Kathy Griffin

Discussion in 'People' started by Aerianne, May 31, 2017.

1. Aerianne

Aerianne Lifetime Supporter Lifetime Supporter

Kathy Griffin has been fired from CNN for her bloody, "decapitated head of Trump" photos.

Griffin apologized.

The photographer didn't.

In an interview with the New York Daily News, Shields defended the pair's decision to share the graphic picture because it was made in the name of freedom of expression.
    "It's art," he told the Daily News. "I cannot stress enough that I respect the presidency of the United States and would never want anyone to be killed. But it's art. When you make art, you can do anything you want."

"CNN has terminated our agreement with Kathy Griffin to appear on our New Year’s Eve program," the network said in a statement."We found what [Griffin] did disgusting and offensive.

http://www.rollingstone.com/culture/news/kathy-griffin-apologizes-for-graphic-anti-trump-photo-shoot-w485108

2. I feel like people get upset just to get upset. I mean it's Kathy Griffin...she's not in a position of authority whatsoever. On the contrary, she's a comedian known for doing outlandish shit and no one takes her seriously. But no, we can't have any context in America...we just have to do whatever it takes to cure the boredom.

As for getting fired from CNN...I'd put that shit on my resume. CNN sucks.

1 person likes this.
  3. Meliai

Meliai Banned

I thought this was gross and tasteless and doesn't help anyone's cause

But I do appreciate the irony in the trumpets being so offended over this. You know, the same trumpets who have been whining for months about how they hate liberal snowflakes who are too easily offended. Jajaja

2 people like this.
  4. Crystal_Nocked

Crystal_Nocked Members

So..yeah...this is great news.

A twit like Kathy Griffin never had any business working for CNN.

She's a second rate comedienne.

There are about a dozen or so celebrities who I'd pay money to punch in the head Everytime I see them.

She's one of them.

Right up there with Simon Cowell and James Spader and Sarah silverman.

LOL

1 person likes this.
  5. morrow

morrow Visitor

Trump's hair isn't that good..

1 person likes this.
  6. 6-eyed shaman

6-eyed shaman Sock-eye salmon

I'm amazed CNN fired her to be honest

7. Lynnbrown

Lynnbrown Firecracker

Kathy Griffin has never been my cup of tea...

but she IS a comedienne, or passes for one even if I don't find her particularly funny.

Nobody REALLY thought she was holding his decapitated head up...I mean good grief...

Talk about us being snowflakes. :D lol

8. guerillabedlam

guerillabedlam _|=|-|=|_

If she didn't have ties to a news company I don't know how I'd feel about it, but I think it's an appropriate response by CNN.

9. Pressed_Rat

Pressed_Rat Do you even lift, bruh?

Manufactured controversy while the world burns.

3 people like this.
  10. newo

newo Lifetime Supporter Lifetime Supporter

She went too far but I'm not upset. The anti-Trump frenzy is building toward fever pitch!

11. Lynnbrown

Lynnbrown Firecracker

Well

COVFEFE

will fix it!!!

:D

2 people like this.
  12. unfocusedanakin

unfocusedanakin The Archaic Revival Lifetime Supporter

It's funny to me that a violent image is so upsetting to the Trump supporter when you consider the gun culture I am sure many are a part of. The whole idea of that (which they LOVE to discuss) is a violent war. I need this in case I need to cut a few heads off.

"violent liberals" huh? Which one owns the guns? Those things are not for baking cookies. Their only purpose is to kill something be that a man or animal.

Obviously she did what she did to get attention. When was the last time you thought of her? She's a D list comedian. No press is worse than bad press.

I think Trump needs to realize this will happen again though. The hate he has is unlike ANY other politician in US history. It's only fair the other side can use violence as a tool too in the way I heard the second amendment used.

Not that I support it but to be fair the idea that through violence a better goverment will come to be is very American. When a bad man comes that is what the gun is for or the sword which I guess is better for cutting heads off.

13. Vanilla Gorilla

Vanilla Gorilla Go Ape

What the hell happened to Kathy Griffin?

I hadnt seen her in a while, all of a sudden this pops up, I see a creature with Kathys voice that looks like.....well looks like...I dont know, what the hell............

1 person likes this.
  14. jpdonleavy

jpdonleavy Members

I guess it's performance art - probably a bit over the top - next they'll be carrying around posters of Haile Selassie chewing bubble gum

15. jpdonleavy

jpdonleavy Members

DEFINITELY Simon Cowell. If you get into crowd-funding your dream please get in touch. I'll contribute 50 bucks

1 person likes this.
  16. jpdonleavy

jpdonleavy Members

target shooting, skeet shooting and getting dinner - all legitimate. I guess you take a dim view of archery

17. unfocusedanakin

All this is done so when one shoots an animal or person it will be more accurate. I've been around several gun owners and done target shooting. The water cooler talk during it was always how this would apply to home invasions and how they wished they could really test their skills.

18. Aerianne

Aerianne Lifetime Supporter Lifetime Supporter

You work with weirdos.

19. unfocusedanakin

Yes they were very odd people. They had to shot each other when they got mad too. I'm not kidding it was fine among this group to put a bullet in the other guy's ass. Kind of like a prank and always done with a small bullet that does not penetrate deep. They agreed not to do it anywhere lethal but the butt is just fat so it's OK. Each of them had gotten a bullet at least once and it was forgiven over a beer.

They said they would never do it to me and that was the truth at least. They were friendly.

One of these people later accidentally killed his elderly neighbor when he shot his gun and it went through the wall into his apartment. He was never charged because this being Ameirca and his house being broken in to it was self defense gone wrong.

20. Piney

Piney Lifetime Supporter Lifetime Supporter

Fox will hire her.