Lifestyle Of Naturally Slim People

Discussion in 'Health and Fitness' started by egger, May 24, 2017.

1. egger

egger Member

An article about the lifestyles of slim people based on a survey of 852 slim and healthy people.

Most of the slim people don't have strict or exotic diets (low-fat, low-carb, vegan, ketogenic, all-liquid, etc). Poultry, eggs, vegetables, and fruit are common in their diets. Most eat breakfast. Most exercise but not extensively. They occasionally eat junk food such as caloric sweetened soda.

http://www.sciencealert.com/this-infographic-reveals-the-daily-habits-of-naturally-slim-people

2. egger

egger Member

'Slim By Design' by Brian Wansink

This talk discusses the psychological nuances that affect eating behavior.

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=cKEbbTmxYGo

3. YouFreeMe

YouFreeMe Visitor

I think the survey that you referenced conveys some pretty essential information: a good diet isn't all too complicated. It's really your small daily habits that dictate everything. An accumulation of the small decisions that you make 20x per day. Just eat mainly whole foods, stick with mostly plants, and you'll be ok. Stay away from processed crap, diet foods, and other inventions of modern eating, and you should be fine.

2 people like this.
  4. rollingalong

rollingalong Banned

I am a prime example...132 pounds and it has not changed since grade 9 some 40-ish years ago.....and thank you for giving me yet another opportunity to tell you about it :)

I just did the math and a conservative estimate says I have eaten well over 36 thousand slices of toast...toast is one of my favorite things and it has gotten me through some lean times

my exercise is ''activity'' around my hobby farm...I eat minimal junk food these days but as a younger man I did ot eat healthy....i'm healthy for a man my age that has done the drugs ive done according to my doctor

2 people like this.
  5. Crystal_Nocked

Crystal_Nocked Members

That describes me perfectly.

I've always been lanky. Ran track and played baseball in high school and college. Right now I'm 6-2 and weigh around 165. Which is actually about ten pounds less than when I was in college fifteen years ago. My Running keeps the weight down. I do about 20-25 miles a week.

But although I eat clean about 70% of the time, I'm no nutrition freak. I eat meat occasionally. And also drink diet soda and the sugar free energy drinks. I'll eat fast food a couple times a week at lunch when I'm at work. Love the salty snacks like chips and popcorn. Pasta is my favorite food. I'll eat some dark chocolate at night a couple times a week. Love pizza and beer. But I drink very moderately. I used to drink very NON moderately! LOL! I my Navy days I drank most nights, when I wasn't at sea of course. And that was usually bourbon. As a pilot we were practically obligated to drink and Chase women. LOL

It's All about moderation. That is, for being fit and healthy. Some of it's genetic, insofar as body type is concerned. But diet and exercise do wonders. I tried the vegetarian thing a few times, for, like, a month or two at a time. It never felt right. I always felt I lost some strength as far as weight lifting power. It sorta helped my running, I think. But I'm not positive on that. Personally I think we evolved to be carnivores. Or, more specifically... omnivores. Not vegetarians.

My wife is a vegan. So since we've been married...seven months almost...I've been eating less meat. Still gotta have it once or twice a week though.

6. Irminsul

Irminsul Valkyrie

Sleep, eat, pub, smoke, eat, eat, smoke, eat, party, eat, smoke, smoke, smoke, sleep.