Is It Better To Exercise Barefoot?

Discussion in 'Barefoot' started by TheGreatShoeScam, May 12, 2017.

1. TheGreatShoeScam

TheGreatShoeScam Members

I searched the term "shoes are a scam" and found this video, good for a post in this forum I think.

[media]https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=GjhH9DVoz6w[/media]

I wear flip flops in the gym and always kick them off and do the leg press and also ride the bike barefoot.

I keep forgetting to bring some spray cleaner to clean the steps on the Stairmaster so I can do that barefoot too .

2. I'minmyunderwear

I'minmyunderwear Newbie

your gym doesn't supply spray cleaner for the equipment?

3. Irminsul

Irminsul Valkyrie

Ugh it's like you're one of the people that the gym rules are made for. :D

4. M_Ranko

M_Ranko Straight edge xXx

It's my default state, when I work out. You'll definitely want to do squats in barefeet. If it was good enough for Arnold Schwarzenegger, who are we to argue?

5. TheGreatShoeScam

TheGreatShoeScam Members

[​IMG]

"Ugh" I put my feet on the gym equipment !

How gross ! But not really what the hell is the difference between a foot and a hand besides the shape ?

I get it when people who always wear shoes take them off it IS gross. Locker rooms everywhere smell awful 10s or 100s of pairs of athletic shoes in one room grosser the gross and nasty.

Why do your gloves smell so bad and how to fix them. | Krav Maga ... Aug 29, 2013 - You know it, your training partners know it, your loved ones know it - your gloves stink. If you aren't sweating like a politician during a lie ...
    Say bye to smelly gloves - JAI - JAI Thai Boxing
    Clean gloves make for a more pleasant training experience, and no stinky hands after class! Ahhh new gloves (aka non smelly gloves). ... The way the soft, protective insides fit snugly around your hands. And the fact your hands don't smell like sweaty feet after training. Gloves smell (like Vinegar) - whats best Solution | Motorcycle ...
    General May 21, 2010 - 16 posts - ‎15 authors Hi guys, gloves are starting to really smell strongly like vinegar. I've only been riding with them a few weeks and they really pong. They're ... My gloves smell TERRIBLE!!!!! - Road Bike Review Forum general-cycling.../my-gloves-smell-terrible-153751.html Nov 13, 2008 - 25 posts - ‎21 authors What do I do?! They're not actually 'bike specific' gloves... they're like... some kind of really awesome work gloves from a hardware store.

See !!! The same damn thing happens to your hands in gloves as with stink ass shoes if you keep them from air and light !!!

Think think and think use that frontal lobe to overcome the idea that feet are naturally smelly and disgusting, brains use them if you got them!

6. TheGreatShoeScam

TheGreatShoeScam Members

I won't argue, when I first quit my shoes in a week I noticed my calves looked better, my feet too. Both my feet and calves got sore in the beginning from being barefoot all day. That kind of muscle soreness like from a gym workout that feels good.

7. I'minmyunderwear

I'minmyunderwear Newbie

well, a foot touches the floor a million times. so that difference depends on what kinds of contaminants may or may not be on the floor.

i've never been in a locker room that smells like dirty shoes. usually stinky locker rooms smell like clothing or athletic equipment (pads, etc) that has been sweated in and piled in such a way that it doesn't get a chance to dry out. which is a comparable situation to dirty shoes, but a distinctly different odor.

8. Crystal_Nocked

Crystal_Nocked Members

What kind of gym let's you go barefoot? Not one I've ever been a member of. And I've been in gyms all my life.

Going barefoot in a gym is a safety hazard. And un hygienic.

Wear Vibram five fingers if you need that barefoot feel.

There is no proven studies that working out barefoot does any good for you.

I'm a runner. I know all about the minimalist shoe or barefoot running trend that began about seven years ago. It all began from a book called Born to Run. By Christopher McDougal. I won't go into details, you can Google it if you're interested.

It's not advisable to begin running barefoot right away. You need to ease into it a little at a time in order to prevent injury.

I see no reason at all to go barefoot in a gym. And again, most gyms if not all don't allow it.

9. I'minmyunderwear

I'minmyunderwear Newbie

there was a barefoot running trend recently? i used to do that way back when i was in high school track. it was nice to not have the extra shoe weight on my feet, especially when i was running in wet grass. i only competed that way once or twice; i really don't think it made much difference overall.

my gym technically has a no barefoot rule, but a lot of people take off their shoes for leg work. i usually keep mine on, although lately i've been doing barefoot more because the shoes i keep there are really slippery and there have been a few times my feet almost slipped off the leg press machine. the last thing i need is to drop 700 pounds on myself because my shitty shoes can't grip the foot pad.

10. TheGreatShoeScam

TheGreatShoeScam Members

My gym allows flip flops this is a beach town I only kick them off to ride the bike and do the leg press like I said above I keep forgetting that can of spray cleaner for the Stairmaster cause people drip sweat on that and no thanks stepping on that.

I really need to remember to bring some cleaner , stair master would be fun barefoot being able to feel where my foot is landing with each step and doing it in a way that my calves get a good burn landing the steps just the forefoot.

So I don't about proven studies that barefoot exercise is better but if you find it more fun that way you might do it more.

All this started cause I wanted to see if I could "toughen up" my feet and function barefoot knowing it was possible cause people all over the world do it and I guess I got more then I asked for cause now that I can and got used to it I hate wearing shoes, a problem I did not have before.

11. TheGreatShoeScam

TheGreatShoeScam Members

[​IMG]

700 on this thing ? Not bad.

12. I'minmyunderwear

I'minmyunderwear Newbie

^ yeah, that's pretty much the same one we have. actually, we have 3 different leg press machines, but that's the one that i was referring to in my post.