Trump Fires Comey

Discussion in 'Politics' started by lode, May 9, 2017.

1. lode

lode Banned

It feels hot in here...

https://mobile.nytimes.com/2017/05/09/us/politics/james-comey-fired-fbi.html

2. 6-eyed shaman

6-eyed shaman Sock-eye salmon

I saw this on social media. I'm not sure why Hillary voters are complaining. Last I checked they were angry at him for costing her the election.

3. lode

lode Banned

Have you ever fired the person leading a counter-intelligence investigation against you?

Two days before he's supposed to testify before the Senate?

Constitutional crisis?

1 person likes this.
  4. 6-eyed shaman

So you're saying that Comey got Trump elected. But Trump firing Comey saved Trump from Russian investigation? Alrighty then

5. lode

lode Banned

I never said anything close to "Comey got Trump elected." What sort of nonsense talking point are your trying to conflate?

6. 6-eyed shaman

1 person likes this.
  7. newo

newo Lifetime Supporter Lifetime Supporter

If he's not saying it, I am.

2 people like this.
  8. Meliai

Meliai Banned

If Hillary Clinton is the only defense you have of Trump please just give up.

1 person likes this.
  9. lode

lode Banned

1 person likes this.
  10. MeAgain

MeAgain Dazed & Confused Lifetime Supporter Super Moderator

Comey bungled the Clinton investigation in that he spoke about it leading to a political storm. But he was nonpartisan in his investigation and carried it out in a nonpartisan and competent manner.

No one contends the investigation wasn't valid or complete and that the findings were correct.
    Obama did not fire Comey while he was investigating Clinton, who was his political ally.
    Trump praised Comey and his investigation of Clinton repeatedly during the campaign, he found nothing wrong with Comey or his investigation for almost a year.

Trump fired Comey while Trump's political allies, and possibly himself, are currently under investigation by Comey.
    Trump fired Comey on the very same day that subpoenas were issued to Trump allies under investigation.
    Trump fired Comey two days before he was scheduled to appear before the Senate.

There is no comparison between the criticism of Comey's handling of Clinton by the Democrats and Trump's firing of the man who is investigating his team.

Lock him up.

1 person likes this.
  11. Asmodean

Asmodean Slo motion rider

Lol

Posts like these are why people have trouble taking you seriously

1 person likes this.
  12. newo

Just had a wild thought. Apparently Trump doesn't care about how blatantly corrupt he appears. Could it be he wants to be impeached so he can resign? He won't admit it but he knows he's in over his head, and it wouldn't surprise me if he wants out.

13. 6-eyed shaman

What? You don't actually think most people have had a consistent opinion on Comey? Do ya?

14. lode

lode Banned

Apparently nuance is 2000 and late.

Taking that logic train, people who criticized Lincoln's military strategy in the civil war were hypocrites for condemning John Wilkes Booth.

2 people like this.
  15. Flagme15

Flagme15 Members

I am being more convinced that trump is a one term(if he makes it that long)president. It's obvious that he doesn't want the job. He just wanted to win the election.
    If the dems take back the congress in 2018, trump will either quit, or do a complete 180, and become more moderate.

One more thing, trump said that he fired Comey for poor job performance. Using that logic, I guess this is trump's last day in office.

16. Balbus

Balbus Senior Member

To me Trump seems like a spoilt kid that wants his own way and always wants to win at any cost with no concern to others such people are dangerous they want to win daily they are not thinking about the future or what it might mean for people, (or in this case the US) or ultimately what it might mean to them – they won today yippee.

Lets celebrate a crappy healthcare bill, lets celebrate sacking Comey, oh lets celebrate ripping up the US constitution as long as I won that day.

But day traders usually spiral out of control one action creates another action, and greater and greater blunders and the bigger and bigger must be the distractions to try and get people’s minds off the blunders, fire missiles at Syria, threaten North Korea, what next - big show of force in Afghanistan, invade some place, then try and have a limited nuclear war when the impeachment begins?

LOL - Please someone tell me I hit my head last October and I'm in a coma…

1 person likes this.
  17. newo

18. Moonglow181

Moonglow181 Lifetime Supporter Lifetime Supporter

Trump fires Comey and then wants Comey to pledge allegiance to him...Comey refuses.....and trump is warning him now not to leak anything to the press....and veiled threat..."I hope no one was taping our conversations....".

My new name for DJT is Mr. Tweet Tweet.

19. Moonglow181

Moonglow181 Lifetime Supporter Lifetime Supporter

Nice dream, but I doubt it.

20. newo

I doubt it too, but I can't help wondering. His behavior is damn sure irrational.