Masturbation After Age 40

Discussion in 'Masturbation' started by matt1162, May 7, 2017.

1. matt1162

matt1162 Members

I've noticed a huge drop off in the desire to masturbate as the years have added up. When I was 13-19 I would masturbate sometimes 10 times daily! If I only did it 4 times in a day, well that was a slow day. Now I'm lucky if I can get myself off once a week. The desire just isn't there. I'm taking testosterone injections but my dose is too low and my doctor won't increase it.

2. I'minmyunderwear

I'minmyunderwear Newbie

well i'm not looking forward to that.

3. matt1162

matt1162 Members

I can remember the dilemma of masturbating while living in a college dorm. I would have to wait until my roommate had class.

4. matt1162

matt1162 Members

It sucks. However I did manage to make myself cum this morning! Yeah me!

5. Panama Jack

Panama Jack Lifetime Supporter Lifetime Supporter

No mention from you about a wife or partner. If you are having routine sex regularly, this could be why. I am s senior guy with wonder wife that loves regular sex 3-4 times a week. Sometimes we include Masturbation into that routine.
    We like to masturbate, but we love intercourse and oral. As you age you might come to expect a drop off of the desire to masturbate if your sex life is good in other areas. I am 63 and still masturbate. I did last night and my wife knew about it. It is healthy to do it. She likes to lend a hand on occasions. She love to watch.

6. Bilby

Bilby Lifetime Supporter and Freerangertarian Super Moderator

Avoid seed oils and margarine like the plague. Try to eat oily fish such as sardines (not in vegetable oil) wild Alaskan salmon and tinned oysters. Are you on statins ? They will knock you sex drive right down. Apples are also good,

7. jpdonleavy

jpdonleavy Members

private schoolboys (who formed part of each officer selection cohort) would just ask "do you mind if I masturbate," the polite response to which was "no, go ahead", or "I think I'll join you", which was generally only meant figuratively:). It was a civilised solution.

8. I'minmyunderwear

I'minmyunderwear Newbie

my college dorm had communal showers. i go barefoot a lot, but i never let my feet touch those floors...

9. jpdonleavy

jpdonleavy Members

Just as I clicked this we had a momentary power blackout (maybe 50 miles SW of Ottawa Ontario, and it's always loud because active speakers and other electronics make loud cracks etc when they go off like that - anyway - I have just found a gradual linear decline over time, taking longer to achieve and maintain an erection and longer to ejaculate. I sometimes use vibrators for stimulation, both inside underwear and on the surface - whether male of female underwear - or I will wrap my penis in a facecloth or small hand towel (which solves the clean-up issue) and try various vibrators, each with its own tantalsing frequency and power.

With a partner I reach ejaculation best with a BJ and have often gone down on my partner for awhile before she goes down n me. With a male I reciprocate with a BJ either before or after mine but that generally only happens for a few days every few years since there's only been one guy since university. He is fiendishly erudite, rapier-swift with repartee and has a wit so dry it's sere. He's also the only guy who's been in a small number of 3/4-somes with me over a couple of decades

10. jpdonleavy

jpdonleavy Members

I never used to worry about that - either at the gym or stints at sea with the naval reserve. More recently, however, I've read of a couple of incidents of people picking up nasties on their feet (leading to ulcerative conditions).
    so - good point

1 person likes this.
  11. nldn

nldn Senior Member

I never noticed the desire dropping, just the length of time increasing

Fred64 likes this.
  12. bft4evr

bft4evr Senior Member

Length of time it takes you to cum? Length of time between "sessions"? Something else?

13. Vanilla Gorilla

Vanilla Gorilla Go Ape

Thankyou for being truthful

This is why I get annoyed when on these forums you hear some 60 something guy ranting he is just as horny as when he was 15, no you are freakin not, they cant even remember 15 all too well, and certainly cant compare side by side their own 65 yr old / 15 year old selves

Or the claim they are still banging the wife 4 times a week, walk quarter of a mile to the shops and back and they then need a nap, oh but you are still humping the wife for an hour every second day are ya? The same wife you have been looking at for 40 years

2 people like this.
  14. jpdonleavy

jpdonleavy Members

onya

15. I'minmyunderwear

I'minmyunderwear Newbie

to be perfectly honest, i never really did worry about that and still don't. i don't think i even had shower shoes in college. but, that makes my post less interesting. and realistically, i probably had a lot of cum on my soles back in those days.

16. matt1162

matt1162 Members

Of course everyone's libido drops. I take testosterone replacement drugs and it happened to me anyway.

17. jpdonleavy

jpdonleavy Members

Moe testosterone you have sooner you die - a little estrogen goes a long way longevity wise

18. Vanilla Gorilla

Vanilla Gorilla Go Ape

Yeah, what jpdon said Matt.

Read up on testosterone role in heart disease, partlicularly corticosteroids.

No use getting your mojo back for a while if you are going to pop an artery 10 years earlier than you should have

19. Ophion

Ophion Members

I think it is generally acknowledged that there is an age related decline but for me it seems to have been very gradual. When I was at school, masturbating three times a day was the norm, first thing in the morning, immediately after getting home from school and then again last thing at night.

From my late teens to about 30 that reduced to twice a day, morning and evening but that was as much about opportunity as libido. Around 30 I noticed I wasn't ejaculating as much as I did when I was 18 and concluded I should probably reduce to once/day in a concession to quality over quantity (with quantity here being number of orgasms) and that has been my frequency pretty much ever since and I am now 48.

There have been exceptions, though. I met my wife after 30 and to start with we went like rabbits, usually at least twice a day and one day at a music festival we made love 5 times. Her horniness is much for variable than mine and as she approaches ovulation she is very horny and other times of the month she isn't so horny so it may well have been the happy co-incidence of the right time in her cycle with having leisure time as were there early, before things got going. I should say the once/day frequency is frequency of orgasms so depending on how horny she is that may be sex or it maybe masturbation.

So yes, I think some level of decline is normal but how fast that decline can be and still be normal I don't know. If testosterone therapy has not been sufficient to restore your libido was that the problem in the first place? General health can have an effect on libido and so can stress. While getting off seems to help with mild stress, higher levels of stress will completely kill your libido. From what I gather that is a natural body reaction - don't breed when times are hard.

20. matt1162

matt1162 Members

You guys do know that there are health problems associated with low testosterone, right? If you take testosterone replacement, you have to find the right dose, not too high or too low.