How Can We Inspire Others To Discover Barefoot Is Better Then Life In Shoes ?

Discussion in 'Barefoot' started by TheGreatShoeScam, Jun 2, 2017.

1. TheGreatShoeScam

TheGreatShoeScam Members

With me it started as a challenge, I knew that other people could navigate the world barefoot without a problem and that I had "carpet feet" meaning I was unable to walk on most surfaces without discomfort. Just walking on the pavement around the block was a lot and would hurt.

I just decided to work on it and what I discovered was not what I expected. Of course my feet adapted and my skills at navigating my steps improved but what I did not expect was my awareness of "I am barefoot" disappeared.

It is hard to explain but I certainly don't spend the whole day thinking I am barefoot instead the opposite, it turned into normal and the old thoughts of I need my shoes never even occurs to me.

The advice I would give to anyone taking up the sport of barefooting is to start leaving your shoes in the car. I did that just so I would not have to look for them if I was going out to barefoot unfriendly territory but what happened was without shoes in the house it broke the habit of putting on shoes as part of my morning routine. This is when the awareness of being barefoot as a condition of "I am missing something" really started going away.

I spent most of my life with the belief that I needed shoes to function cause of the way it used to feel without them, like my feet were too fragile and without shoes I was somehow disabled.

2. TheGreatShoeScam

TheGreatShoeScam Members

Then there is how barefooting helps with anxiety and depression. Now that's even more difficult for me to explain. It seems like that when barefooting the mental energy that might be hijacked by an anxious worry thought or a depressing one is instead used for barefoot navigation. Its easy to just plod over everything without thinking in shoes but barefooting does take more attention. I thought of that one day when I was stuck wearing shoes.

3. soulcompromise

soulcompromise Member HipForums Supporter

I went to the beach in flip flops yesterday.. I know this doesn't count as bare, but after I had to walk around my apartment barefoot because the sandals were bugging my feet. It wasn't so much the straps, but on the bottom of my right foot I could feel a hotspot. There would have been a blister, but I'm careful not to aggravate my feet to that point. I hate blisters. :)

4. I'minmyunderwear

I'minmyunderwear Newbie

could have fooled me.

i keep my shoes in my car too. actually, it seems like more and more of my life is getting stored there and never actually making it into the house.

1 person likes this.
  5. GLENGLEN

GLENGLEN Banned

I Encourage Others By Setting A Good Example......[​IMG]

Cheers Glen.

6. Vanilla Gorilla

Vanilla Gorilla Go Ape

There is always rohypnol, then when they are out cold you could steal all their shoes

7. drumminmama

drumminmama Super Moderator Super Moderator

Why is it important for you to convince others to do as you do?
    Why not just live?

8. TheGreatShoeScam

TheGreatShoeScam Members

Doesn't everyone want to change the world even just a little ?

"One saleswoman I spoke to at a running-shoe store described how, each summer, the store is flooded with young women complaining of a painful tingling in the soles of their feet—what she calls “flip-flop-itis,” which is the result of women’s suddenly switching from heeled winter boots to summer flip-flops. This is the shoe paradox: We’ve come to believe that shoes, not bare feet, are natural and comfortable, when in fact wearing shoes simply creates the need for wearing shoes. http://nymag.com/health/features/46213/index1.html "

That is one of the most thorough articles online but that line says it all - Wearing shoes simply creates the need for wearing shoes.

I think its a healthy hobby spreading the word about the great shoe scam, its was finding this stuff online that liberated me from the belief that my feet were too fragile to function without being stuck in a shoe all day. I am just paying it forward.

Another good cause is "cut cable" I got rid of cable a long time ago and I don't miss it at all, when I go to other peoples houses and one of the dumbshit dumb you down channels is on the TV I am just like WTF that is awful. I watched TV every day my whole life but now I am just like how do people even watch that mindless crap ?

I never set out to cut cable, I moved but had a free WIFI and so much was going on that I never got to calling cable long enough that I realized I am just fine without it.

Its the weirdest thing not noticing your a slave until after you are set free.

9. tumbling.dice

tumbling.dice Visitor

I'd do it more often but I'm just sick of being asked to leave stores...and I live in Kentucky of all places!

10. soulcompromise

soulcompromise Member HipForums Supporter

So I tried on my flip flops again the day before yesterday I think. It was also the straps, not just the bottom of my feet. I was about to leave the house in them but though better of it and changed into something else.

11. Barefoot-boy

Barefoot-boy Member

I've experienced trouble with flip flops too, my feet are pretty sensitive. If the sandals are rubber, you can put a little Vasoline jelly on the straps. The straps will roll off your skin better.

12. fatelvis

fatelvis Member

I think that for getting people to discover their own barefoot adventures, the best thing you can do is to go barefoot, be polite, and tip your servers well.

I've seen more bare feet in places where I was routinely the only one. I have to assume that at least some of those people saw me and thought, "Cool. I didn't know that was allowed."