Legalize Weed Nationally

Discussion in 'U.S.A.' started by Scratched, Jun 10, 2017.

1. 6-eyed shaman

6-eyed shaman Sock-eye salmon

I live in a state where recreational has been legalized and all I can say is that it has been a very positive change.

It has provided lots of businesses a chance to open and sell across the state. It's provided seasonal employment for many people, especially in the rural communities, including my town of residence. Incarceration rates are down and we are spending less on law enforcement for minor offenses.

7 people like this.
  2. Scratched

Scratched Members

I envy you. [​IMG] But please feel free to continue to "Light up and Be Happy" ( a Styx song reference) Yay!!!

3. unfocusedanakin

unfocusedanakin The Archaic Revival Lifetime Supporter

You are right this is a forum for debate. But if your "facts" are incorrect people are going to correct you in forums where people know that topic. As pointed out earlier in the thread you are probably just from a different background. A background that not be a dick about it means you probably know very little due to little interest/experience in the topics often discussed here. You have an outsiders view I feel like. What my drug forum self would classify as "DARE" style misinformation. I've seen you give drug advice that rather than decrease the side effects of use actuly increases the bad side effects for example.

No one strokes egos here. People disagree with each other all the time. Personally I just noticed you sharing false or bad information in several threads. I don't claim to know everything but you too are wrong on a lot of things. "Troll" is not the right word though. Some people just like to "stir the pot" so to speak. If you are not that I hope you learn some things here. I certainly have and I don't know everything.

But in weed terms I am the general of the bong solider. You are just lucky I don't make you do push ups[​IMG]

1 person likes this.
  4. Crystal_Nocked

Crystal_Nocked Members

I never said I am not guilty of trying to stir things up once in awhile.

For my dinero, that's a good deal of the enjoyment in even being on a discussion & debate forum.

After all..which is more interesting for you to read....

"Yeah. I agree 100% with what all you guys say. I couldn't have said it better. I have nothing to add."

OR.........

"Hold up, amigo. I beg to disagree with you. I have a totally different take on this issue. And let me explain why....."

See what I mean? I'd rather read the second line anytime. I fact....when I see a post that begins by agreeing with the previous ones...I immediately scroll on down. Looking for some diversity. And entertainment. And anyway, what's the point in posting that yo agree with all that's been said? Or saying that "I couldn't have said it better?" Indeed. So why even say it?

So anyway.....Me a troll? No. I don't think so. A troll comes to the forum with no intention of ever adding anything useful or worthwhile. Or really, even to disagree. All they do is "hit and run" intentionally intrusive and contradictory and off-topic, post-hijacking comment. Trolls will not engage in debate. They are fond of non-sequitur posts. Ignoring challenges to discuss. I am pretty sure I've never done any of that.

But.....being a "dick" as you so eloquently put it?

Sure...I'll admit that i have been known to go there now and then.

LOL.

Cheers.

1 person likes this.
  5. Scratched

Scratched Members

I'm not into that "stirring the pot" shit, been through enough emotional BS over the years, so don't aim your flame at me please.

Just here for fun conversation and friendship, or some good-hearted mischief.

Like my sign says in my room, "Life is to be enjoyed, not endured". The other one says "Family is plural: Think "We", not "Me". From my marriage and stepbrats, etc. I still enjoy the sign.

6. jpdonleavy

jpdonleavy Members

I see AG Sessions is now talking about challenging States' legislation re. medical marijuana. He needs a hobby horse to ride. The funny thing is that the GOP always talks up States' Rights.

I bet at least one Senator, though, has a spouse or friend or relative who's actually on med mary jane, with good results so hopefully he won't visit pain and misery on people. I'd like to know more about his parents and upbringing to understand where his cruelty comes from. He seems to harbour resentments.

1 person likes this.
  7. Meliai

Meliai Banned

I dont think you're a troll

But this is 2017, society's attitude towards weed has improved leaps and bounds the past couple of decades. There aren't any decent arguments for keeping weed illegal, we've heard them all before and they've been refuted. Including the arguments you've presented.

So when you come to a marijuana- friendly forum and present the same weak arguments we've all heard many times since we were kids sitting in a pointless DARE class, it does come across that you're either playing the devil's advocate for the purpose of stirring the pot, or that you actually believe what you're saying and you believe it because you've never really tried weed or been around normal, dare I say successful people who do it

2 people like this.
  8. Meliai

Meliai Banned

But whatever, you're for the states' right to legalize so that's cool I guess

1 person likes this.
  9. jpdonleavy

jpdonleavy Members

well, I'm for general legalisation. I don't think drug users should EVER see the inside of a prison - what for? How does that benefit society? I know it benefits business, so there's a significant obbying effort to kep it in the criminal code. I know it's not a panacea but there's tons of stuff that's legal and dangerous (SSRIs anyone?)

1 person likes this.
  10. Scratched

Scratched Members

No shit about the SSRI's, if your doc has you on them just try and quit taking them for a while...OMG...I tried this once so I could take something fun that doesn't bode well with them (poss. liver damage).
    I have never seen withdrawal of any kind kick in so violently! Panic attack resulting was unbelievable!! Valium, several, would not stop it.
    SSRIs are quietly very very addictive, and you have no idea as long as you take one daily!