Whats So Great About Diversity Anyway?

Discussion in 'U.K.' started by Vanilla Gorilla, Jun 5, 2017.

1. Vanilla Gorilla

Vanilla Gorilla Go Ape

In the UK forum because I wanted a more UK centric discussion, or as relating to the UK. That is, avoiding any Trump banter

But if the next government ( cough cough, Theresa May) were to cut immigration from Middle Eastern, African countries......would it be such a big deal?

plenty of other countries around the world with poor people that want a new life

So you dont have the entire united nations represented in your neighbourhood, .....so what? How exactly does that make anything better anyway?

Many people seem to act like one has an enlightened society for it, but what is actually improved ......versus say replacing imiigration quotas of libyian and syrian immigrants with polish immigrants or some other country of which new immigrants are going to be less trouble

Countries like Japan and China get away with not giving a toss about diversity, why is it a supposedly enlightened for what seems a few first world (mostly european) nations to think so?

So what if your street isnt racially diverse? How does it change anything if it isnt?

2 people like this.
  2. Joshua Tree

Joshua Tree Remain In Light

I think the world would be much better off with seven billion Vanilla Gorillas.

3. GLENGLEN

GLENGLEN Banned

Nooooooooooooooooooooooooooooooooooooooooooooo......One Is One Too Many....... :wall:

Cheers Glen.

2 people like this.
  4. The Imaginary Being

The Imaginary Being PAIN IN ASS Lifetime Supporter

people who wont accept diversity do risk fanning the flames of racial hatred. there should be no reason for this to be the case.

however, due to the brexit vote many people have assumed this is the case in the u.k

it is not racial hatred, it is the cost of on society that large migration has caused. let me start by stating that migration to the U.K is very high. we do offer a good quality of life. plus britain is a good solution for many because english has become a pan global language, and to me, offers common sense as to why many people come here. i hate it when the assumption is that people come here to 'scrounge of our benefit system' of what have you, it is not true in its purest sense. I cannot speak for all, however, who knows.

but whether it is altruistic or not, there is a basic problem with cost. case in point, the eu insists movement of people should be respected, but the decision for a spanish person to move to poland, it is simply less logical. the one thing that bothers me about the way the british have been painted can be summed up by one massive contradiction

why was it that we should remain in the eu was economically important? they insist that by leaving the eu we would suffer shortages of skills, trade, in fiscal related areas
    they stressed a supply side, economic argument.

however, considering economic once more, isn't unfettered immigration a clear economic concern? increased demand above the rate to which the country can cope. in an economic sense, or a business sense, that creates obvious problems. i wonder how many of the economists who made the arguments they did got to where they were without grasping the basics of supply and demand (101 kind of stuff).

they instead called it a racial argument. if it is part of economic policy (eu four freedoms) it should be treated as such and with common sense.

i will concede the idea of removing migration from the eu and adopting common wealth policy will inevitably mean migration deals from different countries instead. to this end, those who still insist on a stop to migration, when faced with this point, must be racially inclined. this being said, i have not met many people who truly hate migration and want it to end completely, the 'blatant' problem as foreseen has been made by in the papers.

so long story short, most in the u.k dont care. but you have to live and breath the problems the british do face. it is not a large country and i will say from my own personal experiences this has become more noticeable over the last 10 years definitely.

1 person likes this.
  5. Irminsul

Irminsul Valkyrie

Hey!! ^^ missed you. :)

I was waiting for others to comment on this before I did yesterday but I really feel it's just a part of the ploy of the "all races living together" propaganda. It's Hollywood ideal.

I live in a place predominately white. Turns out some cultures don't like thin air and frozen winters. Everything works here without the diversity though.

Don't discriminate, remember, we is all equal. :) so if we are all equals and one singular human race where is the diversity to begin with?

See. All fluff. All propaganda. All bullshit. Hypocrisy.

That's why I can't stand that term human race, we aren't. We are diverse and we should celebrate it or at the very least hold some dignity for ourselves. If we were really one race we'd not even have this discussion I think.

I mean, we needed zero cultural diversity for almost our entire recorded history until my generation. My parents generation didn't need it, and neither did anyone else before them. Now that's not racist and it's not segregation, it's just people fitted in where they felt comfortable and not every culture is going to feel comfortable around all other cultures. My dog alone would scare several cultures away from spending any time with me. Over a dog right.

But in the movies and the TV shows you have this diversity, which again is my generations attribute to the propaganda, because it became politically incorrect to have a street full of yella bellies when that's more true to accurate IRL records anyway, but that's not politically correct so we shouldn't advertise like that through the media, we need to be diverse and we need to make the people believe in it.

Now sure I'm going to have some folks I think talk me down as racist here but I think you're missing the point if you go down that route, it's just the way I feel is, if it doesn't matter who's black and who's white and who's Asian and who's African and who's a Muslim... if none of that matters because we are all one, then why does it matter who's living next door or down the street? Or whether Joe Bloggs runs a takeaway store and Ahmed Zunzabar drives a taxi cab?

6. Piaf

Piaf Senior Member

[​IMG]

6 people like this.
  7. Piaf

Piaf Senior Member

Look at this lovely British class

[​IMG]

1 person likes this.
  8. Irminsul

Irminsul Valkyrie

Now that's a random as class room if I ever saw one if it was ever real lol. They should make them grow up and go to college together and see the results as an experiment. Who knows probably prove us wrong lol.

1 person likes this.
  9. Joshua Tree

This is a good thread for drawing out the racists amongst us.

https://youtu.be/qB0ZOu_EZ2M

10. SpacemanSpiff

SpacemanSpiff Visitor

is it really racism though if its based on your life experience dealing with "certain" types?

3 people like this.
  11. BlackBillBlake

BlackBillBlake resigned HipForums Supporter

My experience is that I've had many more problems from white Brits than any other group.

12. Joshua Tree

What "certain types" are you referring to?

13. SpacemanSpiff

SpacemanSpiff Visitor

im saying its natural to be "racist"

a cow might be constantly getting stung by "certain" yellow coloured flying objects.....so some innocent little yellow coloured flying thing that looks and acts like all the other little yellow flying things that sting come near the cow and the cow sees it land near her foot so the cow decides to stomp it based solely on the fact that this cow is tired of getting stung on her legs by little yellow flying things

is that a racist cow?...or is it a smart cow who is aplying her learned knowledge to protect herself ...

1 person likes this.
  14. alrighthalfleft

alrighthalfleft Members

whys that bill?

15. Joshua Tree

Associative learning is the most basic form of learning. We are capable of conceptual learning, e.g. that not everyone of a given ethnic background behaves in the same way, there are reasons for people's patterns of behaviour, that all humans should have rights, that being of one ethnic background does not make you inherently superior to or more deserving than another, that no one ethnic group has a God-given right to the planet at the expense of everyone else.

16. SpacemanSpiff

SpacemanSpiff Visitor

ok i think youre saying its perfectly fine then

because god made the cow capable of making decisions and of course gave it the ability to stomp :)

17. Joshua Tree

I think you missed the point I was trying to make, namely that unlike cows we are capable of rational thought.

18. Rots in hell

Rots in hell Senior Member

Or blind faith I am afraid

19. BlackBillBlake

BlackBillBlake resigned HipForums Supporter

The tories for one. The establishment in general.

20. alrighthalfleft

alrighthalfleft Members

oh ok bill THATS NOT US IN GENERAL THEN