How Do You Walk Away?

Discussion in 'Random Thoughts' started by Pressed_Rat, Apr 30, 2017.

1. The Walking Dickhead

The Walking Dickhead orbiter of helion

Not as good as my advice. Getting shit faced drunk solves everything, all day long.

2. egger

egger Member

You've said in the past that you would like to have a son. The opportunity has arrived. :)

1 person likes this.
  3. newbie-one

newbie-one one with the newbiverse

Can you explain in greater detail?

Is it just a marriage and children issue?

4. Meliai

Meliai Banned

VG is right though, mixed race kids are the cutest.

If the issue is just kids and marriage it seems like it would be more her choice to walk away because she would be the one not getting what she wants.

But you said you're not happy so I assume it is more than that. I guess the real question is would you be happier without her?

5. Asmodean

Asmodean Slo motion rider

In all seriousness and from my perspective: opposite views on marriage don't have to be a problem. If you're sure you really love her do it for her despite your own mindset on the matter.
    With kids though... I really would think twice about staying in a romantic relationship if its certain one of you wants them and the other doesn't. I would (probably :p yeah its difficult when its real love) quit that relationship.
    Meager positive detail: you don't have to cut someone you really care about out of your life completely after breaking up.
    I don't advice you to break up btw. But yeah, I strongly prefer not to have that responsibility myself. Once i have them though i can't imagine running of either... :p Marriage though... i could deal with ;) and i think you could too!

6. The Walking Dickhead

The Walking Dickhead orbiter of helion

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=zrD2plDchew

7. r0llinstoned

r0llinstoned Gute Nacht, süßer Prinz

I am in the same boat as you, PR. I like my girlfriend and she is really good to me but I do not feel a strong connection anymore and I know we have no future together. Only thing to do is be honest with them I guess. It'll suck for sure but you/me/whoever else is in the same boat will move on.

8. Scratched

Scratched Members

Depending on what you've endured, walking away can become very easy.

One foot in front of the other. 7 Billion people in the world. I've been taught not to care, not to be jealous (even if she's with another man), yada yada. Trained by the most feminist of women.

No problem. Put one foot in front of the other. Joe Perry of Aerosmith did a song "Walk on down"...says it all.

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=dq1ueJC2dXw

9. thefutureawaits

thefutureawaits Members

You probably shouldn't lead her on. It's time for the talk` it's not you, it's me `

10. morrow

morrow Visitor

Perhaps you need some time apart? It's a good way to see if you can live without her..you might just realise, you want to grow old with her, and have a family!
    You might also find being in singleton is a lot easier than you anticipated!

Good luck..I know what she is going to feel, and you!

11. YouFreeMe

YouFreeMe Visitor

I'm actually in a remarkably similar situation right now, PR. It is damn difficult, especially when you have been with the other person for any length of time (in my case, over 7 years!). Love makes it extremely complicated and painful, too.

I think the biggest and most important issue here is the kids--would you be willing to have children at all? Can you even entertain the idea? If not, and if she is dead set on having them, it is probably better to let her go. In a way, you would be doing her a disservice to waste some of her child bearing years if this was something high on her priority list.

Anyway, that's easy for me to say, but it has proven impossibly tough for me to follow my own advice on the matter. There is a lot of gray area between where you work things out together and where you break things off.

I think VG brings up a good point though--there aren't going to be a lot of girls with your interests. Or a lot of people at all. You might need to end up with someone who you have plain good chemistry with, rather than a ton of shared beliefs.

If one of you is flexible on the idea of offspring, then I think you should try and make it work :). In any long term relationship, there are peaks and valleys of love and feelings of commitment. I think there will always be "is this really what I want?" moments, and occasional feelings of dislike towards the other person, or temptation to cut and run. Are you going through a moment or going through a real and permanent change in feelings?

Let me know if you have any revelations though, I could use some words of wisdom myself.

2 people like this.
  12. I'minmyunderwear

I'minmyunderwear Newbie

"Merrege"

Some people don't take the consonants very seriously either. I saw a car either today or yesterday that said "jist murid" on the back window.

13. Aerianne

Aerianne Lifetime Supporter Lifetime Supporter

Marriage and children are highly important to some women; they feel incomplete without them.

Don't be selfish thinking of how unhappy you'd be.

If you are unwilling to contribute to this important aspect of her fulfillment, send her on her way to find someone who will.

Love her that much.