Culture Police Close Down A White Woman's Burrito Shop

Discussion in 'Latest Hip News Stories' started by Fueled by Coffee, May 28, 2017.

1. 6-eyed shaman

6-eyed shaman Sock-eye salmon

Very true..... I don't expect my words to change public opinion overnight. But reaching out to even a small number of people can make a small difference.

1 person likes this.
  2. GLENGLEN

GLENGLEN Banned

Good......What's The Worst Thing That Happen...??......They Throw Your Letter In The Bin...???.

Nothing Ventured......Nothing Gained..... :)

Cheers Glen.

3. Vanilla Gorilla

Vanilla Gorilla Go Ape

Well you all stole Texas from the mexicans, so you should be speaking spanish

;)

4. Irminsul

Irminsul Valkyrie

5. PsyGrunge

PsyGrunge Full Fractal Force

Oh no!! What are all of you burrito-loving beauties going to do now? Where to go for your burrito fix now that the infamous burrito kart of Portland Oregon is no more?
    Well, fear not.. that's where I come in.

With this fabulous burrito cookbook, you can make your own burritos in the comfort of your own home. Without over 25 burrito recipes, this book will allow you to make the most authentic burritos ever made.

[​IMG]?

https://www.amazon.co.uk/gp/product/1519221525/ref=as_li_qf_sp_asin_il_tl?ie=UTF8&tag=psychedelian8-21&camp=1634&creative=6738&linkCode=as2&creativeASIN=1519221525&linkId=4daab53f8b5737093e48bfc66f85ee40

Back to the topic in hand and all humour aside, it's absolutely disgusting what these women have gone through. I bet it's hit them both personally. Ethical action supporting Mexicans? Never thought I'd see the day.

1 person likes this.
  6. MeAgain

MeAgain Dazed & Confused Lifetime Supporter Super Moderator

I never said there shouldn't be outrage. Rage all you want. I think the negative response to how the women got their recipe was stupid and one of the problems the left has.
    But the closing of their business, I assume, was because of poor public relations. The message that got across was negative, whether right or wrong.
    No one passed a law or forced them to close.
    That's the free market in operation.

Refusing to serve someone in a public enterprise because of their skin color is an act of picking and choosing what portion of the public you will serve in an uncivil and unlawful manner.

So now we get into the free market. Your point is that the free market in the U.S. should be totally free, that is no rules, laws, morals, or ethics what so ever.
    That would be a total free market system, true.

I was using the free market as meaning there was no government intervention in this case in regards to these women. The closing of their business was due to a free exercising of customer choice. No one was forced to stop buying their product, no governmental pressure was applied.

Your example of a free market, i.e. discrimination, implies that you condone this type of market. That is, a business should be allowed to engage in any type of practice in the course of its operation. Such as price gouging, discrimination based on race, religion, nationality, handicaps, gender, etc., inferior and/or dangerous products, price setting, and so on.

Is that what you're saying?
    People giving bad reviews is the same as discriminating against customers?

7. drumminmama

drumminmama Super Moderator Super Moderator

The majority of Mexican food (separate from Tejano, or Tex Mex, or New Mex -as in the state-, or Cali Mex, etc, etc) is Native in origin.
    Rice being a big exception.

8. drumminmama

drumminmama Super Moderator Super Moderator

So who, exactly, closed the shop down?
    Was it customers who found the article about spying on abuelas to steal recipies no longer supporting them so they lost money?
    That's called the market.

I wonder how folks feel about the Koreans running Louisiana Fish and Chips on Telegraph Ave in Oakland?
    Or the number of "Chinese" restaurants around the US run by families from other nations?
    (that's got to be fine, since the vast majority couldn't tell the difference- /sarcasm)

9. 6-eyed shaman

6-eyed shaman Sock-eye salmon

Well I guess the market of Portland has submitted itself to the culture of social justice. It's actually heartbreaking to see this smear campaign against the burrito shop was successful. It's not stealing a recipe, it's about learning through observation.

2 people like this.
  10. Crystal_Nocked

Crystal_Nocked Members

So...if in that entire book and of all the no-doubt hundreds of different burrito recipes....see if you can find just ONE---solamente UNO!--that calls for using plain sandwich bread instead of a burrito. Since we have a couple members who say they're the same thing.

If you DO find a recipe for a bread burrito--sounds awful, huh?--I will admit defeat on this debate. If you don't..........I win.

Deal?

Sweet.

Thanks.

LOL

11. TheGreatShoeScam

TheGreatShoeScam Members

When faced on the battlefield with a numerically superior enemy, one must attempt to divide his enemy into smaller, more easily dispatched opponents - or even more ideally, divide them against one another, and have them defeat each other without ever drawing your sword. For the NWO elites pulling the strings divide and conquer is a way of life.

Divide and Conquer

Never in human history has there been a more effective way for tyrants to rule over large groups of people who, should they ever learn to cooperate, would easily throw off such tyranny.

This is a game that has continued throughout the centuries and continues on to this very day. While racial, religious, and political divisions are aspects of human nature, they are viciously exploited by the ruling elite to divide and destroy any capacity of the general public to organize, resist, or compete with established sociopolitical and economic monopolies.

Its working as long as we are fighting each other over stupid burritos we are too busy to fight the people who are really screwing us.

12. PsyGrunge

..so you mean, like,... not a burrito?

1 person likes this.
  13. newbie-one

newbie-one one with the newbiverse

No, that's not what I'm saying. I'm not in favor of free markets, exactly because of the sort of problems you mentioned. Markets should sometimes be allowed to act on their own, but if market operation starts to cause more harm than good, then regulation is needed.

I don't think it's consistent though to say words to the effect that "The burrito ladies may have been forced out of business by the left. It was the free market. Oh well, too bad." and not say the same thing about racial discrimination at lunch counters in the pre-civil rights era.

14. MeAgain

So you are equating racial discrimination with negative press?

15. newbie-one

No, I'm saying that both are the product of the free market

16. MeAgain

But you agree there is a difference?

17. newbie-one

In both cases, there is racial discrimination, so there is not an issue of there being racial discrimination in one case, and not the other.

In one case, a person is denied access to a lunch counter because of their race. The practical implications of that are not that severe, insofar as someone can probably get lunch somewhere else.

In the second case, someone is denied their livelihood because of their race, which, practically speaking, has more profound consequences

18. Crystal_Nocked

Crystal_Nocked Members

Exactly my point!!

Thanks for making it for me. LOL

19. MeAgain

Really?

In the case of the two women, they were criticized for how they obtained their recipe. That's all. No discrimination. They were not treated unfairly because of their race. They were not denied the right to sell their product based on their race.

In the case of the lunch counter, not only one person is denied access to the lunch counter, an entire class of people, based on their race is being denied access to the counter.

The women were criticized for bad judgement, right or wrong.
    A black being denied service at a lunch counter is denied not for bad judgement, but for being black.

True they could get lunch somewhere else but that's not the point. The point is the owner of a public service is choosing who he or she can serve based on race. Not judgement.
    First of all please explain to me how they were denied their livelihood.
    Second, this was two individuals, not an entire class of millions of individuals.
    Third, if you assume a black can get lunch somewhere else, why wouldn't you assume the two women couldn't sell their wares somewhere else?

20. PsyGrunge

You're welcome. It's laced. Enjoy.

1 person likes this.