London Pedestrian Van Attack Again!

Discussion in 'Latest Hip News Stories' started by morrow, Jun 3, 2017.

1. Vanilla Gorilla

Vanilla Gorilla Go Ape

At least a sea of bollards to be built, in every major city of the world where there are going to be lots of pedestrians.

Not just for terrorism. Concrete barriers, blocks of sandstone, not that expensive.

I was surprised at the Times Square one, a location like that, you shouldnt able to get on the footpath with a vehicle.

Even if its just about a truck driver having a heart attack, failed brakes

2. hotwater

hotwater Senior Member Lifetime Supporter

Third attack this year in London....................

LONDON, June 4 (Reuters) - At least six people were killed by attackers near London Bridge on Saturday, police said. Police said three attackers drove a vehicle into pedestrians on London Bridge and then stabbed people in Borough Market. "Armed response officers then responded very quickly and bravely and confronted the three male suspects who were shot and killed on Borough Market," Mark Rowley, Britain's top anti-terrorism officer, said. "Sadly, six people have died in addition to the three attackers shot by police," he said. "The suspects had been confronted and shot by police within eight minutes of the first call. The suspects were wearing what looked like explosive vests but these were later established to be hoaxes,"

http://www.msn.com/en-us/news/world/uk-police-rush-to-three-attacks-in-central-london-at-least-one-dead/ar-BBBV0Ez

3. Vanilla Gorilla

Vanilla Gorilla Go Ape

Explain what is going on in the Phillipines then.

4. buddhabelly420

buddhabelly420 Banned

as a Londoner and a proud Londoner, my thoughts and prayers are with the victims and the injured and the city, as a Brit, i am seriously concerned about my country, how much more have to die before this ends? we are the most watched nation and yet this keeps happening. secondly before everybody starts banging on about banning Muslims and stopping migration and refugees from coming to England, that will not change anything as every attack on British soil has been committed by British-born terrorist, I angry, sad, scared all at once as I don't see an answer, I am angry at the politicians who never suffer for the choices they make. what is happen it's just such a scary time

5. Piaf

Piaf Senior Member

It's the caliphates nature to spread and conquer.
    Don't they have like a 5 year plan that we all laughed at?
    I think in the 5 year plan Italy is the border, but still...they want to spread their version of Islam, and conquer.
    Meh, they won't be needing an army soon, since they breed like crazyyyyyyy.

1 person likes this.
  6. leeds85

leeds85 Member

Queue the politicians telling us that we can't let terrorist stop our way of life, while just out of shot are their armed body guards. Everyone go about your normal business, in other words don't stop spending your money or that really will be a problem for politicians. The chances of something happening to you are very slim they'll say, but it doesn't give much comfort to those effected by these attacks.
    We didn't stand up to the Nazis to have to put up with this shit x times a year, armed forces have lost their lives or maimed in recent years and for what? The country is in a worse position then 20yrs ago. Whatever you believe the cause is for all this it ain't going to go away on its own, we'll be putting up with this forever just like the peoples in the middle east have unless action is taken.

2 people like this.
  7. tumbling.dice

tumbling.dice Visitor

Do you believe that pedestrians are a legitimate target?

1 person likes this.
  8. The Walking Dickhead

The Walking Dickhead orbiter of helion

Obviously that is not what he is saying.

9. Rots in hell

Rots in hell Senior Member

More Bullshit These people are ( DELIBERATELY ) attacking civilians ! A soft target
    If they want to fight fight against British soldiers [​IMG]

1 person likes this.
  10. morrow

morrow Visitor

Well said..

Or politicians..

The scum cowards doing this are usually British born, so send their parents and family back to their place of origin.. that's the only punishment, then let them be shown for what they are.. let them punish their families.

1 person likes this.
  11. Rots in hell

Have said that many times 100% behind you on that one
    Send the families of Terrorist Back to their Country of origin ! They know whats going on ! How could they not ??

12. Ged

Ged Tits and Thigh Man.

I regularly take the tube into Leicester Square on Saturdays, but am now rethinking that. I fear an attack on the the London underground system is imminent. London is vulnerable, unless we put the army out on the streets. I hope it doesn't come to that.

1 person likes this.
  13. Rots in hell

Stay safe Ged keep your eyes open !!

14. morrow

morrow Visitor

I double that. Stay safe, but don't let them stop you living your life.

15. buddhabelly420

buddhabelly420 Banned

i am affrid your wrong, july the 7 bombers where british born (born in britain) so was the london bridge attacker and so was the manchester bomber

1 person likes this.
  16. Joshua Tree

Joshua Tree Remain In Light

No. But nobody gives a fuck about the hundreds of thousands of Muslim civilians whom the West have killed.

To me it now looks like the only way the UK can protect its' civilians from extremist terrorism is internment of suspects without trial. So we sacrifice freedoms for the sake of security.

1 person likes this.
  17. morrow

morrow Visitor

I think no one in the west wants people needlessly killed, it's our government with our armed forces, not us doing the killing, these terrorist are neither, they deliberately target inoccent people, that's the difference.
    If you think there is no difference, then your not looking at the entire issues.
    Like Muslims give up their sons to fight, we have to stop ours.
    Terrorists are just that, out to cause terror because it's what they like to do, like a bully, like an abuser.. and they need stopping

1 person likes this.
  18. Meliai

Meliai Banned

The thing is, when you've grown up in the Middle East and you've seen American and UK fighters accidentally, or in some cases "accidentally" miss their target and kill a hundred civilians, it makes little difference whether it was an accident or not. Would it to you? Civilian casialities during the Iraq war were pretty high, I doubt the friends and families of the victims care about the accidental or deliberate nature of it.

When you've grown up around invading armies and civilian casualities are a way of life and war is all you know, it isnt hard to figure out why radicalization occurs

But I do agree with you that the radicalization of UK citizens is a different and thornier issue. Some are probably taught by family, some are reached through ISIS recruitment videos...I dunno really, I don't quite understand what causes a western born citizen to become an extremist or what can be done to combat it

1 person likes this.
  19. 6-eyed shaman

6-eyed shaman Sock-eye salmon

Now, we are at the point where we need to clarify which UK terrorist attack we are talking about. :(

20. morrow

morrow Visitor

I know, it's awful :(

21. The Walking Dickhead

The Walking Dickhead orbiter of helion

Suicide rates among Iraq vets are pretty high, in the US anyway. The thing that drove one vet to take his own life was, according to his dad anyway, a time shortly after the bombing campaign had stopped and the country was full of orphaned and homeless children, starving because there was no food. They started throwing rocks at the US soldiers, and it was becoming a problem. So they were then given the order to shoot them dead. Some of the soldiers refused to comply, but they were shot anyway. (I saw this in a documentary a few years ago, can't remember where)

And everyone seems to have forgotten about Abu Ghraib. How we kidnapped suspects from their homes and locked them up and tortured them.

Don't try and tell me that it's only the jihadists who deliberately target innocent civilians.

22. 6-eyed shaman

6-eyed shaman Sock-eye salmon

Now, Theresa May thinks regulating the internet will stop UK terrorist attacks.

They'll find any excuse they can to wage war on free speech.