mick....he told me this story

while on tour with the cult they were partying on the bus and someone had the bright idea to put a goldfish inside a bottle that had contained vodka as a joke...harmless enough prank.....so the girlfriend of the lead singer for the cult finds out that this fish is in the bottle and freaks out...animal cruelty and all that....she rescues the fish and makes her famous boyfriend arrange for a veterinarian to do a ''bus call'' at the next venue

the fish died a few days later and the prank was forgotten

skip ahead to the last show on the tour...

......... the cult is into their encore when from up above it stated raining goldfish......hundreds of goldfish...they were flopping around the stage while the band played on and the girlfriend was out there frantically picking up goldfish and stuffing them in cups but she was squashing as many as she was saving....

......it wasn't a nice sight but the guys from Metallica and the cult thought it was the funniest thing ever

and it was :)

if you go to a metallica show i believe mick will still be running the sound board...he likes the black hash....couple grams will get you back stage :)