Our Absurd Level Of Politcal Correctness.....

Discussion in 'People' started by Crystal_Nocked, May 31, 2017.

1. I'minmyunderwear

I'minmyunderwear Newbie

south park didn't even get really good until probably 3 or 4 seasons in, it probably went a good 10 seasons or so before it started to turn stale. but yeah, the return of family guy is one of the most annoying things in the world to me. it was such a great show until it got cancelled, then it came back as one of the worst shows ever and that's when it actually became popular.

1 person likes this.
  2. SpacemanSpiff

SpacemanSpiff Visitor

kind of sounds like hipforums

GeorgeJetStoned and Aerianne like this.
  3. 6-eyed shaman

6-eyed shaman Sock-eye salmon

I still love south park. It is a necessary slap in the face to everything in pop culture.

4. Eric!

Eric! Lifetime Supporter Lifetime Supporter

Agreed. I ran out of "Likes" or else you would have got one from me.

5. scratcho

scratcho Lifetime Supporter Lifetime Supporter

Yeah, let it roll as far as I'm concerned. I suppose as someone said--it's to protect the kiddies. I did see Seeking Mr Goodbar uncensored on a station in Florida years ago.

6. scratcho

The OP said that republicans don't legislate morality-----that's no shit.

piitaasann likes this.
  7. Lee JBartholomew Baker

Lee JBartholomew Baker Banned

I've got my own Breatkast Club in My Kneck of the Woods. It is a kind of post-graduate punishment for enlightened souls and anti-establishmentarians just like the movie, which I need to watch again. I think that's Emilio Estevez if I'm remembering currectly. Whatever happened to that dude? A really sharp cat. I always liked him a shade more than his step-brother Sheen. Although I think Sheen is brilliant as well.

8. Lee JBartholomew Baker

Lee JBartholomew Baker Banned

Hudson Hawk is the fast-forwarded version in premier cabinet file mode of DIE HARD. No. Really it is the slow-motion version.

9. newbie-one

newbie-one one with the newbiverse

when were the great years, and why was it cancelled?

10. Okiefreak

Okiefreak Senior Member

Political correctness is in the eye of the beholder. The right wing makes a big deal about it, but there is plenty of it from conservative quarters as well. Saying "Happy holidays" instead of "Merry Christmas", or anything negative about "free enterprise" can get you ostracized from society in my neck of the woods or vilified on Fox. The Trump Administration has recently blacklisted seven words from use by the CDC: "science-based","transgender", "diversity", "entitlement", "vulnerable","fetus", and "evidence-based". (HHS says the policy is a "rcecommendation" instead of a ban.) Remember "freedom fries" during the Iraq War, when the Frenchies were regarded as feckless allies? The decision of NFL football players to bend a knee during the national anthem has become tantamount to treason and disrespect toward our men and women in uniform. Flag burning is still considered beyond the pale in conservative quarters, and a blastocyst in a Petrie dish must be called a "baby". Remember in the 2016 election campaign when wikileaks leaked private emails hacked from Clinton campaign chair John Podesta.? The "bombshell" disclosures were comments by John Halpin at the Center for American Progress and Jennifer Palmieri at the Clinton campaign which were characterized as "anti-Catholic'. Despite the fact that Podesta, Halpin and Palmieri were all Catholics, Fox balleyhooed this as revealing unacceptable anti-Catholic bias in the Clinton camp and demanded an apology. As a further guide to right wing political correctness see Conservative correctness - RationalWiki

Last edited: Dec 19, 2017
  11. scratcho

"Republicans know how morality is supposed to work." hahhahahahahhahahahahahahahahahahahahahahahahahahahahahahha ------oh man---thanks for that one ! Made my year!!

Last edited: Dec 19, 2017
    piitaasann likes this.
  12. I'minmyunderwear

I'minmyunderwear Newbie

i think the original run was 3 seasons. 2000 to 2002, approximately? it was canceled due to low ratings. then adult swim started running the old episodes and it was a hit on there, so they brought it back a few years later, except this time it was terrible. the same thing happened with futurama; old episodes were super popular on adult swim after it was canceled, so they brought it back for a few more seasons. the difference being that the new futurama episodes, while not on par with the original run, were still pretty good for the most part. so, of course, it got canceled again and family guy just goes on for eternity.

13. Meliai

Meliai Banned

EXACTLY

I have nothing to add, just quoting because I love the truth of this post so much

piitaasann likes this.
  14. Noserider

Noserider Goofy-Footed Member

What they call political correctness, my mother called manners.

piitaasann, Tyrsonswood and Meliai like this.
  15. Meliai

Meliai Banned

Absolutely. A lot of people who show a disdain for PC culture are in reality just rude. These same people romanticize the past as if people spoke their minds freely in the past without regards to anyone's feelings but in reality my polite to a fault grandmother and mother would rather die than say something rude that could possibly offend someone

Well my grandmother already died but I was struggling with the past perfect grammar or whatever so wrote in present tense lol

piitaasann and YouFreeMe like this.
  16. Everythinggirl

Everythinggirl I'll Be Your Mirror

I find it endlessly amusing when people go on hyper offended rants about people being offended. Priceless.

piitaasann, neoprene_queen and Meliai like this.
  17. Noserider

Noserider Goofy-Footed Member

My grandmother was a nurse. Back in the 40's and 50's, black and white babies--babies for God's sake!--had to be kept separate. Newborns of different color couldn't be in the same nursery. Anyway, she told me about it once. Even back then, she knew it was wrong. I'm paraphrasing, but she said something along the lines of how it made her realize that we as a society were entrenching the segregationist and racist ideals into people literally on day one.

So, I agree. This idea that everyone back in the day was rude or racist or sexist or whateverist isn't all that accurate. Really, I find the backlash against political correctness to be attempted justification for acting like an asshole.

Meliai likes this.
  18. Ged

Ged Tits and Thigh Man.

Just another level of thought police. As we all attempt to mould ourselves into responsible well behaved citizens, self-censorship and group think provides an anodyne alternative to the ugly truth...Shit, I haven't violated any of my principles. And they expect the little guy like me to care for all the global issues. Is it my fault I'm born lucky by circumstance. If I sat around pondering the plight and destitution of the violated and down-trodden all day I wouldn't be able to move for my supposed guilt. I'd help anyone in the moment if I could, but really, some people would help me more if they helped themselves.

magickman likes this.
  19. magickman

magickman Supporters HipForums Supporter

This is so true these days Ged...

Out of fashion from the political correctness police but very true.

20. Vanilla Gorilla

Vanilla Gorilla Go Ape