Long Ago & Far Away I Was A Wild Young Guy.

Discussion in 'Introduce Yourself!' started by koda209, Jun 4, 2017.

1. koda209

koda209 Members

Has anyone out there gotten old and just now realized it? When I was younger I did lots of smoke and some pills, I did any woman who would give me the time of day and I even did any guy who smiled or winked in my direction. Now, after two children, three wives and three divorces I find myself wondering where I went wrong? What happened to all the great music? The women still look inviting and wanton but my get up and go done left without me. And the boys won't even look my way any longer. Aw shit, I must have slipped into OLD AGE without realizing it. I've even thought about ending it all, but The Man Upstairs just chuckles every morning when I wake up and whispers, "Not today sucker, NOT TODAY!"

2. makihiko

makihiko Official hippie since 2005

I'm sure that this happens to all of us with time. we change and become new people as we enter new phases of our life. This time must not be about sex and drugs, it's time to enjoy these parts of your life, differently.

I used to also take lots of drugs and have sex with everyone. but now, I just don't have the up and go! I completely understand. but I now have an appreciation for different things, things I used to find very boring, lol.

Welcome to the community! this post may get more replies if you try a different section of the forums, this place is usually just for introductions, and this post might get more responses in say, the men's issue section

you can reach that forum by clicking this link https://www.hipforums.com/forum/forum/219-mens-issues/

3. slowtony

slowtony Members

Of course makihiko is a gracious welcomer, and philosphical about "new phases of our life". There is another persepective. The description on my Instagram says "Still trying to figure out what I want to be when I grow up."

4. WOLF ANGEL

WOLF ANGEL Senior Member - A Fool on the Hill Lifetime Supporter

"As time goes by" - there is greater reflection upon ones. memories "Those were the days" - for better, for worse - although whilst one can often wish it was "yesterday once more" - it is moreover a time to both advocate, promote and indulge in the words of J.J.R. Tolkein

"All we have to decide is what to do with the time that is given us.”