One Of My Cats Is Revolting.

Discussion in 'Random Thoughts' started by Meagain, Jun 6, 2017.

1. MeAgain

MeAgain Dazed & Confused Lifetime Supporter Super Moderator

I have 3 and 3/4 cats and on the whole they are pretty good to me.
    They let me sleep in their bed with them, I'm encouraged to share my food and goodies, and sometimes they leave little presents for me which I find with my bare feet late at night, or perhaps in the early morning, when I get up to drain the fire hose.

All in all we have come to certain agreements.

Around about super time, for the cats, the standard procedure has been to assemble at the back door, or maybe the front one, no the back....enter.....and proceed to the basement for our quarter can of stinky cat food.
    I have to help the 3/4 cat as he can't jump up to the snack bar where diner is served next to the perpetual dry food horn of plenty.
    It's served at a high altitude so that Miss Fatty can't get to the perpetual horn all day long as she's on a diet.
    Which, by the way, the vet said would never work because, "Cats don't loose weight."
    Wrong Mr. Smarty Pants. No wonder nobody believes in science anymore.
    Then we're all in for the night.

But lately things have gone awry
    My primary cat, I'll call her Mary, has developed a mind of her own.
    She appears to be revolting against the status quo.

I first noticed it last night when I saw her in the back yard and called for her to "Come and get it!"
    The little hussy turned her nose up and ran under the van.
    Then she disappeared,
    Till 12:39 at night. Don't ask me why I was up at 12:39 at night.

Now, tonight, I see her out on the front porch in her guard position on one of the rocking chairs.
    So I open the door and call her, "Here kitty, kitty".

She jumps down, dives off the porch, and ducks into the bushes.

------------------------------​
    She's still out there...and darn it, she can stay out there with the raccoons for all I care.

I still have 2 and 3/4 cats in reserve.

4 people like this.
  2. Lynnbrown

Lynnbrown Firecracker

:rofl:

You just have a little bit more training to go through...but hang in there. They are fairly patient masters and they will give you all the time you need.

I want to hear more about the 3/4 cat!

Mine have been teaching me several new things this year...one was that if I would whistle as loud as a train for them, the inside/outside 2 would deign show me their current hiding place.

They have also taught me that I can get up and clean up cat vomit as many times throughout the night and hell, just the whole 24 hour period as they want me to. [​IMG] But then I've always known that...these 4 are just re-teaching me some old lessons. [​IMG]

3. SpacemanSpiff

SpacemanSpiff Visitor

all cats are revolting :)

except for tigers of course

2 people like this.
  4. GLENGLEN

GLENGLEN Banned

Grrrrrrrrrrrrrrrrrrrrrrrrrrrrrrrr.....[​IMG]......[​IMG] ...... :argue: ......[​IMG] ......[​IMG]

Sneers Glen.

5. fundoo

fundoo Members

kitties!!!!!!! :D :D :D

I'll have to come back to this for a proper reading and response, but it caught my eye! ;)

6. Vanilla Gorilla

Vanilla Gorilla Go Ape

Your pussy is revolting?

7. themnax

themnax Senior Member

viva la revolution!
    we're always revolting.
    (cats do come in both genders though, despite a certain sloppiness of the english vernacular)

8. jpdonleavy

jpdonleavy Members

YIKES! I've been reading this headline ('revolting') as repellent, provocative of vomitus, disgusting, get-away-from-me, when it's about rebellion, like the Easter 1916 Rising.

My partner and I got two kittens (bro sis male female in August 2015. In fall 2016 one night the (still unspayed) male suddenly launched a murderous attack on the female. They had a deafening fight in the bathroom and feces was left on the walls and floor. The female was terrified - utterly defeated.

We kept the female in the bedroom that night and cautiously let her out in the morning, at which point the male rocketed toward her like a bullet. Moments later the male was in its cat cage and we took him to the RSPCA (Royal Society for the Prevention etc). The female seemed to recovery quite quickly, but is now with my partner's daughters since she became disabled just before last Christmas.

