Whats So Great About Diversity Anyway?

Discussion in 'U.K.' started by Vanilla Gorilla, Jun 5, 2017.

1. Rots in hell

Rots in hell Senior Member

could this be why ?

According to the Nazis' racist ideology, Arabs are racial Semites and thus subhumans, similar to Jews. In his book, Mein Kampf, Hitler described the struggle for world domination as an ongoing racial, cultural and political battle between Aryans and non-Aryans. He envisaged a "ladder" of racial hierarchy, asserting that German "Aryans" were at the top of the ladder, while Jews and Gypsies were consigned to the bottom of the order. On Hitler's racial ladder, Arabs and Muslims occupied a servile place, held in much the same contempt as the Jews.,br> Hitler made a personal remark in 1939 in which he referred to the populace of the Middle East as "painted half-apes that ought to feel the whip".

2. morrow

morrow Visitor

They didn't fight as Muslim, they were Indian, all they were the Gurkhas.. religion had nothing to do with it. To this day there are still Gurkha's in the British army..
    They were pleased to work along us, due to the fact we were in their country protecting them in the India wars.. my own mother was born out there, as was spike Milligan, cliff Richard..etc etc.. wasn't a religious thing Bill..

Oh yeah, we gave them the railways, literally.. and it's still the same stuff to this day, we allow them to train to become doctors in our country, to look after their people.. no religion involved

3. BlackBillBlake

BlackBillBlake resigned HipForums Supporter

You're saying no muslims fought for Britain during WWI? I said before they were Indian, as India had yet to be carved up. Pakistan, one of the wonderful things we bequeathed to India, didn't yet exist.. And the fact they were mixed muslims, hindus and sikhs isn't the point.

The reason we have immigration here from the Indian sub-continent of various religious and ethnic groups is because their forefathers served the British empire in one way or another.

4. morrow

morrow Visitor

5. BlackBillBlake

Indians aren't a problem.

The problem in this country is these radicalized Islamist psychos. I don't know how we can deal with it. So far, the authorities don't seem to be on top of the game.

And it's not that I'm saying we are responsible for our ancestors doings - but we have to try to keep some sense of perspective and history helps us to see how this present situation has come about.
    I don't think though it gives us many clues as to how we can defeat this new kind of threat. 'When fighting monsters, be sure that you yourself do not become a monster'. There's the challenge I think.

6. Rots in hell

No the problem in this country is that the Muslims want to live here ( I have no problem with that ) But that they want to change This country To their way of life , Their rules and their Laws rather than accepting ours !
    the intent of the Islamist is to take over the world and its happening and all people seem to be doing about it is making excuses for them !

7. morrow

morrow Visitor

I think it's a new Muslim religion that's happening Bill.. that's what needs dealing with..

The last 3.. one was Italian/Moroccan.. never seen that coming!

I think the mistake being made, is that all Muslims are Indian, not true.

But that is where I believe the problem is.. in this world there is too much violence, and these idiots are part of it. Look at our streets.. guns, knives, everyday things now, we have to stop the violence, and the terrorist part is to deal with the religion. I just don't know how without being unfair to the elders. Maybe that's it..

1 person likes this.
  8. Rots in hell

This is interesting !

http://www.inquiryintoislam.com/2010/08/islams-prime-directive.html

In other words, the religion of Islam arose where there was no external imposition of limits, and it developed a religious doctrine quite different from other religions we are familiar with. Islamic doctrines unapologetically advocate the use of force, warfare, deceit, fear, torture, and slaughter to bring the law of Allah to the world. This sounds really horrible, but I'm not making this up. You can verify this all yourself, and I wish you would. You should start by reading the Quran. It has been made relatively easy for you.

9. BlackBillBlake

No doubt you've got a point there. I think the problem is that if they accepted our laws and values, they'd be going against the religion in one way or another.

But yes - if you come to live here, you should accept the values of the country. I don't think I've ever said any differently.

10. unfocusedanakin

unfocusedanakin The Archaic Revival Lifetime Supporter

That's what you want to do. And we did not kill them all. We raped some and used the rest for cheap labor. I mean we Americans are a practical people. And the white people can't do hard work.

I'm not trying to be upset anyone but your own goverment is doing this to you. There is no Muslim conspiracy. They win if you loose yourself to all this hate. You really think the SAS misses these things? They don't.

11. BlackBillBlake

Violence is a very big problem. Somehow these days, everything seems more stressful, people are wired, there's so much uncertainty and fear. Things that have been bubbling under the surface of history for a long time seem to be hitting us hard. Islam is certainly part of the problem. Perhaps one of the most difficult to deal with. With other big issues like the environment you can see how we could with the political will, do things to try to alleviate the trouble. But with this - I don't know where you start

1 person likes this.
  12. jpdonleavy

jpdonleavy Members

It's really about culture most of the time. Say you're a white lawyer and on the plane you have a choice whether to sit with a black lawyer or a white van driver. Which is most like you. That's potentially a class difference - or, it could just be that you expect the black lawyer will have some similar interests and similar attitudes and even if he differs politically, he'll likely argue his corner cogently and eschew ad hominem arguments (won't descend to simple personal attacks).

