Freaques

Discussion in 'Random Thoughts' started by themnax, Apr 30, 2017.

1. themnax

themnax Senior Member

freaques are what every sapient being is born to be.
    it is only by the coercive process the science of anthropology refers to as enculturation,
    that anyone ever becomes mundane.

one simply can never be, in the long term sense,
    happy and at peace with the world,
    by living a mundane life.
    no matter how many 'nice things' one might aquire by doing so.
    (nor even how many mundane 'friends')

1 person likes this.
  2. Pressed_Rat

Pressed_Rat Do you even lift, bruh?

What is a freaque tho?

3. themnax

themnax Senior Member

i like to spell freek/freak, as if it were a variation on frequency.
    just a little quirk i have, about the anachronism of regularized spellings.

4. Pressed_Rat

Pressed_Rat Do you even lift, bruh?

Just messing with you.... having fun.

To me, there are two types of freaks -- the types who are naturally weird because they are who they are. They don't adhere to styles and cliches, but rather do their own thing and live in their own world. They generally don't have many friends, and they don't care about people liking them.

Then you have the "freaks" who are going after some kind of visual image because it draws them the attention they so desperately desire. This is usually an image promoted via the culture, be it counter or otherwise. In essence it stems from a group-think mentality.

Generally people who dress in attention-generating clothing or have flamboyant hairstyles, tattoos or piercings are just attention whores who have taken on the freak label because they are narcissistic and more often than not mentally ill.

5. GLENGLEN

GLENGLEN Banned

After Years Of Describing Myself As An " Ever So Slightly Eccentric" I Must Totally Agree

With Your Opening Post Mr themnax.......[​IMG]

Cheers Glen.

6. themnax

themnax Senior Member

well fashion is a con, and attention seekers are both the conners and the conned.

well some people need more companionship then others. we're all different about that too.

and then of course there's a couple of things someone might need attention for,
    if those were the things that interest them. business and politics to name two.

but then both are a product of a cultural perception, that has come by means both fair and foul, to dominate what are considered powerful and influential parts of this planet.

to me it is more interesting how the world looks, and the forces that make it look that way, then how people living in it do, dispite of course, people being one of those forces.