73 replies to this topic

#71 jpdonleavy

jpdonleavy

• Members
  • PipPipPip
  • 1,298 posts
  • LocationCanada

Posted June 13 2017 - 12:14 PM

Hell no! I have all my grandparents gear from uniforms to iron crosses to the rifles they used. :) I've got a stick grenade, dials from shot down British war planes they collected. Panzercorps medals, totenkopf insignia, SS insignias, battle flags, battle jacks, shell casings, NDSAP document cards, party joining cards. You name it, down to the letter they wrote home.

The Nazis were without a doubt the best dressed and best looking unit of any modern war and without doubt, original authentic militaristia sells for a fortune.

My grandfathers first class iron cross, in the original presentation case and documents I could sell for a small fortune. And that's only one medal of theirs. ;)

You will be comfortable in your old age, then

#72 jpdonleavy

jpdonleavy

• Members
  • PipPipPip
  • 1,298 posts
  • LocationCanada

Posted June 13 2017 - 12:19 PM

My son in law collects military stuff, including Nazi memorabilia. Latest addition, a de-commissioned Mauser rifle to add to the uniforms, medals and other bits and pieces.

He also has a large collection of books about Hitler and his cohorts. When I first met him years ago, I was a bit worried that my daughter was getting involved with a Nazi sympathizer, but really he's not. He just finds it all fascinating.

The Mauser was superior to the Lee Enfield

#73 BlackBillBlake

BlackBillBlake

Hip Forums Supporter

•  Supporters
  • PipPipPip
  • 11,013 posts

Posted June 13 2017 - 12:55 PM

The Mauser was superior to the Lee Enfield

The Mauser seemed surprisingly heavy to me. 

'Delicacy and dignity are taught by the heart and not by the dancing master' - Dostoevsky.

#74 Mallyboppa

Mallyboppa

Nails Mc Fugger

• PipPipPip
  • 5,790 posts
  • LocationRuncorn GB

Posted June 13 2017 - 01:13 PM

In your pomp and all your glory your a poorer man than me as you lick the boots of death born out of fear 

Click to shop at Herbies Head Shop