Sleep Disturbance

Discussion in 'Health and Fitness' started by ausguerila, May 12, 2017.

1. PsyGrunge

PsyGrunge Full Fractal Force

Well then perhaps something deeper is afoot. Perhaps you require some reversal protection magick.. http://amzn.to/2seSOmd

[​IMG]?

2. Crystal_Nocked

Crystal_Nocked Members

It's the booze that is waking you up.

A few drinks before bed means you're basically passing out from ingesting a depressant drug. Alcohol.

As the effects wear off and the ethyl alcohol is metabolized and your nervous system is not anesthetized any longer, you wake up.

You need to learn to fall asleep naturally, without the aid of the booze. Then you will wake up naturally, and not with a jolt as your system shakes off the sedation.

You probably won't like my answer. But I know of what I speak. I was a nightly drinker for years. I've been where you're at. Trust me.

Cheers.

3. PsyGrunge

PsyGrunge Full Fractal Force

Agreed. You never get 'real' sleep with alcohol in the system. Just a pass out into unconsciousness, but the brain does not go through the sleep cycles.

1 person likes this.
  4. ausguerila

ausguerila Members

I also forgot to mention that I have not had a drink since posting that. Drinking is a casual occurrence.

This is the main statement that I am trying to figure out. Does anyone have any ideas?

5. ausguerila

ausguerila Members

I have most recently been waking up consistently around 5-6am, before the sun rises. Today I had a job interview so I went to bed before 8pm. Today I woke up at around 7am. Does anyone have any ideas of what could be disturbing my sleep?

6. I'minmyunderwear

I'minmyunderwear Newbie

so you just slept for 11 hours and want to know what is keeping you from sleeping?

1 person likes this.
  7. ausguerila

ausguerila Members

What I would like to figure out is what could be causing my sleeping habits to change when I have something important to do.

8. Meliai

Meliai Banned

I think maybe you're just over thinking it. Maybe you're just naturally an early riser. I would take advantage of it, go to bed earlier so you'll get enough sleep when you wake at 5 am, then get up and be productive

I dont wake up as early as you but I do usually wake by 7 am no matter what time I go to bed. The body does what it wants to do

9. ausguerila

ausguerila Members

There was no reason for the consistency of my sleeping habits to change for that specific day even when I went to bed early as well.

10. ausguerila

ausguerila Members

In the last few days, my sleep has been disturbed in the early hours of the morning. I have a random period of energy similar to consuming caffeine which dies down around sunrise and I then can fall back asleep. How does anyone combat random periods of non tiredness when you know there is nothing stopping you from sleeping? Also what could be causing this issue in my previous post?

11. jpdonleavy

jpdonleavy Members

1am MEANS 'in the morning'. You don't have to type it and further drain the world's supplies of letters.

More to the point - stop drinking for a month. Can you do that?

Note that most drinkers vastly under estimate their intake when questioned

'a few drinks' yeah, right! Early morning awakening is normal after 'a few drinks'

12. jpdonleavy

jpdonleavy Members

You're so fucking sardonic. I adore it

13. ausguerila

ausguerila Members

As mentioned in previous messages, I am a casual drinker. Have you got any ideas as to why this would be occurring?

14. I'minmyunderwear

I'minmyunderwear Newbie

it's pretty much a cultural norm. if you're not at least a casual drinker, you're practically shunned in our society.

15. ausguerila

ausguerila Members

Does anyone have anything relevant to add?

16. ausguerila

ausguerila Members

Since the previous post, I have started work again. The first few weeks have been going great. Over the latest week however, I have been getting the feeling of being extremely alert and awake at the hours where I should be falling asleep. I am still waking up around sunrise. I also noticed something strange where if I stay in bed for a while after waking up I get the tired feelings associated with falling asleep. How could these feelings be doing the opposite?

17. ausguerila

ausguerila Members

I had a huge disturbance in sleep last night where something was holding me on the limit of falling asleep for the whole night. I had taken an increased dose of night time cold and flu tablets which have a drowsying effect too. It was not an issue of relaxing either. Moving around was incredibly sluggish and disorienting so I should have been able to sleep without any issue. What would cause this?

18. shaillythomas

shaillythomas Banned

do some yoga and meditation for a sleep problem
    yoga is the natural treatment for any problem

David0301 likes this.