I've never forgotten the ferocity with which the male attacked the female - it was truly feral behaviour, though presumably testosterone-mediated. I'd never seen it before even though most of my long term g/friends and one of two wives were cat lovers.

9. YouFreeMe

YouFreeMe Visitor

Has she returned, Me?

10. themnax

themnax Senior Member

domestic cats aren't really domesticated physiologically the way dogs are compared to wolves, or farm animals compared to anything living free out in the woods.
    they're just used to being around humans and mostly accept their life for its advantages that as human we often over rate.

a sudden change in behavior to one much more aggressive like that, i mean their mating is often combative, but not normally life threatening.
    so i would suspect rabies. that the aggressor had come into contact with some wild or other creature that had been infected with it.

it does happen some times.

i mean jp's case. as for meagain, that seems perfectly within the normal range of healthy cat behavior.
    you know, i'm kind of emotionally independent like that too.
    that being part of how i see myself as cat-like.

my mom was a 'cat lady' and a lot of the cats that would find their way to us, were just being independent like that.
    some would come by, stay for a few days or weeks, then make their rounds to other people who would feed them or let them in.

yours may have even discovered the rewards of hunting on her own.
    don't be too surprised if she brings you something she's killed as a 'gift'.
    cats are supposed to be independent like that.
    this is part of what makes them so endearing.

11. Gillc46

Gillc46 Members

I have 8 cats, two rescued and 6 products of two of our other cats. All are neutered now.
    Female cats in particular seems to have a very hard time if left complete, their drive seems to be obsessive and self destructive
    . I remember when Boogy ( a blue siamese rescue) we had about 40 years ago ( never having been spayed had a double delivery of kittens over two days, she ate the first ones and abandoned the second litter, we rescued the only living one by breaking the sack ourselves and shut her under our long table with wire netting so she couldn't go anywhere, we still ended up feeding him but he did well. We then had her spayed as she had clearly had enough.
    Then you get the toms who usually get ripped to pieces fighting- abscesses, and leptospirosis from the scratches from other toms. They usually live a short life and again seem compelled to hunt and fight, very primitively. So all ours are now neutered and in good health and very content. However, most of them are cantankerous towards one another growling at meals mostly, but Silky likes to make runs at the girls not that he seems to do much but it worries them. Then rupert makes runs at Silky-- so.
    They have biscuits available all the time, upstairs in the bedroom and downstairs in the kitchen. Then I feed each one as they turn up looking for it tinned or sachet food as much as they want.
    In the winter most of them if not all sleep on the bed ( it gets hard to get into it actually, but cuddling a cats who is purring away seems to make me sleep better. The have a litter tray in the bedroom but only two use it and in the summer hardly if ever. There is a cat door into the bedroom ( which opens to a terazza and not into the house itself) and an opening at the side of the window in the kitchen. They are completely free to come and go, and there are deep deciduous forests next to the house. Each one of them is different. Silky is a long haired ginger and loves people and affection, but in the summer you hardly see him except for meals. The same for the rest of them except Tiggy and Touche Touche is the best she is really loyal to me and follows me around. Anyway there are a wonderful friendly family who relate strongly I can even talk to them and get replies, they shout at me sometimes to get me to feed them. It depends how you treat them as to how much they show their loyalty and attachment. What you invest you get back.

We had 12 siamese and part siamese many years ago who all died out gradually and they are absolutely devoted usually to one person and if you want cat company they are without compare, they are like dogs.

We also have 6 dogs, two will chase the dogs to my annoyance dont do harm just loves the yahoo.
    By the way I cant remember when any of the cats delivered or killed an animals they wont even chase the mice, they look and carry on snoozing.
    I think you feed them enough I think they cant be bothered, and no only one is fat and he was literally a real wild cat and he is huge.

2 people like this.
  12. MeAgain

MeAgain Dazed & Confused Lifetime Supporter Super Moderator

Oh yes.

Seems the only water available in the entire world is the water that comes out of my bathroom sink faucet.
    So she can't really go too far or stay away too long.

1 person likes this.