Do You Think It's A Bad Idea To Get A Credit Card For Someone Else To Use?

Discussion in 'Random Thoughts' started by abarambling, Jun 10, 2017.

1. abarambling

abarambling Banned

Also, how many credit cards are too many?

I recently was pressured by my mother to open a credit card, so she can use it.
    I'm a push over, and spineless coward, I completely agree with you.

1 person likes this.
  2. tumbling.dice

tumbling.dice Visitor

If you have to ask then you know it's a bad idea aba.

1 person likes this.
  3. GLENGLEN

GLENGLEN Banned

Why Can't She Open Her Own...???...[​IMG]

Cheers Glen.

4. abarambling

abarambling Banned

She has really bad credit. I keep telling her to file bankruptcy, but nope... she doesn't want to.

5. GLENGLEN

GLENGLEN Banned

RUN.....And Run Fast.....Or Your'e Going To Be Left Carrying The Baby......[​IMG]

Cheers Glen.

1 person likes this.
  6. abarambling

abarambling Banned

I do want to have children someday.

How many credit cards do you have?

7. GLENGLEN

GLENGLEN Banned

One...... And I Have Only Ever Had One.....I Don't Understand These People That Flash A Card Holder

At The Cashier And Then Spend Time Deciding Which One They Are Going To Use.

Sometimes I Think They Just Do It To Show Off......[​IMG]

Cheers Glen.

1 person likes this.
  8. Meliai

Meliai Banned

Horrible idea

If she wants a credit card to improve her credit she could always get a secured credit card - generally you have to put down a deposit of $300 and your credit limit is the same, they're for people who cant get approved otherwise. They refund the deposit after so many months of timely payments

9. GLENGLEN

GLENGLEN Banned

I Guess You Are Not Familar With The Saying...."Left Carrying The Baby".....I Used It As In

It Will Be You That Are Left Carrying Her Debt...... :)

Cheers Glen.

10. GLENGLEN

GLENGLEN Banned

This Sounds Like A Plan.....[​IMG]

Cheers Glen.

11. Crystal_Nocked

Crystal_Nocked Members

If her bad credit is due to her misusing and irresponsible use of past credit cards, the new one you got her will likely only enable her to worsen her credit.

What she needs is to slowly rebuild her credit. This is done best with use of a secured credit card. Usually from her bank. She could have gotten one of these on her own. She needs to get a printed copy of her Credit Report and sit down and make a plan to slowly pay off those biggest debts in the past that hurt her score. This and using a secured credit card--which is basically like a debit card--are the best and safest ways to repair credit and to still have the ability to charge goods and services. On a limited and necessary-only basis, of course.

Hope this helps.

12. abarambling

abarambling Banned

I have four, so far. One for groceries, one for electronics because that can get expensive, one for general use (example, emergencies), and the one my mom has. The three I have are under 50%. So, I haven't spent more than 50% of the credit limit. Because I read somewhere that you shouldn't use more than 50% of your available credit. Also, I'm good on payments. So, I think I'm good with money. But, having four credit cards, one in which is not being used by me... does give me a little anxiety.

Ooooooh, sorry. I thought you were literal. I'm not the best at catching things like that.

13. abarambling

abarambling Banned

I never heard of those types of cards.

The damage is already done. I signed up for the card, got approved, gave her the card, warmed her if she screws up my credit I'm disowning her as a mom, though I'm pretty sure she knows I'm buffing, and now she is using it.

I know, I'm weak. I'm a failure. I'm always doing shit for people. And I'm just like, "Can I die, already? I'm being screwed by every entry point here. I'm kind of done"

14. GLENGLEN

GLENGLEN Banned

So She Already Has A Card In Your Name...???...I Was Under The Impression You Were

Thinking Of Applying For One.....Not That She Already Had It......[​IMG]

Cheers Glen.

15. abarambling

abarambling Banned

I'll talk to her about it. She keeps opening fucking loans to pay off credit cards. And I'm like, "Seriously, That sounds counterintuitive". But, maybe this might help, and then I can close the account, because she won't need my credit card. I know paying off what you owe in a credit card, and then closing the account hurts your credit too. But, it can't be worse than having a credit card that you're not paying off.

16. abarambling

abarambling Banned

I can always close it.

17. SpacemanSpiff

SpacemanSpiff Visitor

close it yesterday

18. SpacemanSpiff

SpacemanSpiff Visitor

oh a then get another one and let me borrow it

19. unfocusedanakin

unfocusedanakin The Archaic Revival Lifetime Supporter

Who do you think is on the hook for the bill? Sounds like she wants to spend money in your name and has not paid her bills in the past. Your mom is setting you up to be royally fucked.

20. morrow

morrow Visitor

Don't have one, don't want one..

Debit card, if I haven't got it, I can't spend it..

Something good about waiting the 6months you pay lots of interest for.. your actually paying less..

Bad idea credit cards, other than to the owner..

1 person likes this.