Fresh Face- Hallo Everyone

Discussion in 'Introduce Yourself!' started by amber adam, Jun 1, 2017.

1. amber adam

amber adam Members

Hallo everyone! Thought i'd stop by and say hallo. I reckon that's the right way to do it. Glad to be here and looking forward to great chit chats! [​IMG]

1 person likes this.
  2. morrow

morrow Visitor

Hi Amber Adam.. welcome to hip

3. Irminsul

Irminsul Valkyrie

I reckon thass an alright way to do it too. :)
    Hello. :)

4. amber adam

amber adam Members

Glad to be part of the community! Thanks guys! [​IMG]

5. Scratched

Scratched Members

Welcome! [​IMG]

6. makihiko

makihiko Official hippie since 2005

Welcome to the community!

we are here to chit and chat! so hit us up! see you 'round to forums!

7. Crystal_Nocked

Crystal_Nocked Members

since you too did this, and are new...I gotta question for you...

why do so many members fear to post even their gender? Or where they're from? I don't get it, really. Are some people really so intimidated or paranoid about....what...somebody from here stalking them, that they give out zero personal info?

I realize that for chicks this might be a bit different. But still, what harm or chance of personal privacy invasion could possibly come from divulging such a basic thing as your sex? I for one find that a good deal of the allure of engaging on a forum like this is to meet new and interesting people and learn about them and how different demographics, genders, and cultures feel about various issues. So when I go to a profile page and see nothing of worth there, I dunno...I just feel sort of slighted. Like, how honest and forthcoming and credible is this person's content gonna be when they do not even offer someting as basic and mundane as sex?

Anyway...just curious. I REALLY don't get it when a DUDE does not give his gender. Or when he will not tell where he is from, even when asked. What's that all about? Was this dude like, bullied alot as a child or some such? LOL.

Me? I will answer just about anything. Maybe not about my wife, but sure about me? Yeah. I also like to do it for some advertising for my flying business. And have already got two members here to promise to use our services when they come visit Austin.

Have fun here.

Good to meet you.

Sort of...

LOL

C

8. slowtony

slowtony Members

Welcome amber adam, we're both new! And to Christal_Nocked, you don't want to tell us your age either. amber adam has a photo. In this day and age, gender is a fluid concept for many, especially young people. It may be that M of F doesn't completely tell the story, or that they simply think "how is that relevant?" You are a long time poster here. I'm sure that you want to make this a welcoming and safe space. Perhaps you didn't think that your comment to a new member might give them pause. -tony

9. WOLF ANGEL

WOLF ANGEL Senior Member - A Fool on the Hill Lifetime Supporter

"Hail and Welcome" Amber - Engagement through Communication is the best form of 'mutual' Education - Enjoy :)

10. amber adam

amber adam Members

I updated it. I have no problem being a woman..i actually wouldn't trade it at all! I love it.

1 person likes this.
  11. I'minmyunderwear

I'minmyunderwear Newbie

a lot of people here talk about drug use, or weird sex stuff, or any number of other things that they probably don't want their boss to find out about. i think that is a large part of why some remain anonymous.

and then, anonymity allows for greater amounts of honesty, even about mundane stuff, for some people. most people have things about themselves that they don't share publicly, but on an anonymous forum they have an outlet to talk about it.

and some of it's just laziness. i don't know how much information is in my profile, but i just don't find it important enough to bother with. i'll answer most direct questions, but i see no need to go in and put my life story in my profile.

and yeah, some people are just fake personas.

1 person likes this.
  12. Justmewill

Justmewill Members

Wassup everyone I'm new to this but I like the site

13. KL71

KL71 Yanks since '81/Fins since '83 :)

Greetings Amber! How do you like the Forums so far? Boston and London? Interesting! I've never been to London, but have definitely been in and through Boston many times! I was just through there on Friday and Saturday (involving an overnight to the Portland, Maine area). [​IMG] [​IMG]

14. amber adam

amber adam Members

Def more time in spent in London then Boston. I met my husband and because of work related reasons once in a while we have to make trips there. Okay, thats enough private information for now Sir :policeman: haha

1 person likes this.
  15. KL71

KL71 Yanks since '81/Fins since '83 :)

London Bobby and all? Perhaps! My apologies for that! Seriously though, enjoy your day! [​IMG]