You Ever Lost Your Artistic Abilities?

Discussion in 'Art' started by chirchri, May 23, 2017.

1. chirchri

chirchri Members

Yup , the first stage is very important. It depend on your determination.

2. chirchri

chirchri Members

I gotta agree, that is what I needed to get too

3. chirchri

chirchri Members

The key point is that you have too many ideas ,and it confused you.

4. chirchri

chirchri Members

I guess it would be fairly good.

5. chirchri

chirchri Members

simply amazing.

6. Irminsul

Irminsul Valkyrie

Too many ideas seems like a good thing though, I'd never want to restrict myself to one idea and wouldn't it be a good thing for your mind and imagination to keep thinking away at new ideas?

I'd say my problem would be the inability to consolidate on the one idea before moving on, but I'm an erratic person so really, maybe this is my artiscism, just being be erratic self. =p

7. MeAgain

MeAgain Dazed & Confused Lifetime Supporter Super Moderator

I have tons of ideas but often lack the skill, resources, patience, or desire to carry them out.

I'd make a good director. Just come up with an idea and have someone else do it for me....so much easier.

Currently I had a minor brainstorm and took an old brass plated floor lamp, removed the lamp arm and wiring, drilled holes in three old metal wagon wheel tires I got somewhere and mounted them all together to make a fake astrolabe something like this:

[​IMG]
    I got a lot of compliments on it so then I found another old wrought iron floor lamp and did the same with some old barrel hoops.
    Now my neighbor wants one but I'm too lazy to try and find more materials. If someone would just get me some more old floor lamps and hoops......

8. GLENGLEN

GLENGLEN Banned

^...... Love It.....My Favourite Metal To Polish And Restore Is Brass.....[​IMG]

Cheers Glen.

9. chirchri

chirchri Members

It's hard to define it. To an extent,maybe u r right .

10. chirchri

chirchri Members

Nice work ,be proud of your life and actions as you would be after a great painting where you spent many hours in it

11. chirchri

chirchri Members

Cheers

12. MeAgain

MeAgain Dazed & Confused Lifetime Supporter Super Moderator

To be clear the picture I posted isn't the one I made!

13. 6-eyed shaman

6-eyed shaman Sock-eye salmon

Yes I lose it after I stop practicing. But it usually comes back quickly.

14. Meliai

Meliai Banned

I've had writers block for the better part of a decade

15. Irminsul

Irminsul Valkyrie

N'aww. :)

Thank you.

My biggest problem with writing is I can't actually finish anything in terms of, I have... ending to anything I have in mind to write, like it would just go on forever. Books have an ending, and I do t have a storyline I could imagine myself just writing and writing and a lot of the stuff I'd want to write about wouldn't need an ending it would just keep going, so while I have the ideas and imagination, I don't know the story or the ending.

I've read before you really need to timeline your novel from the start. I've got the things I'd want to write about because they're fun to me and would be fun to write about but still no direction.

Thank you though, my writing a lot of people enjoy and when I really set my mind to it I know I'm pretty good too like my emails from America, if I thought anyone be interested in what I did, I could publish them as everyone I sent them too loved them and I was very humorous with my observations not just from what I had seen and experienced but how we grew as a person in that one month traveling with people we thought we knew too well only to realize we are just starting to scratch the surface of knowing our flaws and a realization, that we might not be too much of friends when we return home.

Anyway it was a 5 week daily journal for me but all my family and friends following me really enjoyed it. :) and that wasn't fantasy or anything that was a non fiction journal hehe.

16. amber adam

amber adam Members

Unfortunately i feel like I've lost my full ability ability to write. My imagination is not as abundant as it was. All of a sudden the little creative writing skills that I had have vanished. I feel and think a lot, but somehow I can no longer express myself like I used to. Well now that I am alright and all I do is lo0ts of reading and don't feel like writing. Sadness is what used to drive me!I but after all the depression that i had when my father died..I needed a break. I got over being depresses and i am so I'm ok with it..because life needs to be 80% of the time just enjoyable.

17. Adamskiffle

Adamskiffle Members

Yeah, that's actually pretty common....it's the double edged sword of creativity in many ways..it's the same actually with anti-psychotics etc ie: Meds= Far less head fuck, but less creative potential.

It's a dilly of a pickle really..the trick I would say is in finding stuff that your ARE consistently passionate about creating, irrespective of circumstances.

18. Peaceful_LotusFlower

Peaceful_LotusFlower Member

There's times where I do lose them for some reason and the main reason is the always the same: I'm depressed or stressed out. There's other times and I'll be perfectly honest here, I just get plain lazy and not in the mood to do anything. If nothing creative is coming to me, I simply won't do anything until I have idea in mind. If nothing comes to me, I usually start coloring in adult coloring books or do something else with my creative abilities.

The same goes with my writing. I have to be extremely passionate about something in order for me to get out my art supplies and create something. It all depends. Sometimes idea's come to me and I love whenever this happens and than there's other times my mind is just "blank" and it gets frustrating. So I do little minor projects until something "clicks" inside my head.