Is Yoga Sinful?

Discussion in 'Yoga and Meditation' started by Juliaf, Jun 10, 2017.

1. Crystal_Nocked

Crystal_Nocked Members

But I don't want to be a part of ANY Judeo-Christian civilization!

LOL

C

2. drumminmama

drumminmama Super Moderator Lifetime Supporter

Yoga=yuj= linked.
    Yoga is a link to your true self.

3. machinist

machinist Banned Lifetime Supporter

Well, if you have read "Autobiography of a Yogi" by Paramahansa Yogananda, which I have, three times, you know that Jesus Christ himself and Yogananda, one of the great 20th century yogis that helped bring yoga to the West, personally met and had a beautiful time.

Yogananda, by the way, knew the exact moment he was going to die, told everyone, and dropped dead. His body was kept at the Los Angeles county morgue for three weeks, and morgue officials wrote a report on the peculiar quality of incorruptibility which they had never observed before. Not the slightest sign of aging or decay of the dead body for three weeks after death under completely unadulterated and natural circumstances.

magickman likes this.
  4. Chodpa

Chodpa Senior Member

hatha yoga is a tantra - a tantra specifically is not a form of worship but a practicce of techniques. there are yoga tantras which also do not worship deities.

not to confuse you further but buddhist yogatantras utilize deities for focus and yoga but do not beloieve in any god or deity
    (story for another time)

hantha,means sun/moon, and refers to working strong, and working placid. read thomas merton who did transcendental meditation who the present pope gave accolades to

christian is not about thinkinging you're a good person, it's a study of searching for truth

hatha yoga is good exercise

do not do it to beyond 50% of your fortitude - it's not an olympic sport

5. makihiko

makihiko Official hippie since 2005

I don't really think that yoga involves worshipping gods. I see it merely as exercise for the body, and relaxation for the mind.

6. Allee

Allee Members

I'm a Christian girl and have been my whole life. I've also been doing yoga ever since I turned 12. I think it's not against God or anything like that but I do know that I get the worst sinful thoughts sometimes and I think yoga has alot to do with that. When I see a man staring at my body in yoga I get them and I want to do something about it but I never do. I also wear alot of skimpy stuff to yoga because of how it makes me feel and I know thats really sinful. So yeah its not that yoga is actually sinful its that we are weak!

Allee

7. Virginia Ekblom

Virginia Ekblom Members

I never thought of Yoga as a religion.
    However, when I am really focused, there is such a sense of calm that comes about me. When I end in meditation, I definitely feel closer to my Lord.
    So in a sense, I use meditation as a means of prayer, thanking God for allowing me the opportunity of calm.

8. Virginia Ekblom

Virginia Ekblom Members

LOL!!!!!!!!!!!

magickman likes this.
  9. Donald Bill

Donald Bill Members

As a Christian, I cannot sin as long as I do not give divination to any religious meaning to yoga. I think of it like a gun. If I use it to kill without reason, then I sin. If I use a gun to kill as self-defense, then why not. I think yoga is just another recipe to be a better person.

wilsjane likes this.
  10. Chodpa

Chodpa Senior Member

11. desert-rat

desert-rat Senior Member

The God I believe in is energy and conscious . Sin was invented by the church along with a bunch of guilt and controll crap .

Irminsul likes this.
  12. Asmodean

Asmodean Slo motion rider

Agree to disagree

13. desert-rat

desert-rat Senior Member

On camel toe , is there a naked yoga ?

14. bft4evr

bft4evr Senior Member

15. No mate it's not. It's supposed to relax you.

16. hotwater

hotwater Senior Member Lifetime Supporter

Speaking of camel-toe, there are actually female accessories to enhance the look, kinda like a guy putting a sock in his underwear

[​IMG]

17. Asmodean

Asmodean Slo motion rider

Lol how did you find out?

18. Kerry Murphy

Kerry Murphy Members

Don't leave it. Yoga is spiritual development practices to train the body and mind to self observe and become aware of their own nature. The purpose of yoga is to cultivate discernment, awareness, self-regulation and higher consciousness in the individual. It does not relate to religion and God, keep it up!

19. GLENGLEN

GLENGLEN Banned

Yes....Yet Another One Of GLEN's...."Blasts From The Past".....Thanks For Digging It Up.....

Gave Me A Chuckle Too..... :D

Cheers Glen.

20. wilsjane

wilsjane Nutty Professor HipForums Supporter

Since religions believe that their is only one god, it stands to reason that people in different parts of the world have a different method of worshiping him.

I have put this theory to many people over the years and no one seriously disagrees.
    I even had a devout Muslim guy who I worked with, almost on his knees with laughter when I asked him if he really believed that God and Allah were sitting somewhere in the heavens making rice puddings to throw at each other.

Needless to say, I believe that their is no such thing as a religious war and religion is no more than a feeble excuse to take land from the other side.
    The problems in Northern Ireland prove this. Most of the people involved in the terrorism had never set foot in a church.

All the rubbish about Trump and Putin prove this still further.
    I have little doubt that with the economics and other problems in both countries, military conflict is the last thing that they need.
    One friendly chat with each other and the idiots brigade soon branded Trump as some sort or traitor.

We live in a crazy world.

Mike Literous likes this.
Tags: