300,000 Year Old Human Remains Found In Morocco

Discussion in 'Science and Technology' started by BlackBillBlake, Jun 7, 2017.

1. BlackBillBlake

BlackBillBlake resigned HipForums Supporter

2. 6-eyed shaman

6-eyed shaman Sock-eye salmon

Man, people are getting way way way too sensitive over what continent humans evolved from. What difference does it make?

1 person likes this.
  3. BlackBillBlake

BlackBillBlake resigned HipForums Supporter

In practical terms it makes very little difference to me. But science is about knowledge, and they want to know as much as they can about our remote past. I find it interesting, that's all.

3 people like this.
  4. Irminsul

Irminsul Valkyrie

I've got this theory where, I bet if people start digging, they'll find remains in most likely every single country on earth. Which tells us......... people live on earth. :) but, I also bet, you won't find monkey remains on every single country on this earth which tells me........ people > monkeys. :)

Monkey Magick!

1 person likes this.
  5. deleted

deleted Visitor

my goodness look at all the food this brought to my table..

1 person likes this.
  6. Vanilla Gorilla

Vanilla Gorilla Go Ape

300000 years with stone tools?

Probably means the first homosapien was more like over 500,000 years ago

I never brought the land bridge argument, that humans could only migrate over land bridges.

300K years ago, someone couldnt carve out a canoe with seashells?

1 person likes this.
  7. Irminsul

Irminsul Valkyrie

300k years ago I think that giant frog from the dream time stories drank up all the water! And there was no water left in the world and the humans could then traverse the globe.

Then one day a human saw the giant frog and the human was thirst and the frog - Ha Ha Ha I've drink all your water Ha Ha Ha!

So, the human found a cute little echidna and asked the echidna if he could borrow some spurs off its back.

Well the echidna needs to drink water too it does, that damn frog. Sure thing says the echidna. You can borrow my spurs.

So the human makes spears out of the spurs and tosses them at the big nasty frog and puts all the little holes in the frog and finally BOOM! POP!! The frog explodes and expells all the water back into the oceans and rivers. :)

1 person likes this.
  8. Meliai

Meliai Banned

I would assume carbon dating

9. Meliai

Meliai Banned

Intellectual curiosity

It IS sad and stupid how everything is politicized these days but doesnt mean we should just stop learning. Intellectual curiosity is, after all, what separates us from those other pesky primate cousins no one wants to claim on our family tree ;)

2 people like this.
  10. Asmodean

Asmodean Slo motion rider

Some people's suspicions tell more about themselves than the actual suspected people :p

1 person likes this.
  11. Asmodean

They apparently used 2 techniques, both based on the earth layer it was found in. One has to do with measuring leftover radioactivity or something and is supposedly pretty reliable. Maybe take a search for yourself, took me 2 minutes.

1 person likes this.
  12. Meliai

Meliai Banned

Well I guess you told me

13. unfocusedanakin

unfocusedanakin The Archaic Revival Lifetime Supporter

You can't be from Africa because that is where the "******" is from. They are better then that. It wrecks the world of the racist to think they are same. They are too special and it's just easier to not accept science because science has no effect on their life.

That is much as I have got and what someone else on the forum gave as their reason.

14. Irminsul

Irminsul Valkyrie

That's not what I said, at all.

So I'll say it again just to be clear.

It doesn't wreck my world to be the "same" as anybody else, I do have eyes though, and I can see that my skin color is different to a black African. I can also see that our hair is different shape, color and density. I can see different eye colors, weighted differently in different body parts.

I can see these differences with my own two eyes, I can see that we are not the same person.

For that reason alone I snort at the term "the human race" because we as humans, can pinpoint the differences and discrepancies in animals, but it's politically incorrect to look at ourselves the same way, so while we are allowed to acknowledge the several species of cow, though they are still all cows but with physical differences, the cows have different names. Ones an angus, another one is.. another cow. and so on.

Or dogs, why're all dogs yeah? But we can all tell the difference and we are allowed to.

So, when someone says a white, black, Asian etc. are all the same people I disagree with it because if we were all the same people then we'd all be the same.

So, I encourage racial and cultural differences.

I believe, it is more racist to segregate all culture into this perfect little "human race" idea than it is to openly support and appreciate different races and cultures.

As for science, I've told everyone umpteen times that I don't even believe half the stuff I say I just know it bothers the people that seem to have nothing better to do with their time other than sit on an online forum and pick people's personal beliefs and opinions apart, so I post stuff that eats at those people.

Which it does, and I sit there and I laugh because I'm having a good time having fun.

But doesn't matter what I say, you have your own opinions about me and that's that, I'm not going to worry about your opinions of me that's for sure, not my burden to worry about. I know who I am and I know what I am too.

15. Irminsul

Irminsul Valkyrie

I feel like I need to keep reiterating a lot of the time. I mean you'd think someone with a communication development disorder who pigheadedly refuses to understand or interpret what you try to say to them would like, just not go around calling people idiots and that they're dumb and stupid just because they have differing opinions.

Well, that would make too much sense to me anyway.

Personally I love all the theories in life about this type of thing. I don't agree with a lot, but considering I don't know and I don't believe anyone else really does either, may as well have some fun with it, right? :D it's all good stuff to me.

But we gotta call in the fun police with their opinions and online police badges to come in and enforce their ways, ideals, opinions and way of life. Lol. Nazis.

16. Asmodean

I have the feeling unfocusedanakin's last post wasn't mainly about you anyway. And in general he seems spot on in that post. That probably IS the reason why a lot of racists don't like the idea we're all originally from Africa.

17. Irminsul

Irminsul Valkyrie

Well, they can be from South Africa then. =p

The Sumerians wrote that, when the gods landed on earth to mine for gold to help preserve the dwindling atmosphere on their own planet, that they found the physical labor or mining to be too hard a chore for them and that, earth cycle around the sun aged them considerably.

Therefore, they needed manual labor to complete the task.

So it was written that, the gods genetically enhanced the Ape to work for them. They completed many modification with different animals until they could produce a worker. That was with ape DNA and their own DNA, they split and created the Earthling who toiled in the ground and mined the gold.

Fascinating story by a civilization 10+ thousand years ago. It's a sci-fi story for real, so, if.. if I were to say we came from monkeys then this is the story I'm running with, not evolved, still created. :)

Then as they perfected their creation, the earthling became beautiful, and the gods could not keep themselves from interfering sexually with the earthling. This made the high Chiefs back on their planet extremely upset as it was the golden rule that the now created earthling would not populate with the gods. They couldn't help themselves though and so, as punishment... ashes to ashes and dust to dust.

So as you can see, my beliefs and feeling really have a lot to do with the "science" that I'm accused of denying. The science behind it all is actually almost unfathomable if you really think about it and that's why I say things about the missing link, because I don't believe we EVOLVED at all, I stick with CREATION, but a much more scientifically enhanced science rather than Adam & Eve etc. in which I also believe may be quite relevant, but not in the interpretations from biblical records.

Now, why I believe it is because as I've stated in other threads is that, I can't reason as to how our earliest civilization could have even comprehended writing that story, about things they had absolutely no idea of etc, unless, they were a lot more advanced than we all think, but I don't believe that, because they keep telling tales about their advancement and it always comes from the gods in which I believe are flesh and blood extra terrestrials.

[​IMG]

2 people like this.
  18. psymon*

psymon* shadilay

The problem of fluctuating amounts of this important isotope is calibration. While an uncalibrated reading may be off by a factor of 10%-20%, calibration severely reduces that value. Standard calibration curves are now used for more accurate readings. These curves indicate the changes in Carbon-14 throughout the years and modifies the end result of the tests to reflect that. Though the calibrated date is more precise, many scholars still use the uncalibrated date in order to keep chronologies consistent in academic community

1 person likes this.
  19. Asmodean

Uhm so... what is 'just not true' about the declared age? Yes, there can be difficulties with said technique, but it is not certain to you and me that those difficulties appeared in this case. Just because of 'the fact it was found in a mine' doesn't mean the skull wasnt excluded from air. They still had to dig it up :p So that fact doesn't tell shit on itself. Maybe the circumstances were actually as good as it gets for this technique in this case.Besides, they used another dating technique as well.

About it not being a homo sapiens: very plausible. But it is still a spectacular discovery, if only for how old it seems! It's also very plausible it isn't some kind of gorilla either. It really seems closer to a humanoid. Of which the homo sapiens is merely the last surviving one: there's more than just the homo sapiens. It is pretty sure as well that several homo sapiens and neanderthals for example had sex and offspring together. Humans have a certain amount of Neanderthal dna (no suprise there :p), it's not like its no homo sapiens: therefor its an ape ;)
    One thing in which the Neanderthals differ from homo sapiens is a lack of a chin.

20. jpdonleavy

jpdonleavy Members

Yep - I've read a lot about this as well - there was a very sudden increase n human brainpower 200-300 thousand years ago, I think, too fast to be explained by evolution - and the Biblical story of Even being created from Adam's rib (cloning of a sort) is a dead giveaway. Obviously, I can't take it on faith but it's totally fascinating to consider all that stuff.

My biggest problem is working ut how a few tons of gold can save an atmosphere - nice post

1 person likes this.
  21. lode

lode Banned

Stop stating things as fact without links. You've stated half a dozen blatantly false
    thing in three pages, and then somehow brought up dolphin banging.

Use and quote links from reputable sources or what you say has no value.

Remember Mules?

https://en.m.wikipedia.org/wiki/Mule

3 people like this.
  22. lode

lode Banned

I think only Irminsul cares. Most of the rest of us are just curious from an anthropological stance and have no specific horse in the race.

1 person likes this.