Did A Comet Strike Wipe Out Civilization In 11,000 Bc?

Discussion in 'Science and Technology' started by Meagain, May 7, 2017.

1. Irminsul

Irminsul Valkyrie

Yeah that's what I believe too. :)

That the ancients really couldn't perceive what they were seeing so they wrote it down in a way they could comprehend what was occurring and to understand it.

Tons of mythology is like this even to Beowulf, now was there a dragon etc. in the real world? Unlikely, but they're most likely recreations of certain events that happened at the time and the dragon plausibly was used as a reference to oppressing political times. Who knows, but they'd recently uncovered a huge mead Hall in Denmark with measurements pertaining to the mead hall written about in the poems.

Gilgamesh, is even clearly described as mechanical armored robotic machines guarding an entrance place to a cave/mountain.

Now, I'm pretty sure our ancestors didn't have the means to build mechanical armored robotic machines yet they're in the story, like sentry units.

2. Asmodean

Asmodean Slo motion rider

Same here. I'm open to most theories. But also to humoring less credible ones. All in good fun of course! And yeah don't apologize for nothing :cheers2:

1 person likes this.
  3. Vanilla Gorilla

Vanilla Gorilla Go Ape

We have no notions on civilization 10,000 years ago. There is nowhere near enough evidence left

This article reminded me of Tiwanaku being originally dated at 14000 years old by the same kind of "science"

Even stone carvings in most of the worlds environments wont last that long

Its more than possible there may have been a few civilizations ten thousand or so years ago, of which we will never know the existance of

4. pensfan13

pensfan13 Senior Member

I can be interested in ancient civilization and childish humor at the same time.

5. BlackBillBlake

BlackBillBlake resigned HipForums Supporter

If there was anything resembling civilization 10,000 years ago, I agree we know nothing about it. It is hard to imagine though how nomadic hunter gatherers could have built such an extensive monument. It's interesting to me too because the actual carving of the large stones there is much more elaborate than what is found in the neolithic sites in Britain like Stonehenge, which are of much later date.

The dating on Gobekli Tepe seems to be ok. The site was intentionally buried around 9,000 years ago, and was undisturbed until it was discovered. Read about it here if you're interested:

https://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/Göbekli_Tepe#Dating

1 person likes this.
  6. egger

egger Member

7. FritzDaKatx2

FritzDaKatx2 Vinegar Taster

One of the most interesting things I find about Gobekli Tepe t date is that we hear all the time "It's 12,000 years old!",,, and yet they've only uncovered about 8% of the overall installation which even by whats been uncovered seems staggering to think of the amount of workers and degree of developed technologies thatt would have been required to construct such a site.

I wonder if they got much help from the Denisovans or if perhaps it was the Denisovans who initially built the structure only to have Us discover they tasted like Chicken,,, then we buried it to hide all evidence of our atrocity from future generations?
    http://www.digitaljournal.com/science/40-000-year-old-bracelet-from-extinct-human-species-discovered/article/432798

8. Irminsul

Irminsul Valkyrie

Has anybody seen 10,000BC?

I like that movie. :)

Didn't look like any civilization was wiped off back then.

1 person likes this.
  9. jpdonleavy

jpdonleavy Members

There's also a growing movement to classify pictures of animals as 'cultural appropriation' (there goes the St. Patrick's Day Parade)

10. jpdonleavy

jpdonleavy Members

there could have been a few dinos left over (otherwise Aussies woont get et by seawaters from time to time)

11. guerillabedlam

guerillabedlam _|=|-|=|_

I discovered Graham Hancock nearly a decade ago when he was writing about Shamanism and discussed psychedelics like Ayahuasca in his book Supernatural. I know he aligned himself with that 2012 Mayan calendar movement as well, but haven't really kept up on him since then. (Maybe he was featured on some episodes of Ancient Aliens)

I'd say I appreciate that at least he's consistent. He posits some interesting ideas but imo tends to overly glorify ancient civilizations or indigenous cultures.

I find he comes across as more earnest than many who get labelled as pseudoscience though.

12. MeAgain

MeAgain Dazed & Confused Lifetime Supporter Super Moderator

Just as an aside Egyptologists have discovered a painting of a mongoose on a leash dating to about 4,000 years ago.

[​IMG]

1 person likes this.
  13. FritzDaKatx2

I hope nobody thought I was joking about the Denisovans tasting like Chicken. ;)

14. Vanilla Gorilla

Vanilla Gorilla Go Ape

Why were ancient egyptians such shit painters though?

Depictions are always side on and out of proportion.

Why was painting with perspective seemingly impossible?

And why no creative freestyle?

3 people like this.
  15. FritzDaKatx2

Maybe there was and it has yet to be dug up?

Folks have a long history of trying to hide things about their cultures they dont exactly like or want to recall

http://gnosis.org/naghamm/nhl.html

(Warning: Following link written by a rather bitter Soul about a bunch of rather bitter souls)

https://ashraf62.wordpress.com/2012/08/19/hebrew-bible-plagiarized-mythology-and-defaced-monotheism/

16. Irminsul

Irminsul Valkyrie

Lol that's so true though like they can build the pyramid a monument so complex it's hard to be replicated in today's era and yet their depictions were so faulty. :D

That's the most accurate observation we've had so far. :)

17. Vanilla Gorilla

Vanilla Gorilla Go Ape

Makes you wonder if aliens actually built the pyramids ;)

18. Irminsul

Irminsul Valkyrie

Oh I always say they built the pyramids hehe. No way humans did.

19. Asmodean

Asmodean Slo motion rider

Not saying it was aliens but... :p

About that painting style in temples and on palace walls: i reckon that just was the official aesthetic preference of the time and culture. For some reason they felt faces were to be depicted sideways and torsos not. It just how such things develop.

20. MeAgain

MeAgain Dazed & Confused Lifetime Supporter Super Moderator

Art is a product of the times it which it is made.

The ancient Egyptian paintings that remain was never intended to show realism as we now do.
    Perspective, foreshortening, shadows, etc. are later developments in the art of painting.
    One point perspective wasn't developed until the 1400s by an Italian artist, who I forget right now, who wanted to draw a chapel realistically. One theory is that as he was literate he was trained to focus his eyes a little in front of his working surface. Realizing this he placed a piece of glass in front of him before the chapel and while viewing the chapel through the glass, he traced the lines of the building onto the glass. From this he developed the idea of a logical perspective process.
    He was trying to capture something realistically.

The ancient Egyptians were not interested in realism in their painting, they were depicting important events, gods, nobles, etc. If you notice the important figures are usually larger than the others, because they're more important. They're also showing the human body as they know it, not as they see it. When they paint a figure they know the figure has two arms and legs. They know the arms and legs are the same size so they are drawn the same size. When drawing realistically we use forshortening. One arm is never the same length as the other in the drawing, or it might not even be seen even though we know it's there.

Perspective must be taught, both to draw and to view the drawing. Primitive people and children have trouble viewing a perspective drawing until the process is explained to them.

1 person likes this.