Was He Flirting With Me?

Discussion in 'Relationships' started by Mendez99, May 14, 2017.

1. Mendez99

Mendez99 Members

Okay so I'm new on this so I don't know how it works but I really need help because I don't know what to do.

So about a month ago I went to this restaurant with my sister,aunt and mom. They sat us close to the kitchen where all the waiters just stand and chill when they don't have tables. A waiter came and asked us for our drinks and left. Minutes after he left another waiter came up to us. He said to my sister and I " this might sound weird but I'm shocked that no one came up to you girls and said anything. I think you guys are really pretty." I kindly smiled and said thank you. I didn't say much because I was shocked he came up to us and honestly I thought he was going to ask for our drinks and I was going to tell him we had a waiter already. Well when he left my sister said that before he came up to us she saw him looking at me a lot and he kept coming towards us then walking back as if he were nervous. I thought he was cute so I was kinda happy about it. After a while when we were done with our food I saw him walk towards the exit and just talked to the other waiters there. I was behind my sister, aunt and mom so I saw him turn towards the exit as if thinking that we left. He then turned the other way and saw me. He smiled and said come back soon. The whole car ride home I couldn't stop thinking about him. Not only was he hot but no guy has ever came u to me and called me pretty.

Two weeks past and I desperate to go again. The problem is we always go out to eat as a family unless i out with a friend. so it's always me my sister and my mom and sometimes my aunt tags along. Since I really wanted to go I didn't mind if we all went. My mom knew I wanted to go because if the waiter but I tried to convince her it wasn't because of him (even thought it was). So we ended up going just us three and again he wasn't our waiter but the sat us down on the other side of the restaurant so I couldn't see really see the kitchen. We got there around 4ish and I didn't see him. I thought shoot he probably doesn't work today. I started to calm down a little and I said to myself that I'll probably come back some other time. Well a few minutes later I saw him walk in and my heart started beating so fast. I was so excited! He didn't notice us right away. But when he did my sister said that she saw him walk down our aisle a lot. I didn't see that because I was too scared. But a few minutes after when I was done with my drink he came up to our booth and said "nice to see you ladies here again." When he came up to us I just burned my tongue with my food and I was rubbing it with ice. He saw me and said "what are you doing there" I told him that I burned myself and he just laughed and said oh please don't do that to yourself then walked away with my cup. My mom wanted to leave already so we got up and I saw that he was near the kitchen talking to some waiters. He was facing the other way so I knew he wasn't going to see me leave. So when I was walking towards the exit he popped up out of nowhere and was on my right. He said "come back soon." My mom noticed it too and said oh I wonder who he came running to say bye too. I was so excited so I knew I wanted to come back but without my mom. I felt it was awkward with her there and that maybe he wasn't doing anything because she was with me. So like three weeks after I decided to go with a friend of mine. The other two times we went it was on a Saturday. But my friend works on Saturday so we went in Sunday. And he wasn't there :(

So my friend came up with this stupid idea and she told me to ask our waitress if she knew the guy. I was too scared so she asked and since she didn't know how he looked like I described him to her. She told us to wait then came back and gave is a name. She left after and me and my friend were excited that we got a name. So the first thing we did was try to find him in social media We didn't find anything. But my friend wanted to come back cause she really wants to see him. A week later I asked her if she was available on Saturday she worked so I asked a different friend. She said yes so I was excited I was going. Three days later she tells me she can't because she's going somewhere with her boyfriend. I was sad so I tried to find someone else. No one could. So I asked my friend who went with me last time when she off of work. She told me Thursday so I wasn't worried about not going Saturday. But then my sister comes to visit us yesterday and she wants to eat there. I start panicking because i look hideous. I get dress and we go. When we get there I start to look around but not making it too obvious. I didn't see him so I figured he's not working. I was kinda happy because I wanted to see him when I go with my friend. Well again a few minutes later he walks in. I was super nervous but I tried to play it cool. I saw him looking my way so I knew he saw me. He never came over though. After a few minutes he did walk thru our aisle but he didn't do anything. A few minutes later I saw him walking towards us again but then turned and walked the other way. I didn't think too much of it. After a couple of minutes he walked back and this time I looked at him and I saw him looking at me all he said was "how you doing" nodded his head and kept walking. I was disappointed because I thought he was going to come up to us again. When we got up to leave he didn't rush towards the exit and he didn't say bye.

So know I'm wondering if I blew it. And I know some people might say that he's flirting to get a big tip but we never got him as a waiter. I don't know what to do should I go back? Was he scared because I was with my mom?

2. I'minmyunderwear

I'minmyunderwear Newbie

there's really not enough information to give a good guess. sounds like he might be at least somewhat interested. but then, as a guy, i know that we're at least somewhat interested in about a third of the women we meet, so that doesn't necessarily mean much.

on the other hand, i wouldn't worry about his lack of attention on the last day. anyone who's worked in food knows that there's some days when you just don't have time to breathe, let alone flirt.

1 person likes this.
  3. Mendez99

Mendez99 Members

You think I should go back?

1 person likes this.
  4. I'minmyunderwear

I'minmyunderwear Newbie

well yeah, why not? worst case, you get some decent restaurant food.

probably nothing will come of it, but if you don't go, then definitely nothing will come of it. there's no downside to trying.

5. r0llinstoned

r0llinstoned Gute Nacht, süßer Prinz

you actually read the entire OP ?

6. I'minmyunderwear

I'minmyunderwear Newbie

yeah, it actually might be one of the longest posts i've actually taken the time to read on here.

i have a lot of work to do the next couple days, and right now i'm basically just trying to find anything to do to put off going to bed and having to start worrying about all the aforementioned work.

7. Mendez99

Mendez99 Members

Yeah sorry about that didn't know I was writing a lot

8. roncollinslives

roncollinslives Members

Sounds like he might be at least somewhat interested :policeman:

9. ahsorandy

ahsorandy Members

Any updates? Have you hooked up with Mr. Waiter yet?

10. Cliff Unicorn

Cliff Unicorn Members

Oh you poor child, what did you expect then...he is a waiter ... and probably gay. So go face him or forget him!

11. Piaf

Piaf Senior Member

honestly...no

12. The Imaginary Being

The Imaginary Being PAIN IN ASS Lifetime Supporter

who knows. i have worked in cafes etc in the past and i'm not going to lie

i will admit to flirting with pretty much anyone.
    but it's not necessarily for a tip

sometimes it just feels like another part of the job.

1 person likes this.
  13. I'minmyunderwear

I'minmyunderwear Newbie

well the last time she was online was 8 minutes after her last post, so i'm going to say there was probably no hookup between that post and her leaving this site forever.

1 person likes this.
  14. simonsmithsays

simonsmithsays Members

Ya, you have nothing to lose!