Uk General Election 8Th June 2017

Discussion in 'U.K.' started by Joshua Tree, May 4, 2017.

1. BlackBillBlake

BlackBillBlake resigned HipForums Supporter

I'd probably vote for him on the grounds that he'd legalize that good herbal medicine. And probably lock up May & Co.

1 person likes this.
  2. The Walking Dickhead

The Walking Dickhead orbiter of helion

Free bud for everyone who votes for me.

1 person likes this.
  3. Ged

Ged Tits and Thigh Man.

I think we should form a shadow government. As a conceptual thought experiment.

4. BlackBillBlake

You can be shadow minister of culture.

I'll be Lord Chief Justice if you like...........be warned though, the justice might get a little rough for 'enemies of the people'.

5. Ged

Ged Tits and Thigh Man.

I will bring back life-drawing into art schools. I hope this isn't perceived as reactionary, but it's something close to my heart.

6. BlackBillBlake

You're the minister - whatever you say. Any legal challenges in the courts can easily be taken care of ;)

7. The Walking Dickhead

7 years of tory bullshit. 7 more years of damage to my life.

There's no way in hell the tories are on for a landslide as the BBC seems to like claiming in between Corbyn-bashing news snippets. Here's a bag of Diane Abbot. Now here's Theresa May looking conservatively hip in a frock and a nice pair of shoes standing next to Steve Jobs 1945. The SNP have no policies and everything they do is bad because all they talk about is letting the people have a fair say.

I'll take that as a form of stealth censorship and shove it right up David Mundell's backside on June the 9th.

8. BlackBillBlake

Let's say that I'm a psychiatrist, and the UK electorate are my patient. I'm already keeping a close eye on them, and I've got the form to section them ready to sign on June 9th on the grounds of self-harming behaviour. There may be herbal medicines that would help - but the law won't let me prescribe that. That almost certainly means the problem drinking will continue. The delusions will persist. They will continue to regard their abusers as their friends. Since I take an holistic approach, I'm also concerned about the bad diet they're eating - mainly tinned stuff handed out by food banks and processed meat. The air they're breathing breaches agreed standards for pollutants. They say they hear noises underground at night, right under the house they're about to be evicted from for non payment, which they ascribe to fracking in the area. The prognosis isn't exactly rosy.

Another problem is that due to tory cuts to mental health services, it's really difficult to find a bed for my patient. And I'm having trouble accessing their records because I'm on a computer that should have gone off to the recycling centre years ago.

1 person likes this.
  9. soulcompromise

soulcompromise Member HipForums Supporter

How exciting for you all. So... How does it work? I need to take a UK history & government course. Unfortunately the local community college doesn't teach anything like it. I did a report on something called the Magna Carta one time, but I barely even remember how to spell Magna Carta.

Anyway, I hope that a good candidate wins the election. :)

10. Rots in hell

Rots in hell Senior Member

Cheers I am sure thats what will happen !!
    I have seen the Magna Carta its in Lincoln castle ( well one copy of it is )

11. BlackBillBlake

[​IMG]

1 person likes this.
  12. The Walking Dickhead

13. Joshua Tree

Joshua Tree Remain In Light

Is Theresa May a strong and stable leader? More like brittle and belying when confronted with the public.

2 people like this.
  14. BlackBillBlake

The public exist only to cast their votes. When it's all over the public are irrelevant to such people as May. You can't expect a vicar's daughter to hob nob with the plebs.

15. BlackBillBlake

The Lib Dems say they'd legalize cannabis and raise 1 bn in tax from doing it.

Not that I intend to vote for them. But it's an excellent idea.

16. The Walking Dickhead

Aye. Big up Tim Fallon for having the nuts to manifesto that.

If there was a chance in hell of them winning though, I expect they would just leave the elephant in the room out of their manifesto for fear of losing votes, like Corbyn did even though he may well relax the law on it himself once he is (hopefully) in power.

I fear that this will sway cannabis advocates to vote for the lib dems instead of labour, if Labour is the party to tactically vote for in their constituency...

17. The Walking Dickhead

18. BlackBillBlake

I credit cannabis advocates with more intelligence. Everyone knows the LibDems aren't going to win, or hold any balance of power, so whatever they say, even if some of it's good, is largely irrelevant.

My advice to anyone would be to vote for the candidate most likely to beat the tories.

19. Joshua Tree

Joshua Tree Remain In Light

Depends whether they're stoned when they turn up at the polling booth.

20. BlackBillBlake

Be more likely to fuck it up if they were drunk.