Masturbation After Age 40

Discussion in 'Masturbation' started by matt1162, May 7, 2017.

1. hitman73

hitman73 Member

I am over 40 and my experience is not the same. I masturbate at every opportunity, but certainly not 10 times a day!

1 person likes this.
  2. smallpenisbottom

smallpenisbottom Members

I wouldn't say that how many times a day one masterbates is not the whole picture of what drives him or her; especially after 40. My testosterone dropped a lot, it is less than 200 and why I was diagnosed with hypogonadism (small penis caused by erectile dysfunction, fatigue, muscle loss or weakness, enlarged male breasts [gynecomastia]). It gets better! My penis was on the lower side of average when I was in my teens, 20s and 30s, but in my 40s it got so small that you need a ruler to see if it is literally a micropenis; it isn't by less than a quarter inch when I can even get it hard enough for a qualifying measurement.

One would think that with all of the above going on that my sex drive would be equally low, but something else happened that changed that! I have always been bi, but when everything started getting smaller, I began to rethink how I felt about my sexual preferences. My thinking went more or less like this... since my penis is so small, I should be the bottom. My actual sexual experience from earlier in life was always kind of bottomy, but I always thought of myself as not really that gay because I was never penetrated. Anyhow, when my penis shrank to 2" flaccid, I started to literally look at myself differently. It made me feel more feminine, and even what and how I had sex with my wife started leaning towards a whole bunch of kinky things that we both enjoyed and do enjoy a lot to this day.

I'm not sharing all of these details to write a steamy homoerotic short story, I'm sharing it because I feel more horny and sexual now than I ever did before. A lot of it is due to different times and attitudes about sexuality now vs then, as I most certainly repressed as much of my gay desires as I could. It was more than an increase you could count or add up in columns, it was a change that opened up things that are new and exciting to me now.

Hope my 2 cents helps, and even if you have nothing in common with anything I just said, I'm guessing that sexual evolution with age is something that every can experience whether gay or straight. If not, maybe what you're looking for is no farther than a little exploration that you haven't got around to yet ;)

LilaWoods likes this.
  3. Ophion

Ophion Members

??
    Like just about anything there seem to be advantages and disadvanatges to an exreme in either direction and the right amount is indeed a balance. From what I have read, though, there seems to be widespread disagreement about how low your testosterone needs to be before receiving extra would be a good idea. Some medics are happy to use an a figure towards the low end of a general distribution of the population for example the 5th centile. Others say that the threshold should be suited to the individual - if you had previously had high testosterone, say 75th centile, and now you're down to 25th centile then it is time to act.

For all that, one thing most medics would agree on is that treatment should be monitored and adjusted if it does not seem to working. Was your extra testosterone specifically to improve your libido or was it for something else and you just hope it would do that too? In other words is failing to make much of an impression on your libido and indication it hasn't worked? Could it be that there is some other cause for that? I think medics are also generally sympathetic to helping your have a normal sex life as long as there isn't some overriding complication

4. Panama Jack

Panama Jack Lifetime Supporter Lifetime Supporter

I take testosterone injections because of a medical condition. I only have one teste due to cancer. It is the best thing that I ever did for myself My libido and erections are good. I am 63 and my wife is a happy 58. I lurk the sexual health forum and like to discuss issues that effect seniors couples.

5. ASSHOLELICKER

ASSHOLELICKER Banned

The happiness and pleasure I get while masturbating is still the same though I am 60 yrs of age. I find it very hard to imagine people who do not masturbate and have no sex. What has age got to do with masturbating. If you have the fire in you to fuck then masturbate. I DO MASTURBATE EVERYDAY. AT TIMES EVEN TWICE A DAY.

6. magickman

magickman Supporters HipForums Supporter

still as good as in my 20s, maybe better. @ 53yo/
    On rare occasions I've gotten so horny I've came twice in less than an hour by masturbating.
    Once in particular when I was chatting it up online about four years ago with a lady. She made me so goddamn horny...it was fucking wild!!!

7. Flagme15

Flagme15 Members

nobody needs to masturbate, but having said that my desire to masturbate hasn't declined that much, and I am in my mid sixties.
    I can go four or five days without masturbating, but it's not because I don't want too. I like to let the anticipation build.

8. iamjustme

iamjustme Wishful thinker HipForums Supporter

I don't do it as often as I did because I want real sex with the wife.
    When I was younger I could wank off a couple times, then 10 minutes later have an hour long session with a girlfriend...not even close anymore.
    If I masturbate now, I won't really want sex later that day. That is how it is for me anyway.
    We have sex about 2-3 times a week, and I masturbate a couple times a week, rarely the same day.

9. RiccyRicardo

RiccyRicardo Newbie

Wow! 10 times a day? I'm impressed.

10. Biggles_Nude!

Biggles_Nude! Hakuna matata.

I certainly did not stop at aged 40. If anything, it is more and more. 15 + at night would be the average.

11. I'minmyunderwear

I'minmyunderwear Newbie

am i reading this wrong or are you saying you masturbate 15 times each night?

12. Biggles_Nude!

Biggles_Nude! Hakuna matata.

That would be most best count on a hot, restless and mostly sleepless night, but hey, who's counting!? The summer solstice is always a busy time... 4-6x a night is more accurate. We got a cool change here last night, which means I can burrow under the doona and sleep soundly. Can still be nudie during the day, even though it has only edged 21°c today. Pooey! It was 37°c last Wednesday — soooo hot and sticky I had to peel off my skin and sit around in my skeleton...

13. Renton75

Renton75 Banned

I find the need to is increasing as my wife's need for sex is decreasing. If I don't I feel like a tightly wound spring with an attitude to match.

14. olderndirt

olderndirt Senior Member

I"m way over 40, and I've been masturbating more often recently because my wife broke her arm then became ill, so our sex life has been "on hold" for two months. I still have a strong sex drive, but certainly not as strong as it was when I was younger.

15. Addicted2MEN

Addicted2MEN New Member

Masturbation isn't my fav but in a pinch.

16. Sir Arthur

Sir Arthur Senior Member

I’m over 40, and get sex on a regular basis, but I still masturbate often. Not quite daily, but often.
    Honestly, I just enjoy it. I like the feel of my penis.
    I also like to masturbate in beautiful natural places. Usually while hiking or cycling if I’m alone in a nice place I’ll play with myself.

Sumbaljack likes this.
  17. Goander

Goander Members

I am over 50 and still masturbate daily. Sometimes multiple times.

18. JL0006

JL0006 Members

I'm never quite sure if by "masturbate" everyone means play with yourself a bit, or go all the way through to ejaculation. Maybe it depends on the question. When I was 14-16, I probably played with myself at least a bit most days, but I recall ejaculating maybe every other day - 3-4X/week. Now at 53, I ejaculate 1-2X/week, preferably after an hour or so of edging when I get the opportunity. Hotel rooms in particular are good for a nice long naked edging session. In between, with life as fast and crazy as it is, I can go a few days or even more without thinking about it or doing much of anything.

19. nldn

nldn Senior Member

Both!

20. magzine2

magzine2 Banned

im afraid its a consequence of growing old.you cant run as fast as you once did,your belly grows,womens breasts sag,your skin goes wrinkly.thats it.i know exactly what you mean!