That same black lawyer might roll his eyes at the thought of, say, hundreds of Somalis flooding into his town. He may feel just the same as his white counterpart. Thus, he's an ally. Most apparent racial issues are actually reflections of class and culture.

If I am a pigeon fancier and my neighbour on one side is a Sikh pigeon fancier and my neighbour on the other side is a white painter-decorator, who am I likely to gravitate toward for a relaxed conversation or for tips on how to overcome a sudden outbreak of the dreaded pigeon lurg?

Shouting racist is generally just a bunch of cock, as we say once our trenches are dug and we're relaxing with a big enamel mug of char

13. SpacemanSpiff

SpacemanSpiff Visitor

id choose the driver for sure...he'll probably sleep the whole flight

the lawyer will probably yack all fucking trip on his phone or computer

dont care about their skin

14. jpdonleavy

jpdonleavy Members

Well - all races are racist - you should heaar American blacks talk about the Koreans who run the stores in their neighbourhoods - just try introducing a hutu to a tutsi. Japanese are pretty tense when you mention diversity and China is mainly Chinese. Russia doesn't seem to take any refugees at all and think of Middle Easterners as ragheads. Some Middle Easterners frown on other Middle Easterners and among the desert tribes there is a distinct division by class and ethnicity - sometimes down to the clan level and on and on and on.

It happens among animals too - if you're a little different looking they come and peck you to death.

When immigration is slow and measured, people have time to adjust and often give newcomers the benefit of the doubt. However, when they find their taxi, their mom and pop motel and their corner store suddenly taken over by people who barely speak their language they may remain polite but feel very tense

15. jpdonleavy

jpdonleavy Members

It's culture - the more someone resembles you in education, accent, attitudes etc the less you notice their race. There were blacks in high school with me and the guy I joined the navy with and boarded the train at Montreal for our training base in Nova Scotia was black - Ivan Springer (I hope he's had a long and successful life) but he didn't seem any different from me. There were other blacks in the Canadian navy and I didn't hear of any systemic racial problems (although there have been racial issues historically in Canada).

Blacks often lived in the same neighbourhood or street, whereas n the States they tended to live in different neighbourhoods so seemed more like strangers.

I think it's mainly culture.

You get exactly the same traditional schism twixt protestants and catholics in ulster but thy're the same race. Catholics are loyal to Rome, rather than to the State. Protestants are loyal to the state. Catholics are collectivist (despite the Vatican's anti-communism) whereas protestants are individualist.

However, the higher you go in class, the less enmity there is between the two communities. You don;'t get catholic and protestant doctors throwing molotov cocktails at each other

16. jpdonleavy

jpdonleavy Members

I'm not planning to dump on the Brits but I have lived amongst them and know their ways. Irish music is haunting, with intricate webs of minor keys and heart-wrenching instrumentals - British music is all in major keys in four four time - it's monotonous (not modern music - their folkways). Similar, the Irish are, for the most part, much more fluent and supple in english and have accents easier on the ear than the preponderance of Brits - although there is a coterie of Brits who speak with clear, relatively non-inflected accents.

There's also a viciousness about the english which I didn't find reflected n Ireland - Walking into the lobby of the Gresham hotel during a cup weekend, the entire floor is covered with Irish blokes drinking pints but they politely make way all the way along as you head to the elevators lol - British drunks, conversely, seem to hover on the verge of some or other homicidal action - watch you lookin at, know whatta mean guv, this is it innit

course it's a bit more peaceful in Marlow or Carshalton beaches or the Cain Valley Hotel in Llanfyllin (pronounced thlanvughlin)

The Welsh accent sounds vaguely similar to the Pakistani accent, which is rather baffling and the Welsh nation in general is very short of vowels, but has a trade surplus of consonants

17. jpdonleavy

jpdonleavy Members

There've always been blacks in Canada but traditionally they've been indistnguishable from whites in basic ways - schools, accents, attitudes etc - they also tended to come from the States or the Caribbean so they already spoke English and had analogous cultures.

More recent arrivals who don't speak english and have different cultural attitudes have changed that somewhat - same race - different people entirely - ore evidence that it's culture not race that affects attitudes

18. jpdonleavy

jpdonleavy Members

well Scotland's been part of the UK since 1701 or sme such and northern Ireland is a UK province - otherwise there wouldn't be a UK - there'd just be Britain (England and Wales)

19. jpdonleavy

jpdonleavy Members

When you wake up in the morning you want the security of living in a peaceful society - it's not 100% peaceful but threats to your life and property are kept down to a dull roar (as we used to say in Belfast). As you step out the front door, savouring that feeling, you don't give a fiddler's fuck what your ancestors did. This is now and this is how you want things to be, and this is what you will fight for.

20. Vanilla Gorilla

Vanilla Gorilla Go Ape

Exactly